Thread: In the Groove: the next Rez?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default In the Groove: the next Rez?

Yeah, In the Groove for PS2 looks like it might end up being something of a rarity. It just came out, and it's already a little tough to find. I don't have any specific numbers on production runs, but the EB I picked it up at had exactly 2 more copies besides the handful of preorders. Might want to keep an eye on this one...

And it's just a hell of a fun game, if you like DDR and Euro club music. Heh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: In the Groove: the next Rez?

Quote Originally Posted by davidbrit2
    Yeah, In the Groove for PS2 looks like it might end up being something of a rarity. It just came out, and it's already a little tough to find. I don't have any specific numbers on production runs, but the EB I picked it up at had exactly 2 more copies besides the handful of preorders. Might want to keep an eye on this one...

And it's just a hell of a fun game, if you like DDR and Euro club music. Heh.
    It's finally out? I thought it wasn't coming out 'till next week.

I've never played ITG yet, just DDR. How does it compare? Better or the same?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have you played Ultramix 2? It's very similar, in that it's got a strong American feel to it. It's a lot of fun so far, but I've heard some people complain about the step charts up to about level 6 or so being a bit boring and repetitive. I've mostly been playing Hard mode, so I can't really comment on that one. Heh.

Best game ever? No.
    Worth $40? Absolutely.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

Yeah they have that game and the local arcade . I like it alot better than EXTREME.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got ITG and from what I have played I really like it! There are a few things that I like better in ITG than DDR. For example, the different steps (1/4, 1/8, etc.) are different colors so it helps you decipher the patterns alot better. Also ITG has tons of things called "modifiers" that do things that range from making the arrows rotate to making the targets disappear. Like davidbrit2 said, it does have a strong American feel to it, and I think it offers a good contrast to the DDRs with a strong Japanese feel. Overall, I would definately reccomend it to any dance fan.

Oh and as far as rarity- I don't forsee it becoming that rare. My local Best Buy had at least 20 copies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Quote Originally Posted by GameNinja
    For example, the different steps (1/4, 1/8, etc.) are different colors so it helps you decipher the patterns alot better.
    This is a modifier in all the PS2 DDR games, it's called "Solo".

I thought about picking up ITG, but I played it and couldn't stand a LARGE portion of the song list. I got a chuckle out of the several MC Frontalot songs though. If you're gonna go with internet music phenomena, it needs more Kompressor.

The steps are certainly more interesting, but I still prefer Pump It Up as an alternative to DDR.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I'm going to get it once I have some money.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still trying to warm up to ITG. My main gripe is that it's allot harder than DDR. I can "A" 6-7 footer Standard songs in DDR but my range in ITG is around 5-6 so far (which is my range for Heavy songs in DDR). Songs and presentation are pretty generic too.

I definitely like the step patterns better in ITG though. The mines are a interesting addition as well.

I don't know about being a future rarity though. At first I thought it'd be hard to find a copy but I always see dozens of them at Best Buy. But seeing how used Greatest Hits copies of DDR and Konamix ago for, I doubt that means anything about it's future value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, from the looks of it now, it won't be terribly rare. I see a few copies at most stores now. Of course that could all change if the Konami v. Roxor lawsuit goes a certain way, in which case this would be not the next Rez but the next Tengen Tetris.

Oh, and I've heard rumors of Best Buy having it listed as "discontinued" in their inventory systems, but that's about all I've heard on the matter.