Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official N64 Thread

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is your favorite game on this system?
    It's definitely a tie between Kirby 64, Goemon's Great Adventure, and Super Smash Bros.

What are some of your other favorites?
    I also like Mario Kart 64, Iggy's Reckin' Balls, Banjo-Kazooie, Indiana Jones, Banjo-Tooie, Pokemon Puzzle League, Glover, Quest 64, Harvest Moon 64, and the Mario Party games

What games surprised you? Infuriated you?
    I really think all the Rare(as in the company) games were great and to me a company having all the games that they made for a system being good is pretty surprising to me. The only thing that makes me mad is that Diddy Kong Racing wasn't 4 player. It would've been a great party game if it was 4 player.

Do you remember the first time you saw the system in action? What game was it? What was your reaction?
    Did you own the system "back in the day"? How about now?
    The first time I saw it was at my friend's house. He had Banjo-Kazooie. My reaction was "Oh my gosh it's so cool!
    I have to have it!" luckily it was close to christmas and when it came around I got a N64 system with Banjo-Kazooie. (My first N64 game!) That was about late 1998 so I got it christmas then. I'm not sure if that would be "back in the day" or not. I still have it.

How many games do you have for it?
    I have 40ish games.(A game holder full + some more)
    The centerpieces would be: Zelda:Ocarina of Time sealed, Harvest Moon 64, Super Smash Bros. complete, and Indiana Jones: The Infernal Machine.

Any stories surrounding the system that you can share with us?
    Not really, my N64 leads a pretty boring life. That and I really don't have any N64 stories.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The first time I saw a running demo of Mario 64 in the store I immediately opened my wallet and layed down almost 400 (CAN) for the system and Mario 64. I then played Mario every day until Mario Kart 64 came out. I loved my N64 so much I made a table in appreciation ( see in my R.O.D. pics) and customized game cases for the carts.
    I LOVE too many games for this system and gladly will say I love the controller too. The button config was perfect for FPS games.
    I have almost 110 games for the N64- not one do I not like.

N64 is the last of a great era of cartridge videogames.
    The N64 was the original party system, which again caused almost all other makers to follow the trend and include 4 control ports, so while being called the failure (financially) compared to Playstation, I think the impact of the N64 on the whole videogame community was greater that of the PSX which didn't even introduce the CD format it is so famous for.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default N64...

I purchased an N64 at release, brought it home and my mouth just dropped at the sight of Mario 64. It was like nothing before it, it was obviously the greatest gave ever made (at the time). I played this to death, no thought given to other games at first. Eventually I moved on to Castlevania, and Rogue Squadron (castlevania was a let down), but that was the end of my N64 career...until a couple months ago. All the local GameCrazy stores decided to mark their N64 games down to $5 (no matter what). Unable to let this get away from me I consulted Mr. Visa and Mr. Mastercard on how best to handle this. Their solution...get one of each. I am now only a few titles shy of a complete US collection. (The missing ones are rarest ones). I even played through Paper Mario recently, awesome game; a little easy but a lot of fun. Now I hunt boxes for my games, only have 30 something. Also grabbed a couple import games for variety (cheap ones), and have been eye-balling Sin & Punishment on ebay as well. Which game next??? leaning toward Ogre Battle.

Trebuken

P.S. - Also debating whether to pursue an RGB solution for my N64, have heard very mixed opinions on this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I fell in love with the Mario 64 demo and bought it at launch. Then I got Star Wars Shadows of the Empire and loved the heck out of that too. Then came a big long spell of no good games and I traded the system for a PSX. I regretted it when Zelda came out and I got it again when I started collecting about 4 years ago. Since then I've amassed about 40 or so games.

Zelda: OoT probably tops the list followed by Zelda: MM, Rouge Squadron, Mario 64, and the usual quality lineup. Oh and don't forget Mischief Makers, I love that game. I still play the 64 quite a bit. In fact, I just finished Castlevania tonight.

Strawberry (Level 2) Streetball 21's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I first saw Mario 64 when my neighbors friend, who imports a lot of games from Japan, imported a Japanese N64 with Super Mario 64. Man, did I fall in love with the game. The game was in Japanese but I didn't even care cause the graphics had me in awe! I had to puy my N64 on reserve since I waited too long but finally got it about a month after launch.

The best game has to be without a doubt The Legend of Zelda: OoT. Man this game was huge at the time and revolutionary. I think this game still rocks! Other favorites are Blast Corps, probably the most underrated game on the N64, Mario Kart 64, and another favorite is 1080 Snowbarding. These are just a few of the great games on this system!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Official N64 Thread

- What is your favorite game on this system?

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2! Japanese wrestling madness abounds!

- What are some of your other favorites?

All the THQ/AKI wrestling games rocked - best wrestling games you'll probably ever play save for Fire Pro, but that's a different beast. Mischief Makers rocked, as did Excitebike 64. And Blast Corps is one heck of a game too. Top Gear Rally will always be one of my favorite racers as well - I probably spent as much time painting cars as I did racing them.

- What games surprised you? Infuriated you?

I was very suprised by Excitebike 64 - I spent a ton of time with that, and have always felt like it carried the Excitebike name well.

I've also been very suprised with N64 imports - it's a stellar import system!

Turok 2 infuriated me though - I enjoyed Turok, and while Turok 2 has probably the best graphics on the N64, the game as a whole was just a huge departure from whatever made the original so much fun.

- Do you remember the first time you saw the system in action? What game was it? What was your reaction?

First game I played was Pilotwings 64, which was great fun, as the original Pilotwings was one of my SNES favorites. I couldn't control anything in a 3D world at all, but I knew I had to have an N64 anyway. It really just blew me away.

- Did you own the system "back in the day"? How about now?

Got it at launch. I got Super Mario 64, and I saved up my money for Pilotwings. My aunt bought me Cruisn' USA that Christmas also, and nobody did anything but play that the whole time.

- How many games do you have for it?

Around 30 I believe. I have most of the ones I really want.

- Any stories surrounding the system that you can share with us?

We also used to play multiplayer constantly - Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, VPW 2, Super Smash Bros. - you name it, we wore it out. There were many nights where we'd burn through a case of Mountain Dew and finally go to sleep at about 7 or 8 in the morning. Just always had a great time with it - and there was just that little something about it that hasn't been recaptured since.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Super Mario 64

Mischeif Makers, Goldeneye 007, Paper Mario, Blast Corps, Conker, Perfect Dark, Wave Race, Pilotwings...you know basically all the 1st and 2nd party games.

San Fransico Rush was definately a disappointment. It definately wasn't a bad game per se, but it surely wasn't the arcade perfect port that I was expecting. Let's be glad that I actually rented it first.

- Do you remember the first time you saw the system in action? What game was it? What was your reaction?
    It was the summer of 1996 sometime and it was Mario 64 at TRU. It was about 3 to 4 months before the system launched. And I believe it was after E3. So I knew what to expect. So there I was, controller in had, and I saw "Peach". She spoke. Wow. Then the swooping camera around the castle and Mario jumping out of the pipe. I was blown away....and then I got to play. To this day, the opening still brings back fond memories, and I have never and probably never will be so hyped for another game...or system.

Got mine on September 29, 1996 with Super Mario 64. One day before the "official" launch. I somehow learned that I could pick it up early and I was glad I did because I recieved the last N64 TRU had (I had preored after prementioned Mario 64 exposure). I still own it. I was 15 at the time and I had a part time job at the local drive-in. I didn't start saving until that last month (there were still lots of good SNES games coming out). So I went hungry that last month, saving my lunch money and my measily paychecks to be able to afford it. I also remember pulling it out of the box and thinking it was so small. I could go on and on. I was so hyped on the 64.

I have 27 games, most of the AAA games. There's only a few left I want to get. I don't plan on even attempting a complete collection.

I lived off of Mario 64 for months. I knew about Pilotwings 64, but while I liked the SNES version it wasn't enough to sell me on the 64 version. So I passed until much later on (regret--it's so much better than the original). Kind of the same thing with Wave Race. Like the GB version, but not enough to sell me again. Finally picked up Wave Race in like 2000 for $6 and was blown away (kicking myself). But I actually did preorder MK Trilogy, but never picked it up, instead used the $10 for a $9.90 copy of Mario's Picross (a wise investment). Anyway, I bought a PSX in January of 1997. The hype left. While I love my 64, I felt sorry for all my friends who just had a 64. I couldn't have done it. I'm done baballing.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

Mario 64

Goldeneye (of course), Mario Kart, Banjo Kazooie (sp?), OgreBattle64, San Francisco Rush, Zelda OOT, Cruisn USA... thats about it. paultry i know.

Mario 64 of course, and i was pretty amazed at how close Cruisn USA was to its arcade counterpart. What infuriated me was a shitty ol game called Hybrid Heaven, i bought it new and i remember talking my dad into pay something like 55 dollars for it. what a piece of shit that was, and i was deciding between that and Winback.... shoudlve gotten Winback. grr.

HAHA... again, saw it at a friends house, i have a knack for never buying a system before having a friend test the waters for me, needless to say i was amazed with the graphics but at the same time i was bothered by the price of the games, they were a solid 20 dollars above PS1 games at the time, the first games i played were the launch titles, waverace, mario, wayne gretzky hokey and cruisn usa.

Yep, got it about 8 months after its release. sold it. and rebought it off a buddy for 20 bucks, complete in box with 2 controllers and Goldeneye. hehe.

not that many, maybe 10? n64 didnt have a good library. i grew to hate it later.

what a bunch of wasted potential. a royal mess. nintendo still didnt recover. just my opinion though.
    we did get 4 people parties of goldeneye quite often, that was fun. sad how i can define an entire system by maybe 3 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

Star Wars Rogue Squadron

Star Wars Episode I Podracer, Pokemon Stadium, Turok, Quake I and II.

Turok surprised me as being very good. Most people don't like it for some reason. I was pretty disappointed in Lego Racers. It seemed like too hard a game and building your own car ate up the memory card like you wouldn't believe.

I was visiting a friend in another state. He had just bought this thing around its launch and was raving about it. So he put in Turok and I was pretty blown away becaus I didn't know a console could make an FPS look that good as compared to a computer.

Did not own back in the day. Took advantage of Gamestop's sales a couple of years back when the price dropped to $20 so I bought one out of curiosity...and I was lucky enough to get one that had a system expansion module in it before those suddenly got scarce.

In the final analysis I'm not as crazy about this machine as I might have been. I felt the same way about SNES but unlike SNES I am going to keep my N64. It gets a lot of play because my kids like the Pokemon games. I have a personal goal of getting all the Star Wars titles released for this machine (one to go). And I also want the Zelda games. Once I've got all that I think I'll be done collecting for this machine.

I think the N64 is significant system in gaming history because it was - excluding handhelds - the last cartridge based system the world will ever see.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Goldeneye 007

Super Mario 64, Mischeif Makers, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, Paper Mario, Castlevania Legacy of Darkness.

I saw it on TV on those computer shows that Sci Fi Channel used to show. Super Mario 64. I thought it looked awesome.

Yep, got it in 1997. My brother's friend sold me his for $75 with 2 controllers, Goldeneye 007, and San Fransisco Rush. My brother sold it about half a year later and I didn't have one until 9-9-99 when another one of his friends bought a Dreamcast. I paid $95 for that one with 3 controllers, Goldeneye 007, Rogue Squadron, and the ram upgrade.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Goldeneye 007.

Super Mario 64, Blast Corps, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Harvest Moon 64, The New Tetris, Beetle Adventure Racing, Wave Race 64, Top Gear Rally, Sin & Punishment

Pilotwings 64 surprised me by taking all of the fun out of the SNES game. Goldeneye, as much as I love it, has infuriated me more than any other game I've ever played. Blast Corps is up there, too.

Super Mario 64 at a local BlockBuster during their N64 promotion. I spent a lot of time there just playing the game.

Yes and Yes, still have my launch model. I've acquired 3 other units, one being the limited edition gold.

56 US releases, 2 JP imports

No, not really.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably Super Smash Bros. or Goldeneye

Blast Corps was a good suprise. Good game, not well known.

I first saw it in action the day it came out with Mario. It was amazing. Ive never been so engrossed in just the graphics of a game. And it was fun to play, too.

I got it the day it came out. I saved up my money for it when I first heard about it, and luckily there was one left in the display case at K-mart when I got there.
    Rarest games in collection: (R8) Chavez II for SNES / (R7) Star Gunner (Telesys) for Atari 2600
    Game Collection -- Game Commercials -- Favorite Game: Secret of Mana
    Wii code: 2572 7867 9177 9866 Smash: 0259-0110-4026

Insert Coin (Level 0) The-Bavis's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ChuckleFutz

Goldeneye

Typical stuff: both Zeldas, Pilotwings, Mario Kart and I probably play Star Wars Racer more now than any other game on the system. One day I will finish that game, dammit.

I was surprised by how much I hated wrestling games on the system. I had always liked them before and I haven't given a wrestling game a chance since.

Games that infuriate me with their gameplay are the aforementioned pod racer game and it's third to last track. I HATE that track. Also, Shadow of the Empire's Boba Fett has made me commit some serious controller abuse.

Saw it at a friend's house over Christmas break in college. He had Mario and Wave Race. I got to try out Wave Race and was so awful at it, I thought I was done with these new-fangled vidyuh games.

Yes. Got it a Christmas after release. It was a big surprise to me.

I think around 20. I have lots of trashed out ex-rentals and stuff since this system was in its heyday while I was in college and the games were pretty freakin' expensive.

Several short ones:

1 - Despite the high price of games, this is the first system I was able to find a "bargain" priced game for. I got Quake II for $7 at Wal-Mart or something. Not a great game, but fun multi-player.

2 - My dad, who was in his 50s when the 64 was new started playing my copy of Goldeneye while I was home from college. He got hooked, bought his own system and copy of the game. My dad became the master of that one game. He barely dabbled in any other game after that, but I think he still plays Goldeneye.

3 - I still don't own Mario 64. I plan to buy it some day, but I feel like I know the game because I watched my younger sister-in-law play that game almost everyday one summer. I've never been able to watch a video game with such interest until the 64 came along.
    The-Bavis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

I was looking forward to it back when it was "Ultra 64" just being announced. I think that original logo was way cooler.

Playing Star Wars Shadows of the Empire for the first time was monumental. And GolenEye...was like wow man. One of those games that get people to crash at your place and spring for pizza and shit. I also had a pretty good time with games like Blast Corp. Pilot Wings "trippy stuff" and of course Mario 64 and Zelda.

I kind of lost interest around the time Expansion pack titles were being released but still had a chance to experience Conker and Perfect Dark in its waning years.

Buying the DC when it came out 9/9/99 Was the end of N64 being my main system but to tell the truth if I have one of those weird dreams about being able to fly... It sure as hell looks alot like those birdman stages from pilot wings 64...

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked this system up specifically for one game: Eternal Darkness. So, it ended up that I didn't purchase a lot of games for it. I have some of the must-haves, like Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, and GoldenEye 007, but little more.

The first time I saw it in action was a 4-player game of GoldenEye in the company Game Room. Got me hooked instantly. At the time I bought my 64, I was more heavily into the PC gaming scene, a trend that has since reversed itself. I plan on expanding my library as I find good buys, but unfortunately it got retired to the "classic" shelf perhaps before its time.

- Favorite game: Goldeneye 007
    - Other favorites: Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart 64
    - Surprise: Perfect Dark. I couldn't stand this game, I had high hopes and was just utterly disappointed. Particularly after the alien entered the story.
    - How many games: Just seven.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- What is your favorite game on this system? Super Mario 64.

- What are some of your other favorites? The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Paper Mario, Mischief Makers, Perfect Dark, 007 Goldeneye.

- What games surprised you? Infuriated you? LoZ:OoT was my first game for the system and also my first time playing a true, 100% 3D game. As you'd expect, the new dimension surprised me.

- Do you remember the first time you saw the system in action? What game was it? What was your reaction? 1996, the store demo was playing Super Mario 64. I was amazed and was enjoying the transition to 3D (too bad I despise most 3D games now days).

- Did you own the system "back in the day"? How about now? I didn't get mine until the Christmas of 1998. My parents had gotten me the N64 with the limited edition Atomic Purple controller (which I foolishly sold in a garage sale back in 2001 ) and OoT.

- How many games do you have for it? Only 12.

- Any stories surrounding the system that you can share with us? I started out loving this console, and then gradually despised it. it's the only console I've ever owned that I've grown to hate. I like it again today, but only for what it is. Back in 2000 I began to dislike it. It was all due to the lack of 3rd party support. I like Nintendo games, but I need a large variety of other company games too. I kind of wish I got the Saturn instead, it was probably on clearence at the time.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mario Kart 64

conkers bad fur day, duck dogers 64, road rash 64, mario 64 etc etc

- What games surprised you?
    road rash 64

I wasn't expecting it to be good at all but it 's one of those games that grabs you by the nuts and shakes you around, really good stuff.

Infuriated you?
    castelvaina 64

no comment

- Do you remember the first time you saw the system in action?
    At a friends house he was playing mario kart 64 I was kinda green with envy looked really awesome, mind blowing etc

not quite, yup you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

Go, go Ackman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is your favorite game on this system?
    Mario Kart 64. I play through all the tracks at least once whenever I'm on an N64 kick.

What are some of your other favorites?
    Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing (great career mode and multiplayer), Goldeneye 007, Beetle Adventure Racing, Cruis'n USA, Pokemon Snap (wish it hadn't been so short, though), Banjo-Kazooie, Star Wars Ep. 1 Racer, San Francisco Rush, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

What games surprised you? Infuriated you?
    -Surprised: Pokemon Snap actually kept me addicted for a couple weeks. I enjoyed it more than my brother, who had asked for it for his birthday. Ocarina Of Time was really impressive and surpassed my expectations.
    -Infuriated: Star Wars Shadows Of The Empire. I got stuck in it a few times too many and just gave up on it.

Do you remember the first time you saw the system in action? What game was it? What was your reaction?
    The first time I saw it, I was at a wedding reception at someone's house shortly after the console was released. I was 14 at the time. There was an N64 with Super Mario 64, and a bunch of kids were gathered around it, so I didn't get much playtime, but with what playtime I did get, I was pretty impressed and knew I wanted more.

I didn't, but my younger brother had one, so I wasn't deprived of the N64. In the spring of 2004, a friend of mine was selling his N64 with two controllers and a bunch of games, and I didn't pass it up. The games were:
    -Goldeneye 007 boxed (later found a manual for it)
    -About 5 different wrestling games. I got rid of most of them and the only one I have now is WWF No Mercy.
    -Pokemon Stadium boxed w/transfer pak (I'm going to have to get a new transfer pak though, my brother borrowed it and lost it )
    -Knockout Kings 2000 (boxed)
    I also had Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing, so I had a decent starter library. Unfortunately, I don't have the console hooked up right now due to lack of space.

How many games do you have for it?
    I currently have 32 games. Most of them are racing titles, but I do have a good share of games in other genres as well.

Any stories surrounding the system that you can share with us?
    Not too long ago, I brought Pokemon Stadium over to a friends house since he was looking for multiplayer games we could check out. The minigames in Pokemon Stadium were the closest thing I had to Mario Party so I figured it might work. We had a blast and suprisingly, he asked if he could borrow it.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My N64 probably gets the most playtime of all the consoles in my collection. I truly love what it can do, and the games that you can choose from. It being the last cartridged based console infuriates me because I can't stand dics. \
    My favorite game on the console has got to be Ocarina of Time. I played it for months and loved it to death. It, single-handedly got me into RPG's.
    Other great games on the N64 are:
    Super Mario 64
    Mario Kart 64
    Goldeneye 007
    Super Smash Bros.
    Majora's Mask
    NFL Blitz
    Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
    Star Fox
    Cruisn USA
    1080 Snowboarding
    Banjo Kazooie
    etc....

I remember the first time I had played it. It was at my cousins house (they always had the newest games/consoles), and they were playing Super Mario 64. I had always been a fan of Super Mario games, and I thought this one was sooooo cool.

After I saw them play it, I saved up $200 (I was 10 at the time) and bought it along with Super Mario 64. And I still own the same one to this day. (One of the only things that I have had since I was a kid)

I currently have about 75 games for the good-old N64. I am trying to complete the collection (boxed) because I think any game on a cartridged made by Nintendo has to be in my collection.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Super Mario 64 is my favorite game of all time, and thus also my favorite on this system.

Zelda OoT, Mystical Ninja, Mischief Makers, Pikachu Genki de Chu, Extreme G, Top Gear Rally, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye.

Well, Mario 64 certainly surprised me the first time I ever saw it, but I think everyone can say that. Top Gear Rally was a lot better than I expected it'd be. I was really hyped for Diddy Kong Racing, but once I got it I was not impressed, I feel that the blatantly cheating AI in SMK actually makes it a better game.

My friend brought the system and Mario 64 to my house shortly after launch. My jaw just hit the floor. See the "stories" question for more on this.

I bought one in early '97 I believe, and have owned the same unit since. It sadly hasn't gotten much play time recently, but neither has anything else. My job is sorta all-consuming.

I've got about 20 games, I still have lots to buy.

The first time I saw the system was winter 1996, known as "the blizzard of 96" in the DC Metro Area. We missed school for an entire week, and our midterms were outright canceled as a result. My friend Dan lived a block away, and we spent the entire week playing N64. Mario 64, Waverace, Mortal Kombat. I had an N64, Game Gear, and Genesis before the N64, but the N64 is what really got me into gaming. Since then I have been obsessively collecting and playing, and that week in 1996 remains one of my favorite memories.