Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lost in Blue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For people who have this and Trace Memory can you recomend me one over the other. I know they're not exactly the same type of games but I can only really afford to get one right now. I've been reading both threads and I think I'd like both of them but for people who got both which one are you playing more?

Thanks

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

classicb, I have both and both are great games in my opinion, but Lost in Blue seems to have more length in gameplay and openness. Trace Memory has a much better storyline, and more stylus innovation if thats your thing. Lost in Blue can be frustrating at first, as I for the life of me cannot figure out how to make the girl eat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You have to eat together in the cave, you can start this by talking to her.

Or you can give her fruits and other foods that don't need to be cooked by talking to her as well... just say you have something to give her and she can eat this etc.

She won't eat on her own unless you have a certain part of the cave built.
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluteg
    classicb, I have both and both are great games in my opinion, but Lost in Blue seems to have more length in gameplay and openness. Trace Memory has a much better storyline, and more stylus innovation if thats your thing. Lost in Blue can be frustrating at first, as I for the life of me cannot figure out how to make the girl eat.
    thats basicaly exactly what I would say, not to mention TM can be beaten in about 5 hours if you care about game length.

Im on day 35ish (I havent had a chance to play much) and the game is alot easier for me now that I have all of these tools to help me out. Oh and skye now has the slate to cook on so she makes better food. Also I found a really good recepie that involved one of those clams at the beach (the white ones I think...fresh neck or something), and I believe I combined it with seaweed, and I got a massive boost in my water and food.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So apparently this entire game was just an elaborate setup to make me play Boxxle, because I've been pushing crates around for the last couple hours.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by classicb
    For people who have this and Trace Memory can you recomend me one over the other. I know they're not exactly the same type of games but I can only really afford to get one right now. I've been reading both threads and I think I'd like both of them but for people who got both which one are you playing more?

Thanks
    Let's make it simple.

If you like Shadowgate and Dajavu buy Trace Memory
    If you like Harvest moon and Animal Crossing buy Lost in Blue
    All my meseta if you can guess what CMTZ stands for.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cmtz
    Let's make it simple.

I wasn't impressed with either Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing, and I love Lost in Blue, so your mileage may vary.

I'll make it even simpler: if you want something that you're actually going to spend time playing, with lots of alternate endings and even a "second quest," get Lost in Blue. If you want a really cool, atmospheric adventure game that lasts 4-5 hours and gives you no reason to play it ever again, get Trace Memory.

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this game is great... so far, my wife is playing it and having a blast.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just discovered a fishing rod, built a second bed and am now thinking of a way to cross the lake. Anyone one here conquer the game.

No spoliers please.
    All my meseta if you can guess what CMTZ stands for.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't had much of a look at this game, but the whole hunter gatherer concept is giving me some bizarre Artdinkish flashbacks.

This is better/different though, just an offhand comment.

Let's make it simple.

I liked all of the above. So go with both then?

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Just started playing this one last night - it's very cool. I liked Animal Crossing OK, but this is even better - there's a much greater sense of purpose and / or urgency to your actions. Animal Crossing just sort of felt like you were putzing around - you never really had a chance of "losing" the game like you do in LiB.

Am only in a few days so far, but just got stuck on the beach to the far right - stupid tides. I'll go back and make sure I get everything quickly next time before the tide comes back in.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Okay, I finished the crate-sliding part, now I'm on the stealth part.

Wasn't this a survival game at one point?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SPOILERS BELOW!

Whoa! Crate sliding?! STEALTH!?!?! are you serious? I'm on day 30, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to build furniture. I think I trace the shapes as they fall. . . Do I have to trace each one sucessfully, or will something like 80% sucess get 'er done?

Also, yeah, I think you have to upgrade your arrows to shoot big animals. I only have twig + rock arrows, and yesterday I shot a goat, and it just ran away laughing. My question is, what is actually smaller, that you can shoot? I haven't seen anything.

Also, does anyone have a good way to consistently find stuff to shoot with the bow?

I'm loving this game though. *heads off to build raft*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just bought this game today, about to give it a go. I love the packaging (UK version). Nice desert island picture on the inside of the case.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Darn you Julio III, I thought you had answered my question! Actually, enjoy, it is a really fun game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry about that suckerpunch
    Anyway, been playing this solid for the past few hours - up to day 10 now. Its amazing, i love it already. Reading through this topic I came across a post by me stating how much I was waiting for this game - well now I've finally got it and despite a rough first 10mins is just as good as I'd hoped. Just explored to the other side of the waterfall - wow!, there's a whole new world out there - I can't wait to make some long trips, just need to get the house in order first, which I didn't know you could do until I went home after my jungle discovery to find Skye wanting to build me rope and me suggesting to build a bed (looks like things are getting cosy in the lost in blue game, ahem). Anyway, just taking a break and I'll be back in the game for a couple of hours till I sleep.

Bit confused of the whole cooking thing. Is there any other way to deposit my gathered and fished food to Skye other than saying "lets eat" and then giving her everything whereby she makes random food out of the stuff I gave her and whats in the store?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no, that's the only way to get her to cook food. At least, as far as I know. I suck at furniture making. I'd like to make a bed, you know, kick the romance up a notch, and other stuff, but geez, it's kinda hard.

*off to find three stones*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: SPOILERS BELOW!

Quote Originally Posted by suckerpunch5
    Whoa! Crate sliding?! STEALTH!?!?! are you serious? I'm on day 30, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to build furniture. I think I trace the shapes as they fall. . . Do I have to trace each one sucessfully, or will something like 80% sucess get 'er done?

Also, yeah, I think you have to upgrade your arrows to shoot big animals. I only have twig + rock arrows, and yesterday I shot a goat, and it just ran away laughing. My question is, what is actually smaller, that you can shoot? I haven't seen anything.

Also, does anyone have a good way to consistently find stuff to shoot with the bow?

I'm loving this game though. *heads off to build raft*
    ok, been playing this for a while now so suckerpunch, i'll try to answer your questions to make up for the dissapointment last time.

When buiding furniture/raft, you don't need to get all of the shapes correct but just a fair amount. The boxes come in from the left hand side and actually show you the shape you have to draw, this is very useful as to succesfully build stuff you need to know whats coming in advance as you have to draw very quickly. You have to draw the shape (there's also a blow into the microphone one) in the time it takes the box to fall from the top to the bottom and you can only start drawing as it starts to fall and it shows you in that big box to the right. I think you can draw the shape anywhere, not just in the box.

I also have trouble finding animals to hunt and sometimes hit those elk/deer and they just run away. I think maybe at different times of day different animals are out. Last hunt I saw a few chickens and succesfully shot one. This gives you chicken meat as well as feathers which you can use when making arrows to make better arrows.

At the back of your cave there is a shelf which you can store items. You can store food here which she will also cook with if you are going on a long time (and tell her you are going away for a few days). If you talk to her every day eventually she says you should upgrade hte shelf and then you have an option to build a bigger shelf and have more storage (I'm currently doing this and also 1/3 of the way through making a raft - I need many logs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lost in Blue blows. I can't believe people are even beginning to compare it to the greatness of Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing. One of the worst purchases I've made in recent years.
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

really. how far did you play it?