Thread: Conker live and Reloaded

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Conker live and Reloaded

I just want to know peoples opions on this game?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

they tweaked bad fur day a bit ("armored" enemies see more annoying to kill unless you hit them with an upwards swing of your weapon... 1up tales don't reappear once you return to the area like the first one), as far as the live aspect, haven't had time to test it out. but all this was a serious face lift for the game and it's a good thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought this last week. Wow, impressive. The graphics I mean.

I only played the original up til I got stuck in an underwater part with that floating greened eye thing. In fact, the game is still on the cartridge stuck there. I guess it was because the N64 was so dark I couldn't see where to go or what to do.

But this time around, it is even better. The graphics are just a start. I love the beautiful look of such a naughty game. The acting is as cheesy as usual.

For a while, I got stuck on that damned hoverboard race. Damn did I die a LOT. But after about the thousandth time, I finally made it.

Then I got plopped down into a colosseum. So much fun actually. I LOVE the dinosaur. It is so lifelike. It moved exactly as an animal would. Great detail there. The battle was a bit raunchy, but hell, it was fun.

Now I am up to the Van Helsing parody. Already beat the vampire. So now I'm just stuck with the zombies part. Damn. I hope I'm not stuck here too long. I really want to enter the Vortex.

"What the BLEEP? Oh, it's that bloody squirrel! Quick, into character!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The two parts I'd love to see are 1) the Great and Mighty Poo, and 2) the cows who drink the prune juice. I've never laughed harder then during those scenes.

Wonder why there aren't anymore smart-ass games like this? Ones without <bleeps>, too. We can handle f'n swearing.
    Ghibli Blog - Studio Ghibli, animation, and the movies
    Daniel Thomas Vol 4 - Video games, music, and my musings

Video Game Fanzines Forever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The way the game was originally, much wasn't censored, but the stuff that was censored made it funnier. But this version has a lot more censoring. They totally fucked up Sloprano's song. It sounds horribly echo-y and is all censored. "Twat"? Why censor that? It's a vagina!

*cough*

Anyway. Sad.

Whatever, I am up to War now. I have to get past the damn tower with the tank. But it's impossible. So I'll be stuck here for a while now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The bleeped out bits are unnecessary. The original had the profanities, so why not this one? Anyone got to the Great Mighy Poo bit yet? How do they handle that song without a occasional "Shit" here and there? If it's bleeped, then that is way out of order.

Thing is, why didn't they just make the game an 18 like the original and just include it?

It's been nothing but a farce as far as this game is concerned in my opinion. First they delay it countless times, they then edit out all the swear words which made the original such a hit in the first place, then they have the nerve to release it with bodged packaging, and then they try to cover up their mistakes by bodging up how they attempt to cover up their mistake with the packaging.

Can it get any worse? I can see the cost of the original going up because of this. The Xbox version was supposed to be far superior from the N64 one, but it is now apparent that it is far from it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not bleeped. It's farted. Yeah, *PFHHHHHTTTT* sound. Like gas escaping from well, you know what I mean. It's not a BEEEP, but still it's not as good as a good old "shit!"

It IS superior. In that it's slightly simpler. (Following an FAQ will show exactly what they changed.) And the graphics are beautiful. It is by far one of the most beautiful games I've seen this generation (At the END of the generation of course.) Right up there with Pikmin which has the realism. It is a must buy. The bleeping is a trivial thing. I still wish they had kept what was unbleeped unbleeped. It shows exactly how anal the country has gotten since 2001. Motherbuzzers.

The original had bleeps in certain places. They made it funnier. Now every curse word that's not tame like Hell or Arse is censored. Not as funny now.

At least there's apparently an unlock for the swearing.

Edit: How did I spell "not" wrong twice??

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i never finished the original, so i didn't notice the changes.

graphics are absotively, posilutely GORGEOUS.

still feels like an N64 game with all the wandering around, but i don't mind that.

multiplayer was REALLY confusing at first - the learning curve is steep, and the HUD looks like an absolutely confusing mess until you've invested several hours in the game.

having said that, i have no qualms with the controls or character balance. yes, there are only 8 multiplayer maps, but they're very well done, and there's a seemingly infinite number of ways to play through them.

just expect to die. a lot.
    great people to do business with - D-Lite, max330mega, The Collector, Jimmy Yakapucci

neo-geo.com - vwlunatic, BIG BEAR, neogeofl, pixeljunkie, japangamesnow.com, OmegaSaber

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was going to get this on launch ,but I have been forcing myself to limit $50 game purchases to only games I am SURE I cant wait any longer to play.
    So I will be picking this up used in EB in less than 5 months.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room