Thread: Nintendo brings back the Super Power Supplies Catalog?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Default Nintendo brings back the Super Power Supplies Catalog?

I've been hearing a few rumors that Nintendo Power is going to bring back the old Nintendo merch catalog (renaming it the "Power Source"). Has anyone else heard about this?

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Would be nice, Nintendo had some lovely goodies in the day
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

I hope they do i loved it.I bought a Nintendo Power chair from there one time.
    Dance Dance Toejam and Earl!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I write Nintendo every once in awhile about doing this...... maybe they heard me!! Yeah right, well I too hope they bring back the might Power Supplies! I almost looked more forward to getting this fabulous little supplement than the issue it came with! The collectables they offer sometimes are just TOO good!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NESVIDIOT
    The collectables they offer sometimes are just TOO good!
    Okay, I must know: Like what?

I never subscribed to NP back in the day... Is this the famed catalog in which people could find NWC merchandise or limited edition Donkey Kong Country competition carts?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes this was the place that Nintendo sold all it's really cool stuff, like the competition carts. They also sold everything from fullsized "1080 Snowboards" to "beanie" character figures, and much more. Does anyone here have the limited edition "Gold Gameboy Camera" that was only available through the Power Supplies?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by segarocks30
    I hope they do i loved it.I bought a Nintendo Power chair from there one time.
    Guess you don't still have it though?

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes this was the place that Nintendo sold all it's really cool stuff, like the competition carts. They also sold everything from fullsized "1080 Snowboards" to "beanie" character figures, and much more. Does anyone here have the limited edition "Gold Gameboy Camera" that was only available through the Power Supplies?

No Gold Gameboy Camera, but I do have a sweet Mario coat with I think was in a 1990 Nintendo Power Supplies Catalog.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

but I do have a sweet Mario coat with I think was in a 1990 Nintendo Power Supplies Catalog.
    You should throw a pic of it up with your room of doom pics Joe! I'd love to see it!

I have some cool scans of some NPS catalogs on my computer, but I can't add them to my room pics, maybe I'm at the limit for what I can post on there.....hmmm

How else can I load them from my computer to this board? You people might like to see some of this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

You should throw a pic of it up with your room of doom pics Joe! I'd love to see it!

myself, i remember buying the entire set of beanies, and since it was over $60 i was sent a zelda comic book thing. I was supposed to get mario bros also, but they were out . This was before the Toadstool beanie was available unfortunately...

I had a bunch of those power stamps i never did use... feel stupid for that

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

but I do have a sweet Mario coat with I think was in a 1990 Nintendo Power Supplies Catalog.

I have some cool scans of some NPS catalogs on my computer, but I can't add them to my room pics, maybe I'm at the limit for what I can post on there.....hmmm

How else can I load them from my computer to this board? You people might like to see some of this!
    Sure, I'll take a pic of it and put it up there for ya. By the way... my name isn't joe. I just put that there because I thought it was going to my email address and wouldn't matter (cause I don't like putting my real name on things). Little did I know it would be right there in the header of my picture folder. I would change it, but I don't know how.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK JOE!

Actually I know your name isn't Joe, I just couldn't remember what your real name is- I still have an email around because I know you still want my "Super Stars sign"
    Nice room pics too! Love all that Nintendo stuff you got! You don't have the old power supplies catalog that the jacket came from do you??

Which brings up a valid question, IMO, when did the Power Supplies catalogs begin, how many are there? I have 9 issues-Spring 98, Summer 98, Winter 98, Spring 99, Fall/Winter 99, Spring & Summer 00,Summer 00, Summer 01, Winter 01. That is when they stopped including it with the subscription to 'N Power magazine. But when did it start?

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK JOE!

Actually I know your name isn't Joe, I just couldn't remember what your real name is- I still have an email around because I know you still want my "Super Stars sign"
    Nice room pics too! Love all that Nintendo stuff you got! You don't have the old power supplies catalog that the jacket came from do you??

Which brings up a valid question, IMO, when did the Power Supplies catalogs begin, how many are there? I have 9 issues-Spring 98, Summer 98, Winter 98, Spring 99, Fall/Winter 99, Spring & Summer 00,Summer 00, Summer 01, Winter 01. That is when they stopped including it with the subscription to 'N Power magazine. But when did it start?
    Hell yeah I want that sign!!! It's the last big one I need (I think). No, I don't have the old catalog that it came from. I'm actually not positive it even was sold in the old Nintendo Catalog, but I think it was. I think that it must have been either sold in one of the old Catalogs, or given away to stores to promote Mario games.

Hey, I forgot that I posted pics of it a while ago on another site I used to go to. Here is the link to that post:

http://www.gamerzuniverse.net/forums...=2&t=262&st=25

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Racoon Mario Sign definitely does rule! That sign talks too if I'm not mistaken. All the more reason to gotta have it. YUM