Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sore loser harrassment email

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sore loser harrassment email

First time this has ever happened to me, thought I would get your thoughts and ask how often this has happened to you

On Ebay, yes, I try to snipe, I've been sniped many times, I don't cry about it, thats life

I sniped an auction with about 10 seconds to go, won it, there was one other bidder....

Later today, I get a message from this person, she had went to one of the items I was selling and used the "ask seller a question" form...

She berated me for scalping her on her auction, and proceeded to tell me that she has cancer, she cannot work, her daughter is disabled, and she has very little money, and those games would have been nice for her to get. She said "what you send into the lives of others comes back into your own", and wrote her name and her daughter... wow, what a guilt trip

Of course, she checked the "hide email address" button.... I reported this to Ebay, of course nothing will happen. I also blocked her from bidding on my auctions... I want badly to write something back, but I'm fighting temptation.

Seriously, what BS. the woman had 70 some feedback, you would think she knew what ebay was all about before that!

Anyways, thoughts, experiences, etc would be appreciated

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

So she cannot work yet she's buying games on ebay? Something smells fishy.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Fuck 'em. That's the nature of Ebay. If it's too much for her to handle, she shouldn't bid. I don't know how many times I've been outbid in the last 5-10 seconds of an auction. Disappointed, but I moved on. She should too. That sob story smells like bullshit to me, btw.

Tell her you will ponder her words while enjoying whatever item you won.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Had reverse sore harrassment ebay email once when I first bid ever I wanted this huge saturn lot for like 500 games... Maybe it was Playstation. Anyho I bid up from 230 to like 500 max and had the hight bid about 18 seconds left to go and I didn't manage getting in a second bid but the other guy did and he won. Later he sent me a message that said that was "pretty tricky" but it didn't work.

Funny thing is I thought the message was from the seller and my reply was, "Hmm looks like what I'm bidding on appears to be copied and burned disks and not the actual games hmm, oh well I tried to fake out the other guy by bidding a super huge price at the last second but it looks like it's his problem now..."

Only in his second reply did he become clear to me the guy I was talking with was the high bidder and not the seller. His reply was something like, "I was the other guy! don't try and send the seller outside offers since it's already been paid. Dodged that bullet, Whatevah.....

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Sore loser harrassment email

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland Jr
    Later today, I get a message from this person, she had went to one of the items I was selling and used the "ask seller a question" form...

She berated me for scalping her on her auction, and proceeded to tell me that she has cancer, she cannot work, her daughter is disabled, and she has very little money, and those games would have been nice for her to get. She said "what you send into the lives of others comes back into your own", and wrote her name and her daughter... wow, what a guilt trip
    What's with these mom/daughter/cancer issues. Here is an e-mail I got from a bidder just about a week ago:
    Hello,
    I won this auction. I was hoping to win more but did not. I just want you to know I entend to pay for this with pay pal but I need to waita few more days. I bought these for my daughter who is disabled. However, I myself am being treated for cancer right now, so I do notmake it into the town my bank is in too much to make deposits. ANd, I am afraid there is not too much in that account at present. But, as soon as I get my check, I will pay by pay pal. Should be a few more days only. Is this ok? I am a good ebayer, you can read my feedback. I am just haveing a few tough times right now.
    This sounds like the same person ... even has 77 feedback. I get these all the time.

Hang on, if she berated on an auction you won and she lost, were you bidding on my auctions??
    Completed 60+ trades here on digital press.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nope you weren't, I figured out who you were. Your really did get a pretty good deal, I can see why she'd be upset. If you know she is not happy with you, it may be a good idea to block her account from bidder so that she doesn't stick you retaliation.

One a side note, she was quite pleasant in the other e-mail I got from her, so she's not all bad.
    Completed 60+ trades here on digital press.

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Ever get harrassed while the auction was still going on? Back when I was on AOL, somebody kept IMing me every thirty seconds begging me to quit outbidding him on something, it was for his kid's birthday, blah blah blah. I explained the whole "proxy bidding" thing to him but he kept on IMing and e-mailing me telling me to knock it off and stop it and to fuck myself and so on. I finally told him to cut the crap or I'd report him to AOL and I'm sure his parents wouldn't be too happy about it. He stopped.

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let's see a link I wanna see what kinda steal you got...

Someone emailed me stating "Shipping was only 10 I paid 15 can I have my $5 back." I said no, welcome to ebay where this shit happens all the time.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I once had a guy from Japan IM'd me once I sniped a loose Super Famicom very cheap, he told me he wanted it for his brother, who was in the hospital and getting ready to die, and his last wish was to finally own a Super Famicom. His brother had scrounged up all the pocket change he had in his piggy bank to get one.

His last wish was to own a Super Famicom? So they were buying him a loose one from eBay despite the fact that they live in Japan? I'm sorry, I didn't buy it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think eBay should be banned... It seems to cause more cancer, kill more uncles, and disable more children than any other substance on earth.

Side note: I've actually been congratulated by another bidder for winning. Twice.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitnes
    Nope you weren't, I figured out who you were. Your really did get a pretty good deal, I can see why she'd be upset. If you know she is not happy with you, it may be a good idea to block her account from bidder so that she doesn't stick you retaliation.

One a side note, she was quite pleasant in the other e-mail I got from her, so she's not all bad.
    Yeah, I would watch this woman, cross her and she flips out

She's already been blocked, did that as soon as i got the email.

I just don't see why people like to play these guilt trips, everyone has problems, some more than others, but comeon, IT'S EBAY, not a charity service

I don't want to name the person on here, "just in case", I've seen a few people come on here and go off if someone has been talking about them, but I did get a pretty good steal 17 NES games and some extras for about 14 dollars incl shipping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    I once had a guy from Japan IM'd me once I sniped a loose Super Famicom very cheap, he told me he wanted it for his brother, who was in the hospital and getting ready to die, and his last wish was to finally own a Super Famicom. His brother had scrounged up all the pocket change he had in his piggy bank to get one.

His last wish was to own a Super Famicom? So they were buying him a loose one from eBay despite the fact that they live in Japan? I'm sorry, I didn't buy it.
    , he actually expected you to buy that story.
    shame.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy
    Side note: I've actually been congratulated by another bidder for winning. Twice.
    I have too actually. I've never received a harassment email from another angry bidder, but I have twice received emails saying congrats on the win. Although they usually also say something about wanting to buy the item off of me as well, which definately isn't going to happen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I got about a dozen harassing e-mails from one winning bidder of mine who bought her kid a bunch of used GBA games for his birthday and were mad when they didn't arrive for his birthday. She wanted refunds and this and that and just wouldn't shut her pie hole about the whole thing. It only stopped when I Googled her name, found out she was a realitor in a large city, and started asking her about her job and linked to her website. That finally got her to pipe down. Sheesh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whatever you do don't comment back to those harrassment type emails. They can easily send your email to Ebay and complain about you. This is the nature of the game so sometimes you piss people off sniping or getting lucky. Just laugh it off and donot believe everything that someone says in an email since it's usually all BS.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I auctioned off a pair of rare shoes for a friend. They went for $150+ to some guy in Hong Kong. I send out the shoes, and about a week and a half later, the guy files a complaint with Paypal saying he never got them. A week later, Paypal decides in favor of the buyer. The guy didn't even wait two weeks to file the complaint. I know he has the shoes now. Bastard.

How the hell can I get back at this guy. Paypal is worthless, as is the customer service.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did he even contact you?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, and I told him that I had sent out the shoes. Then I got the complaint.

When I told him that he should wait a little longer to take action against me, he said, "thx a lot.but ya should know ,i need to protect my right!"

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had another bidder contact me about a year ago telling me that he hopes I die a terrible death for being a F'ing sniper.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stark
    Whatever you do don't comment back to those harrassment type emails. They can easily send your email to Ebay and complain about you.
    I was under the impression that eBay can only take action if the harassing email was sent through their email servers. In other words, if someone was to respond to an email sent to them eBay couldn't say anything about it because the mail wasn't being sent through eBay servers.