Thread: Trizeal-thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Default Trizeal-thoughts?

I finally got a copy of the game yesterday, and I'm impressed.

It reminds me a lot of those mid-90s shooters, in that it doesn't really seem to spam the screen with 4585703 bullets and rely on some gameplay contrivance to get you through it. This is a good thing, and, oddly enough, a breath of fresh air after games like Mars Matrix.

I'm really digging the three different weapon modes you can switch between, and powering them up is both sensical and good for high scores. Not so good for beating the game easy, though-the game seems harder the more powerful your ship is. The bonus parts of levels for fulfilling certain tasks, that's cool. And hard, if the dragons in the first level are any indication.

Music rocks. The backgrounds rock. The gameplay graphics, not exactly the prettiest on the DC, but are functional, and don't get in the way of the game itself. Grabbing consecutive medals for bonus points makes the game harder, as you're trying to rush for medals while avoiding everything else flying at you. And make no mistake, the game is pretty rough.

I'm definitely ranking it among one of those "must have" import DC shooters, a place which, thus far, I've only put Border Down in.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, imo all Shmups are must-haves ;) At first I wasn't too impressed with Trizeal - I mean, the gameplay is *very* basic, nothing new at all. But it's still a lot of fun in the long term. The graphics are pretty bad if you ask me though, even the backgrounds. Compare it to Zero Gunner 2 for example, which has a mountainscape as well in one of the levels. I'm not too fond of the music either, but that's normal for me, Japanese soundtracks aren't my thing most of the time. Still, it's worth being checked out I guess ... let's hope it wasn't the last DC shmup and Under Defeat gets a release ^^
    Wii: 8285 8147 1575 6278

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks very Battle Garegga esque in gameplay from the few screen shots I've seen. Thats a good thing if it's true! I should start importing sometime. I just can't see myself paying the high prices and buying boot discs/modding my systems.

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

I've enjoyed Trizeal a lot, although I still think Ikaruga and Zero Gunner 2 are better in the long run. I like how Trizeal is pure and without frills though... no silly gimmicks or chaos, just straight shooting. It's been a while since I found a game like that.

--Zero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Ze_ro
    I've enjoyed Trizeal a lot, although I still think Ikaruga and Zero Gunner 2 are better in the long run. I like how Trizeal is pure and without frills though... no silly gimmicks or chaos, just straight shooting. It's been a while since I found a game like that.

--Zero
    I'd daresay Trizeal is far, far, FAR better than the craptacular Ikaruga. Ikaruga was just too reliant on specific ways through levels-you did what the programmers wanted you to be doing, or you died. I remember this being especially bad in level 4. I personally rank Ikaruga as the worst shooter of this generation that I've played-I barely managed to put 3 hours into it.

I really like the fact that you can get through nearly any situation in trizeal in a couple different ways, and of course, switching weapons can make it harder or easier to get big scores, if that's your goal.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives