Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any news on the new Indiana Jones games?

Strawberry (Level 2) The Great Dane's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Any news on the new Indiana Jones games?

Apparently at E3 this year Lucas Arts announced that they are going to be making some new Indiana Jones games for the next gen systems. Have you guys heard any word on what they are going to be about? If not, do you have any ideas on what you would like them to be about?

Personally, I hope that they make them actually based off of the movies. I would love to see a next gen version of the Temple of Doom (which is my favorite movie of all time). I would also love seeing games based off of the other two movies. Also, after playing Emperor's Tomb many times, I would like to see another original game as well.

Anyway, any comments on the new Indy games?

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default the early bird gets...

as far as i know and from what i've heard, the game will be a NEW adventure. the problem with retelling a movie, no matter how classic it is, is that it requires as much if not more work than creating a new adventure. and from what i understand, there are a few indy adventures that people haven't seen yet that lucas wants to get done in any number of ways. in other words, "what you want to see" and what you actually get from lucasarts will be two different things. i say trust the company, as there are always fans who want to "burger king" things too much,

that and the fact that all three movies have had games already done make their remakes somewhat redundant for the moment. but who knows? maybe we'll see something if this new game is a success. hell, as long as it's not another MMO game. imagine 5320 indys running around... throw me the whip and i'll hang myself with it x_x

but i babble- there won't be any REAL news until sometime later this year/early next year, as development hasn't even begun on the game. i saw some really nice pre-production art and that's it. so either bump this post every so often (NOT recommended, ) or hit the lucasarts website for info and sign up if they have an indy website or page for the game. that way when there's more info, it'll hit your inbox first and you can let US know the deal (well, those of us who didn't sign up for more info)...

g.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, more than two years after I posted this topic, and we still don't have any new info on the game. Have you guys heard anything other than the new Euphoria system?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Apparently the fanmade Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth is still progressing, at least.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, is that the one made with Adventure Game Studio? Or am I thinking of something else? If it is, yeah, I have been following that game for the last year or so as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

in 2008 there's going to be Lego Indiana Jones

Insert Coin (Level 0) Jagermeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sosuke Dhampir

Lego Indiana Jones would kick a$$. I was a huge fan of Lego star wars soo it kinda fits. Anyway if you are looking for an India Jones fix the one for the N64 was awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
    in 2008 there's going to be Lego Indiana Jones
    Yeah, I'm excited for Lego Indiana Jones. That and Lego Batman. Both look awesome.

Also, Jagermeister, the one on the N64 you're referring to is the Infernal Machine, right? I have it on pc, but it won't run on XP, so I haven't been able to play it for years. So, I might have to look the N64 version up here soon. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sosuke Dhampir

[QUOTE

Also, Jagermeister, the one on the N64 you're referring to is the Infernal Machine, right? I have it on pc, but it won't run on XP, so I haven't been able to play it for years. So, I might have to look the N64 version up here soon. Thanks for the reminder.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man that's it. I forgot the name of it. But yeah awesome game for what it was.
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I seem to recall that it can in fact be made to run under XP. There's something about needing to run Media Player first, though. It's even in the Wikipedia entry.

(Gee, there was a GBC version of that one?)
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah it is an awesome game.

And yeah, I'm going to have to try out that Windows Media trick and see if it works. I'm a little worried, however, because they also say that another possibly game crashing bug is sometimes caused when the player uses an explosive weapon. Luckily, if I remember right, you don't need to use anything like that for most of the game, at least from what I have played.

*Edit* I can now confirm that this trick does work. I don't have a controller for my pc, so I can't really test anything out other than starting the game and walking a few feet. But, it does work!
    Last edited by The Great Dane; 12-12-2007 at 12:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    itsmeFAMOUS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

I know it's not Indiana Jones, but in the meantime, if you have a ps3, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is excellent and in a similar vein.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Half Japanese View Post
    I know it's not Indiana Jones, but in the meantime, if you have a ps3, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is excellent and in a similar vein.
    I unfortunately don't have a PS3 yet. I'm still trying to get the money saved up for it. But, I REALLY want a PS3 for Uncharted. It looks awesome. It has a very Indiana Jones-like look to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sosuke Dhampir

Yo man how'd u get ur gamertag to show up? I tried doing the thing but it only comes up as a link. Thanks
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Indian died on the N64 when they released Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider is the only real choice of such game unless there is going to be a Romancing the Stone game out anytime soon staring Baloo and Barbra.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ROTS MKII View Post
    Indian died on the N64 when they released Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider is the only real choice of such game unless there is going to be a Romancing the Stone game out anytime soon staring Baloo and Barbra.
    I disagree, Indiana Jones and the emperor's Tomb is a great game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah it is. It could have used a little more polish, but I still love it. I was just thinking about that game today, probably because of this topic and the movie coming out soon, and I am thinking of playing it again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finally some news on the new Indy game. Apparently the PS3 and 360 version have been canceled, at least for now. However, the game, now being called "Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings," is coming to the Wii, DS, and either PS2 or PSP (or both).

There is new trailer for it here: http://www.theraider.net/news/fullst...es.php?id=1016

Looks like it could be good. I'm ready for ANY Indiana Jones game, so I can't wait for this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh, hey, look! There's news from the "Fountain of Youth" project:
    http://www.barnettcollege.com/