Thread: Anyone deal with stoneagegames.com? He stole my stuff!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone deal with stoneagegames.com? He stole my stuff!

Well I shoudn't say he stole my stuff just yet, but I'm pretty sure he did.

Anyways, a few months ago I was talking to guy from stoneagegames.com about region modding a saturn (adding flip switch for jap games) and just fixing another (thank you to the fellow DP member who sold me a dead saturn filled with long hair...gross).

So he sent me a quote and I told him it would be awhile before I got around to sending the systems, he was fine with that. So 3 weeks later I sent the saturns w/delivery confirmation. I told him to update me on the quote to see if the one was even fixable (this would determine if I owed the full quote amount or less) once he received the systems.

So he didn't respond to that e-mail, that's fine, and then I saw a week later that they had been delivered to the PO box so I e-mailed him asking him if he got everything ok. Then a few days passed and I sent another one just following up. Then another week passed and I used his Contat Us form on his webpage where I told him I was wondering what was going on and if he was having trouble w/sending me e-mail to my address (even though I was receiving other e-mail) and I gave him an alternate e-mail address and my cell phone #.

Well as you can imagine, it's been about 2 or 3 more weeks since then and still no response.

Now I never paid him (because he never responded after I sent the systems with the final quote), but he's still got both my saturns. It was a PO box that they were sent to and he does run a video game web site to sell stuff so I assumed he was somewhat credible.

However, his website hasn't been updated since 5/3 either, so I'm wondering if he just like died or what. If he really wanted to rip me off it would have been better to get my cash first, not just my saturns. Running an online website though I really don't think that was his intention, but I'm kind of at a loss.

I'll just go buy another saturn eventually, I don't really care that much - it's just kind of odd how he dissappeared. Maybe I should set up another fake e-mail somewhere and use his Contact Us form to see if he responds to a message about a game he's selling or something... hmmm

Nate

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that sucks, I hope you hear from him soon, maybe he wasn't expecting your shipment at the time you sent it and he's out of town.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would take his address and try to obtain a phone number somehow.

Bummer though, man.

It would be nice to be able to trust people online, but you can never really be safe, huh?

I've been ripped off in similar ways (usually for actual cash) multiple times. It really sucks. Like you said, it's not like it's devistating, but it's just that feeling of betrayal.