Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lost in Blue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow - i wasn't a fan of the DS and i absolutly abhord the touch screen. i was wating for this handheld to hit the bargain bin before i picked it up. This game seems to be too impressive to leave alone - im fighting the "impulse buy" urge now
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

The touch screen really is'nt used that much in Lost in Blue. You move the charcter around with the pad and do most of the actions with the buttons. What the touch screen is used for is to examine trees so you can shake them (tap the tree when you are standing in front of it) and you can 'dig' with it. What that means when you are picking something up that is hidden (a clam, carrot, etc.) you use your finger or stylus to 'dig' away and expose all of the object then you can put it into your backpack.

Oh, and you blow into the microphone in order to get the fire going -- nice touch!

I found the bamboo rod in Day 3 but it says I'm missing something to make the spear -- I have twigs, stones, and tree bark as well. What else do I need? The girl did make a basket, though.

Have'nt found any other receipes that work well yet -- someone, anyone, post a combo that works well if you find one!

Here's one thing I found -- if you go all the way west, to the end of the beach, you can climb up on the clifs. There's a rare clam (shell) at the end for cooking.

You can also drink at the river bank just south of the cave to fill up on 100 percent water. Better yet, you can lead the girl here and both of you will drink. Then you can go back to the cave and eat. It's hard finding enough food to fill up your belly, though -- as the game suggests on day 4!

I just am missing the parts I need for the three tools I can make now, though -- the spear, the trap, and the sharpening tool. Gotta find the stuff out there somewhere, I guess.....

Oh, I'll experiment around with the mushrooms as well next time I play and report success.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It isn't the bamboo stick you need to make a spear.

<Spoiler>
    You need a regular ol' straight stick. Find these on the ground around trees. They look like twigs, but instead of a pile, look for just one, big stick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Once you get a spear you can catch fish, and trhey give you tons of food so you can go exploring. Also the touch screen is used to make furniture, as well as all of the minigames when you play as skye, the girl.

I have a fishing rod now, and fishing is alot easier than using the spear. Carpes mixed with rock salt, seaweed gives +40 to each.

I also explored all over the island, and also made a bow, but now I need arrows.

Believe me once you can fish exploring will becoome much easier. Heres a tip when you wanna go exporing for a long time:

Eat a large meal before you go to bed, so you wake up with 100% stanima. Cook up 2-3 good meals using fish, and drink water. Tell the girl you are going out for a few days, stock up on the mushroom that gives you a stanima boost, and head on out. You will have alot of time to explore now, but be sure not to bring the girl with you unless she is needed.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Robinson's Requiem did it first, so this isn't as innovative as many people claim. Though RR had many issues, and I'd love to see the idea done better.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I can't seem to find the damn bamboo sticks. It wa there one day, I died, came back the same day, not there! Grrr....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

its not there all the time. It took a few days for another one to reappear. Also so far that seems like the only place in the game to get one so far...

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Okay, where did YOU find the bamboo sticks at?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

afgter you cross the river, go all the way east and hug the sandfrom the beach. at the end there is a tiny platform to climb where you find the bamboo stick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, this game is great!

From the time I saw the teaser trailer, I knew I had to pick it up, and it just so happened to be released while I was on my vacation - which meant I was able to dump some lengthy play time into it right away.

I'm on day 18 or so right now, and I've finally been able to explore much more of the island. Once you peak over 10 days and the girl starts to do more herself, and you start to find more useful items, the game just opens way up.

It's sort of an Animal Crossing/Ico with a dash of Turok/Secret of Evermore and a few other parts from other games mixed in. I wasn't able to put it down, and if it weren't for catching up on everything for the past few days after getting home, I'd probably be a lot closer to finishing it than I am.

And if you want to find a ton of bamboo sticks, wait until the tide goes all the way out, and go to where PDorr is talking about - then if you walk all the way out in the water, you'll be able to wade around the rocks to the other side - I found more bamboo there than I could carry at the time, but be heavily prepared.. if the tide comes back up while you're over there, you have to wait until it goes back down before you can return. I almost died because I was trapped there for most of a day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am yet to actually shoot one of the animals with my bow and arrow. I have tried many times but with no success, anyone have any tips?

I need to shoot something to get fur for my level three bed.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by philosophyst
    I am yet to actually shoot one of the animals with my bow and arrow. I have tried many times but with no success, anyone have any tips?

Either trap a bird and use its feathers to make more accurate arrows, or make a big trap, trap a deer, and then kill it while it's helplessly stuck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To make the arrows, you have to use your tool for sharpening objects on the Stone item then combine it with a twig.

I just got this game today and it is a lot of fun. Tedious and frustrating at times but once you understand how things work... it makes the game much more satisfying.

I'm having a blast right now.

I tried making furniture once, but I had no idea how to do it... what do you do when those items on screen fall down?
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seriously, has anybody else played Robinson's Requiem? It was released for MSDOS, 3DO, and Jaguar CD roughly 11 years ago.
    http://www.abandonia.com/games/568/RobinsonsRequiem

It involves all of the same gameplay mechanisms, except for the fact that it is rediculously difficult. You have to combine items in order to make tools, etc. You can get sick, injured, etc... and you can even administer medical aid to yourself. It was hard finding and preparing food so that you didn't get ill. Then there were the elements. Sleeping outside during a storm could get your ill or eaten alive in the middle of the night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEye
    Quote Originally Posted by philosophyst

Either trap a bird and use its feathers to make more accurate arrows, or make a big trap, trap a deer, and then kill it while it's helplessly stuck.
    I just made a small trap today so have that figured out but how do you make a big trap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I read you cant kill large animals with just a stick and rock, you need more advanced arrows, but I dont know much more than that. I shot a deer once but it just ran away. Right now I am in the process of (POSSIBLE BULDING SPOILERS) building the raft, I just need to get some more rope. also thanks for clarifying about that bamboo spot, I had no idea you could go back there and get more.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Wow, this game was blasted by the gaming media as a whole, I'm glad to see it getting some praise. Maybe i'll still give it a shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Wow, this game was blasted by the gaming media as a whole, I'm glad to see it getting some praise. Maybe i'll still give it a shot.
    problem is the people who hate it most likely cant stand games like harvest moon. You really gotta love the concept of the game. The first time you saw the trailer, and said said "wow this game is what Iv been waiting for!" then you will most likely like it. If you like harvest moon you will like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finally got the fishing rod.... it's way easier than using the spear... whew.

Things are looking healthy for my characters...

How are you guys doing?
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I recently found a Clay Pot which helps the girl cook. I believe she uses it as a frying pan of sorts.

Still need to figure out how to make a large trap for the deer.