Thread: anyone live near CT USA and know a great arcade?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default anyone live near CT USA and know a great arcade?

any one live near CT USA that knows of good arcade?

I live in CT and feel deprived of any good arcade places

any arcade that opens up thats cool ends up closing

im trying to find an arcade that has old and new games and especilay plenty of shooters

i have been to some in southern CT and they all suck major diseased monkey balls

ive been to a dave and busters in NJ and it was OK - expensive - and had alcohol and alowed smoking - never seen one like that before - but the games werent what i look for

ive also been to some arcades in manhattan which also had alcohol - it was even more expensive - but had come of the larger machines - but still no older games -- shooters in particular

if there is someone from CT that could paint a picture for me about what exists in northern CT that would be great

where are the arcades with the vector graphic machines - where are the contras or the raidens and the rtypes- the laserdisk games? - is there realy no demand for these?

many of the gamers i talk to ask the same questions

is the market demand realy all fighting - driving - and unrealistic danceing games? - yes they are fun - but thats not much variety - you play one driving game - its not that much diferent then the next one especialy if you played them all a million times

theres only one place i know of where a huge varitey exists and its a arcade store - where they dont like people touching the machines

some years ago ive been to an Arcade in RI which was on a beach and that was the best one ive ever been into -- they had so many diferent varieties - they even had the old sega wooden machines that still worked at the time (like the arm wrestleing machine) - sure that was 10 years ago - things have probbaly changed

thanks all for reading though my ranting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since it doesn't appear that you're against traveling, there's always Funspot in Weirs Beach, NH.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

POG is right. Funspot is great. Here's the thread:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...hlight=funspot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can try Smiles Entertainment Center on the Post Road in Milford Connecticut. When I was younger is used to be a real nice arcade. I know that many of the older games have been replaced a while back but I've heard that they recently got a lot of the classics back though I haven't been there recently to confirm it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

smiles on the poat road

they have a few decent "older" games downstairs but absolutly no classic shooters except for galaga

most of thier games dont work right either

if anyone else here is from the area and always wanted to try out that sega horse raceing arcade - they have it - a big 8 player one but most often only six can play becasue the place is in dire need of technitians

ill definatly have to check out fun spot - next time im reletively close to the area - too bad my sis dosent go to school up there any more - if i knew about that place before i would have visited her more often

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now that I think about it when I was younger I remember that Quassy Amusement Park in Middlebury CT had a very nice arcade as well. I used to spend hours playing PunchOut and Track & Field there. But again, I haven't been there in years so it may be completely different now.

Actually, their website seems to indicate that they still have some of the classics. I think I may need to take road trip myself one of these weekends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yea, actualy i was going to be going to quassy on a company picknic soon

i realy do hope the arcade is the same as when i was a kid - although i heared that it sucked now - i will know next month
    it was a great arcade - everything worked - except for some of the realy old stuff - like this weird mechanical projector game (suposed to reseble a heliocopter) you sat in a chair and the joysitck was conected to some kind of swivel that rotated your chair - and there was a projector that projected on a screen silouettes of enemies and your missles - it even had explosions - has any one seen this before and know what it was called ?