Thread: Messiah 2.4GHz Wireless NES/SNES *in CANADA- Free Ship!*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Messiah 2.4GHz Wireless NES/SNES *in CANADA- Free Ship!*

They're heeeeere!!

OSG Sales page http://www.oldschoolgamer.ca/sales.aspx

But you only clicked because of the free shipping right? 8) It's true! For a limited time, Canadian members of the DP forum only can get a pair (mix and match OK as well- but you must buy at least two) for my website price of $69CDN (+gst *NO PST!*), and get FREE SHIPPING anywhere in Canada. To take advantage of this FREE SHIPPING offer you have to place your order through a PM to me on the DP forum. (if you click on the button on my site, shipping will be added). FREE SHIPPING within Canada will only be available on an introductory basis, for a limited time, so if you've been eyeing these controllers, now is the time.

Wach for these controllers to be available in a game store near you in the future! If they aren't at your favourite game store, ASK THEM to bring them in! OSG has wholesale rates for resellers, as the Canadian distributor for Playmessiah in Canada.

Messiah 2.4GHz Wireless controllers will be available at:

GAME CITY- Westmount Mall in Edmonton, AB
    GAME CITY- Bonnie Doon Mall in Edmonton, AB
    Microplay in St. Albert, AB

With stores in BC and Ontario considering jumping on board soon!

If you are a Canadian game store owner, and are interested in adding PlayMessiah products to your store, contact OSG through OSG's website www.oldschoolgamer.ca for wholesale rates.

Excellent wholesale discounts for resellers on masters.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any chance we will see versions with a standard D-pad? I'd buy a crate full of them if they made them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I now *prefer* these over the D-pad that always made my thumb sore. Very precise, and comfortable. The quality of the D-Pad is what sold me as a distributor.

To answer your question, No. Not to my knowledge.

Change is sometimes good ya know. It's too bad no one is offereing them local for you, so you could try it out first. Trying them out, sells these controllers.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Not sure where "local" is, but there are enough DP people that have these now that you could probably see them at any major convention. I'm sure I'll have mine in tow at OVGE.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omnedon
    I now *prefer* these over the D-pad that always made my thumb sore. Very precise, and comfortable. The quality of the D-Pad is what sold me as a distributor.

To answer your question, No. Not to my knowledge.

Change is sometimes good ya know. It's too bad no one is offereing them local for you, so you could try it out first. Trying them out, sells these controllers.
    I've already got a SNES one. I was one of the first to get one, and I have used it for an extended period of time. Everything about the controller is great, except the D-pad, which is almost useless for most SNES games, IMO. The wireless part is great: long range, no lag, and good battery life. But that D-pad is not my cup of tea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, there ya go! I'm pleased that you've actually used one before posting your opinion on it's usefulness. You sir, have an informed opinion.

I've been told that it would be impossible to beat an NES Megaman game with the 360 degree Messiah D-Pad. Then I witnessed someone beat Megaman2 with one of these controllers, on their first man, the very first time they held one of these controllers.

Therefore, different strokes for different folks. *I* like the D-pad, and find it does not hinder my play at all. I find the original NES D-Pad painful to use for long periods, but the original SNES D-pad less so. These Messiah D-Pads are comfortable and precise in my opinion and experience.

Enough so to take a risk, and help grow the community by supporting Messiah's efforts, and to grow the hobby in general.

Vote with your money everyone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

cool. i'll have to have a closer look at these at gamecity someday

free bump

Edit: i got 6.66 meseta for this post

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omnedon
    Therefore, different strokes for different folks.
    That is why I and many others would be interested in the traditional D-pad. We are just too used to playing our NES and SNES systems with the original style D-pad, and the only thing we are willing to change is to get rid of the cord The Messiah controller does an excellent job of that. Literally no lag, range long enough where I could play my SNES from the other end of the house (though I can't see my TV when I do that), great battery life, and it even has power save features such as auto-sleep and auto-wake.

But just as I can't stand the NES Advantage joystick, for playing NES games, I don't like the thumb-stick style D-pad. It seems like it wouldn't be hard for Messiah to offer two versions, as it is only a difference in one part. Again, I would definitely vote with my wallet if they had a perfect recreation of the original D-pad. I'd say 4 controllers for the NES and 4 for the SNES... for 4 player games of course.

I am sure that just like many people enjoy, say, the NES Advantage joystick for playing NES games, they would also enjoy Messiah's thumb-stick. But I am a purist who just wants a NES/SNES controller without the cord To anybody that hasn't tried these out, I recommend giving them a try. They don't use that crappy ifra-red wireless technology found in older NES and SNES wireless controllers, which have limited range, lag, and require line of sight.

The Messiah controllers use wireless technology that is so damned good that you will forget that they are wireless... until you reflect on the fact that you are no longer having to deal with people tripping over your controller cord, no longer have to hassle with untangling cords, and even better, you have no practical limit to range. I got a Messiah controller so that I could play my SNES while lying in bed (yes nice and relaxed), with my TV on the other end of the room in front of the bed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am very tempted I have been looking to possible get the controllers in the last couple months but I am gonna hold off at the moment and go from there.

I am still thinking I should but since it's only in edmonton to get some at least I can make a trip there, so it's kind of a nice feeling.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Free shipping is not a permanent offer.

Also, OSG has no control as to what in store pricing is on the controllers. They can sell for less, or for more han MSRP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everyone who has paid thus far will get their controllers shipped out (for free) tonite!

Still taking orders with free shipping in Canada.