Thread: Paypal payment Unclaimed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Paypal payment Unclaimed?

I just won and auction about an hour ago and sent money through paypal. Now, its listed as confirmed for bank account transfer, but the transfer to the seller is listed as pending "Unclaimed". I've never seen this before...does the seller have to authorize the payment or something? I just want to make sure everything is normal and nothing is wrong on my end. Any help would be appreicated.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Anyone who has a premier or business account will automatically accept any payments made to them.

However those with the basic account (personal?) may sometimes have to go into Paypal and accept payments. Why? Well because Personal accounts can't accept payments from credit cards, they won't be auto claimed. The person receiving the money would have to click to accept and then upgrade their account.

Just one example there. Some accounts just don't auto accept and need manual clearance on the receiving end.

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, the seller needs to either claim or reject the payment. I know because I had that happen to me once and it took the guy forever to claim it. x_x

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From what I understand, if the address you include isn't confirmed with PayPal (ie: a credit card or echeck) the seller must accept or reject the payment. The unconfirmed address is pointed out to them in the details. This happens on Premier accounts and possibley Business as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys...kinda strange since the guy is a powerseller with over 7000 feedback. You would think he would have the best possible account with auto accept. Hopefully he gets to it soon...just makes me nervous :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyRuxpin
    From what I understand, if the address you include isn't confirmed with PayPal (ie: a credit card or echeck) the seller must accept or reject the payment. The unconfirmed address is pointed out to them in the details. This happens on Premier accounts and possibley Business as well.
    Well my end is covered...I have a confirmed address and I used my bank account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    Anyone who has a premier or business account will automatically accept any payments made to them.

However those with the basic account (personal?) may sometimes have to go into Paypal and accept payments. Why? Well because Personal accounts can't accept payments from credit cards, they won't be auto claimed. The person receiving the money would have to click to accept and then upgrade their account.

Just one example there. Some accounts just don't auto accept and need manual clearance on the receiving end.
    This isn't always the case. You can set your preferences in Paypal to not automatically accept payments from people who's PayPal address isn't confirmed. PayPal doesn't offer seller protection if you ship to an address that isn't PayPal confirmed. Therefore setting up your preferences like this if you're a seller helps limit the chances of taking a loss. I have my PayPal account set up like this as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got back from being away all day and the payment has been accepted. Thanks again for the info guys.