Thread: DP Arcade Addicts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    phreak97

Default DP Arcade Addicts

Twice now i have gotten hooked on the DP Arcade.. both times losing over half my mesetas

is there anyone else out there like me?
    im sure there is

also who aggrees is should display your mesetas on almost every page in this site? pages like the lottery dont have it displayed anywhere i could see.

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

You should sue DP. It's all their fault. Lets see how the court system handles Meseta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yep. Mahjongg zaps mine like anything. 3D Pong is also addictive, as are a few others like Hexagon and Zoo Keeper.

What makes it worse is the fact that it is virtually impossible to do well enough on them to actually win any Meseta's back for your efforts.

One good idea would be to reset all the scores once a week or something, so that there is at least a slim chance of being able to get on the leaderboard - Although, that wouldn't really be fair to those who have actually got the top slot on a majority of games (Which actually seems to be Joe by the looks of it)

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, it lists your meseta on these message pages so just take a quick glimpse to see what you have before heading to the lottery page. The arcade pages also list them in a small box to the left around the top of the screen.

I've actually been winning meseta lately...of course, I've been mainly playing a few games I'm decent at. I also agree that it would be nice to have a chance at being top scorer on several games...and also agree it's not fair to penalize those who are indeed good enough to be at the top of each game's high score boards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    phreak97

yeah, they should be reset occasionally, but that's my opinion as the guy who isnt good enough to have a top score:P im sure i would argue differently if i were holding one.

i dont fully understand the jackpot system, do you win the jackpot when you beat the top score? or is there some unknown score you have to reach which will award you the jackpot?

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by phreak97
    i dont fully understand the jackpot system, do you win the jackpot when you beat the top score? or is there some unknown score you have to reach which will award you the jackpot?
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/faq.php#36

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should edit the FAQ, Joe. It says on it that "Every time a game is played and the trophy stays with its original owner, the jackpot value goes up by one" but recently adjusted the games so they now cost 5 meseta to play so that should now read "...the jackpot value goes up by five".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It also says somewhere that there is some kind of "Payback" for certain games where you do reasonably well. Does this mean getting into the top 3 / top 5 / top 10???

Some games there is a set maximum score - So basically, this means that the first player to play and achieve this maximum score gets the trophy.

But this also means that anyone who plays afterwards cannot possibly get the high score. Warthog Rampage for example (If you don't include Joe's fluky glitch which got him the top-most score) - Is there any point in having a jackpot on that game (and a few others) if no one can ever claim it? (Even if they match the ighest score)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love the arcade. Usually too much of my meseta ends up there.

Some of the high scores are rather intimidating though. Just looking at the fly catching game, I have yet to get a score higher than 1, and then when I see 233, my eyes bug out. So does the high score on Zookeeper.

But yesterday I did get two shiny new trophies for my collection. I was working on getting the trophy for Defense 4, but I thought it would save my score when I quit. Oh no. It only saves everything *but* your score. Poo.

3D Pong is awesome. I have a feeling those high scores are going to be out of reach before too long though. Ah well.