Thread: hows the mega man zero series compared to?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hows the mega man zero series compared to?

mega man x1-3? I tried zero 1 it was alright but I wonder if zero2-3 is close reaching the quality of x1-3.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you basically answered your own question. nothing beats the original megman x series
    Even if I go to hell, I will live to the end of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Mega Man Zero games make a damn good series. Maybe not on par with X-X3, but then again alot of peoples opinions are clouded with favoritism. The first Mega Man Zero leaves much to be desired. The level select structure, and the story just don't cut it. It was fun, but not a masterpiece like the early X games. Zero 2 improved on the first one in every aspect. It brought the return of the boss portrait level select system, developed the storyline more, and it made leveling up your weapons WAY less tedious. Zero 3 further improved on the series. The storyline was quite enjoyable and one, main, common enemy was finally brought to our attention. The game is a tad easier than the first two installments, but the gameplay is tweaked to what I'd call perfection for the Zero series.

I'd say the biggest beef people might have with the series is that there is alot of story behind it like the later X games. I find it to be a treat though, since it hardly takes away from the gameplay experience. I'd at least rate Zero 3 up there with the first three X games. I'm eagerly anticipating the fourth installment which will be due for a release in NA sometime around Q3-Q4.

Any fan of Capcom's Mega Man franchise would enjoy the Mega Man Zero series, sans maybe the first title.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I though the x series was purdy crappy when compared with mega man 2-5

zero was a nice start, something really fresh and different (much better than the x series imho) 2 was better but now they're starting all over again just rehashing zero until zero 10 my guess and who wants that?

but I've played like probably 20 mega man games now and I'm starting to hate..... I just say meh I couldn't be bothered anymore.
    Go, go Ackman!

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I enjoyed all of the Zero games and look forward to part 4 which should be coming this fall. The art direction is undeniably different but the attention to detail is way better than what was possible or done with Megaman and the SNES. The level designs and graphics are some of the most unique I've seen on a 2D platformer for some time, consequently this can make the game harder than it should be and ruin some people's fun.

The story can really clunk up the pace of the game though as you have to sit through the cutscenes. This isn't so bad the first time around, and at least in 2 and 3 you can hit 'start' on your second playthrough to skip them.

Unlike the gameplay mechanics in X where you want to get every upgrade under the sun, Zero makes you choose between using upgrades or getting a better score and earning different abilities. This system typically rewards skilled players over those who actually need all the bonuses they can get.

I was out in the Canadian wilderness for 2 weeks a few years back, no phone, and playing MMZ1 was all I did during the evenings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Isn't the "Zero" series a spin-off and in the same series as the "X" series anyways? They play the same, look the same...

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It should be noted that they're balls hard. Seriously.. like bring you to utter tears hard. It even warns you on the original Megaman Zero box.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah that too(although I can do well up to a point), really what are they thinking? I don't need stress in vgs I play vg to de-stress

we need more games that are like smb3 long, fun and easy to a certain extent
    Go, go Ackman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Zero series isnt as difficult as some people make it out to be. It's similar to Viewtiful Joe. Hard as hell at first, but once you get accustomed to the gameplay and develop "skill", they aren't so bad. They become cakewalks too if you kill off your cyber elves (so cruel ) and gain attributes like sub-tanks, a longer life bar, and no 1 hit-kills when touching spikes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I am currently playing, and I find it to be extremely frustrating. I'm that guy that will continually play Amagon (NES) and Polarium (DS) just for the sheer frustration, and this game is pissing me off. It seems to me that there is an extremely unfair advantage in the Bosses corners. Especially with the "3 Retrys" and then fail mission aspect. Too bad you don't get 3 retries per mission. I would have enjoed it more if the retries didn't carry over.

Now I've played the same mission so many times (so as to not use my retry) that I can play some in my sleep.

Did anyone actually beat this game?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unbroken
    nothing beats the original megman x series
    The original series for NES does

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From what I've played of it, I prefer the the Zero series to X. That is, however, based only on playing Z2 and most of the X series. I found Z2 to have more rewarding gameplay, a stronger graphic style with very creative environments and a vastly superior story. I also didn't think it was any tougher or easier than the X games I played (1, 4-6). Quite honestly, I loved everything about it and its now my favorite MM series. Only my abject poverty has prevented me from tracking down the other games in the series.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by testament89
    It should be noted that they're balls hard. Seriously.. like bring you to utter tears hard. It even warns you on the original Megaman Zero box.
    Oh God yes! I gave up shortly after I started with the original, I didn't expect it to be THAT hard, I couldn't get anywhere, IMO it's too hard even for hardcore MM fans.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JJNova
    Well, I am currently playing, and I find it to be extremely frustrating. I'm that guy that will continually play Amagon (NES) and Polarium (DS) just for the sheer frustration, and this game is pissing me off. It seems to me that there is an extremely unfair advantage in the Bosses corners. Especially with the "3 Retrys" and then fail mission aspect. Too bad you don't get 3 retries per mission. I would have enjoed it more if the retries didn't carry over.

Now I've played the same mission so many times (so as to not use my retry) that I can play some in my sleep.

Did anyone actually beat this game?
    Yeah, I've beaten all three... but the first one is, hands down, the absolute hardest Megaman game they've ever made. It took a good long time to even put a dent in the game, but when you come down to it, its more or less just patterns. One thing that i found to be KEY in beating the game is to level up your weapons - once you can explore the whole base, there are a couple of places you can leave the base and fight some enemies without going on a mission. After I took a while to level up the Z-Saber until it had triple slash, the game got a whole lot easier. That, along with dying a million deaths... Like JJ said, you have to play through some levels many many times so you can do it without losing retrys.

Join the Konami All Stars and get FREE stuff!

Visit the Prototype Archive - System Failure - A really old backup.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Take it from the MegaManFan, "Balls hard" is accurate. I own all three (and Japanese release versions of two on top of that - I got impatient) and haven't beaten any of them. It's not that they aren't good games though, but if I had to choose between the GBA Zero series and the X SNES series, I'd go with the latter in a heartbeat - and X2 and X3 are no cakewalk either.
    Web: www.OHHLA.com, www.RapReviews.com, www.AngryMarks.com
    Forums: www.AngryMarks.com/forums
    Turunga Leela on Info-tari: "Go consummate yourself!!"

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did get to one of the last bosses on Zero 1, but gave up. Pretty hard game yes.