Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Perhaps a bit too popular...

  1. #1
    Great Puma (Level 12) Sotenga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Temples of Syrinx
    Posts
    4,291
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

    Default Perhaps a bit too popular...

    Anyone check out the Top 10 FAQ Pages on GameFAQs as of late?

    http://www.gamefaqs.com/

    Now, GTA: San Andreas is a great game and all, but this is freaking ridiculous! x_x
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

    My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

  2. #2
    Apple (Level 5)
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,051
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I'm waiting for the next videogame character showdown where Tommy Vercetti wins over every one else. But what did you expect? If there was an age poll, I'm guessing at least 85% of the users would be 9-14, with the other 15% of the population voting for: I'm 25-40, but think I'm 9-14.

  3. #3
    Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    twiddle your ball sack Indiana
    Posts
    9,092
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

    Default Re: Perhaps a bit too popular...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga
    Now, GTA: San Andreas is a great game and all, but this is freaking ridiculous! x_x
    Why? It's a huge game and it's sold a ton of copies and will probably continue to do so for a while. Wouldn't it stand to reason that most people would be checking out the FAQ for a game like that?

    And junglehunter, I disagree 100% with your age generalization. I played San Andreas this weekend in a room full of "adults" (30 being the average age) and everyone was into it. You couldn't hold on the the controle for more than a few minutes without someone saying "hey! Let me try!"

  4. #4
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    MADTOWN
    Posts
    3,188
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Re: Perhaps a bit too popular...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga
    Anyone check out the Top 10 FAQ Pages on GameFAQs as of late?

    http://www.gamefaqs.com/

    Now, GTA: San Andreas is a great game and all, but this is freaking ridiculous! x_x
    /me slaps mike around a bit with a large intellivision for using gamefaqs

  5. #5
    Apple (Level 5) nik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Victoria BC Canada
    Posts
    1,127
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    GTA seems to be todays "mario brothers"

  6. #6
    Banned

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Palestine, Tx
    Posts
    1,951
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

    Default

    IRC commands are invalid here Kamino. Now you just look like a gamefaqs user!

    Halo 2 being on the list is what I do not understand. Why would you need a FAQ for Halo 2?

  7. #7
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    MADTOWN
    Posts
    3,188
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluteg
    IRC commands are invalid here Kamino. Now you just look like a gamefaqs user!

    Halo 2 being on the list is what I do not understand. Why would you need a FAQ for Halo 2?
    Damn kids these days, they need a FAQ for everything.
    Maybe I should write a LIFE faq for them.
    -----
    LIFE FAQ
    Question: Huh?
    Answer: Life sucks. If you are reading this, you are probably an idiot and wasting my oxygen. Kill yourself.
    ----

  8. #8
    Insert Coin (Level 0) The-Bavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NET, Texas
    Posts
    159
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ChuckleFutz

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluteg
    IRC commands are invalid here Kamino. Now you just look like a gamefaqs user!

    Halo 2 being on the list is what I do not understand. Why would you need a FAQ for Halo 2?
    I admit I used a Halo 2 FAQ, but for two reasons...

    1. Can't hear anything anybody's saying over the music without turning the volume up high enough to wake my sleeping child, so I checked in to see what the heck was going on story-wise.

    2. Used it to see how far along I was at one point because I didn't want to get caught of guard by the infamously disappointing ending. Since I knew when to expect it, I thought it was an OK ending.

    Using the FAQ to complete the game seems a little weak, but I can't criticize since my gaming skills have been declining at a tremendous rate through the years.
    The-Bavis

  9. #9
    drowning in medals Ed Oscuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    16,550
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default Re: Perhaps a bit too popular...

    I'm lazy, so explain this to me: Being on the Top 10 FAQs list means the game has the most FAQ entries, right? GTA: SA is a somewhat complex game with its missions, I could see that.

  10. #10
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    MADTOWN
    Posts
    3,188
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Re: Perhaps a bit too popular...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    I'm lazy, so explain this to me: Being on the Top 10 FAQs list means the game has the most FAQ entries, right? GTA: SA is a somewhat complex game with its missions, I could see that.
    from my understanding, it's by traffic to a certain faq.

  11. #11
    Banana (Level 7) Neil Koch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    The land of sky blue waters
    Posts
    1,492
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    The GameFAQs top 10 is a listing of the most frequently accessed pages -- why does it surprise you that a very popular game is at the top?

    GTA: SA has been in the top 10 since it came out, and it just came out for Xbox. Proabably those damn Zero missions causing everyone to consult a FAQ.

    As for Halo 2, I didn't have any problems getting through it, but, let's face it, a lot of people (wether because of laziness or time constraints) seem to need a FAQ for every game nowadays. The Halo 2 stuff also breaks down a lot of the minuta (like how online rankings are done) in detail.

  12. #12
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Nez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glendale, Az
    Posts
    2,699
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    GTA is too hard for most people, so they need a little help with it. Thats all, plus its popular as all hell. So its not really all that suprising.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

  13. #13
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    355
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    All of the walkthroughs and other FAQs are for the PS2 version, so the links on the pages for the Xbox and PC versions are for those. So, people who just got it for Xbox or PC will end up visiting two FAQ pages if accessing one of those FAQs gives a hit to the PS2 FAQ page.

  14. #14
    Great Puma (Level 12) Sotenga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Temples of Syrinx
    Posts
    4,291
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

    Default

    You guys have made good points... it just came as a slight shock to me, never seeing a game listed three times up there. But I forgot an important fundamental rule: The only thing that matters on GameFAQs are... the FAQs. Hence the name. It's not GameTop10Lists or GameReviews, and I'll be asskicked if some people know it by GameMessageBoards!
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

    My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

  15. #15
    Apple (Level 5) evildead2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,181
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluteg
    IRC commands are invalid here Kamino. Now you just look like a gamefaqs user!

    Halo 2 being on the list is what I do not understand. Why would you need a FAQ for Halo 2?
    For speedy completion of the game. The thing about Halo is that when you're indoors, many of the rooms tend to look the same. Because the rooms lack distinguishing features to help you keep track of the direction you ought to be heading in, its easy to lose one's way in the middle of a skirmish.

  16. #16
    Strawberry (Level 2) DragonMaster Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    464
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junglehunter
    I'm waiting for the next videogame character showdown where Tommy Vercetti wins over every one else. But what did you expect? If there was an age poll, I'm guessing at least 85% of the users would be 9-14, with the other 15% of the population voting for: I'm 25-40, but think I'm 9-14.
    Nah. Those idiots will probably vote for either Cloud or Sephiroth. Kinda like the most recent Villain contest. I knew Sephiroth was gonna take it all, so why not pick him to win? If there wasn't so many idiot fanboys over there, these tournaments would actually be fun.

  17. #17
    Pac-Man (Level 10) FantasiaWHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,669
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaster Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by junglehunter
    I'm waiting for the next videogame character showdown where Tommy Vercetti wins over every one else. But what did you expect? If there was an age poll, I'm guessing at least 85% of the users would be 9-14, with the other 15% of the population voting for: I'm 25-40, but think I'm 9-14.
    Nah. Those idiots will probably vote for either Cloud or Sephiroth. Kinda like the most recent Villain contest. I knew Sephiroth was gonna take it all, so why not pick him to win? If there wasn't so many idiot fanboys over there, these tournaments would actually be fun.
    So let's do one here with some intelligent people

    Then maybe Kefka won't lose to Diablo... *shudder*

  18. #18
    Alex (Level 15)
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Providence RI
    Posts
    7,099
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

    Default

    Actually, GameFAQ is good to go to for reviews. Why? They have both reader reviews and links to proffesional online reviews, like GameSpot and IGN, with the scores all on one page for easy viewing. It's a great place to go to get a bunch of reviews and scores for a game at once.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

  19. #19
    Strawberry (Level 2)
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    423
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Killemall1057

    Default

    Quit hating on GameFAQ users, I happen to be one. *Puts up flame shield*

  20. #20
    Kirby (Level 13) norkusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    5,830
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    Actually, GameFAQ is good to go to for reviews. Why? They have both reader reviews and links to proffesional online reviews, like GameSpot and IGN, with the scores all on one page for easy viewing. It's a great place to go to get a bunch of reviews and scores for a game at once.
    The links to the professional reviews are great, but the GameFAQ user reviews are a complete joke. They are all either perfect 10's, or 1 out of 10's. Once in a great while, you'll see someone write an unbiased review there but it's pretty rare.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 07:48 PM
  2. What's the most popular Wi-Fi DS game right now?
    By Gapporin in forum Modern Gaming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 07:09 AM
  3. When did TXR become popular?
    By Niku-Sama in forum Modern Gaming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 09:24 PM
  4. Least popular RPG ever?
    By Snapple in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 11-17-2005, 12:16 AM
  5. in my country is one of the most popular CD-Rom here - WOW -
    By rarecube in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •