Hi everybody!
I'm new to the forums, so be nice/patient por favor.

Here's my issue: I've been on a quest for the *perfect* TV for all around gaming. I came to the conclusion that I had to get 2 sets, one for ED/HD gaming (480p and up), and one for 480i gaming, since HD sets (from my experience) do a mediocre job of displaying 480i content, especially from composite video sources like NES and Turboduo. I already have a small (aka affordable, I'm poor, sorry) LCD HDTV that looks killer with 480p Gamecube games (especially when turned on its side for Ikaruga) and DVDs (plus Xbox I'm sure once I get some component cables). I dream of getting a gigantic 1080p set once they come down in price (not anytime soon).

So now I'm looking for the ideal "standard" TV for pretty much every console PS2 and older. I'm thinking 27 inch CRT, must have RF, composite, and S Video, (Component would be nice but not a necessity), excellent picture (well, duh) and as little overscan as possible

Cheaper the better. And it would be nice if I could find it at a retail store to minimize shipping charges etc (and also so I can see before I buy)

Ideas? Suggestions? What do you use currently?

By the way, some of you may suggest going RGB, but I'm just not sure it's feasible/necessary (I live in the US). Is it really an improvement over S Video? Where can I get RGB cables? Is there such a thing as an affordable, mid sized RGB monitor? etc.

Thank you all so much for reading!