Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix
    They did a really good job of remaking I&II though, and III is due out for the DS soon so I hear. I hope they do get around to remaking IV, V, and VI as well at some point.
    Final Fantasy III for DS has been unofficially indefinitely suspended. There's been absolutely no word on it for quite some time and it's questionable if the game is even still planned for release in Japan, let alone anywhere.

EDIT: Pulled this from the GameSpot boards, a chat convo with a US SquareEnix support rep:

>Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    >You are now chatting with 'Gary'

>Gary: Thank you for contacting Square Enix Chat Support, this is Gary, how can I assist you?

>Phil: Hello... I was just wondering if you had any information regarding Final Fantasy III for the Nintendo DS? I've been anticipating this game for a long time because it is the last in the series that was never released in the US.

>Gary: There has been no information released yet about it

>Phil: Many people were wondering if it was still in development. It's safe to say it is unless it's announced otherwise?

>Gary: Correct

So, it may still happen, but "soon" is definitely not when it'll happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

FF7 is one of my favorite Final Fantasy games, but this is still a stupid idea.
    Rarest games in collection: (R8) Chavez II for SNES / (R7) Star Gunner (Telesys) for Atari 2600
    Game Collection -- Game Commercials -- Favorite Game: Secret of Mana
    Wii code: 2572 7867 9177 9866 Smash: 0259-0110-4026

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never finished final Fantasy 7 so this will be a good fresh foot to get into it again.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmm...if this does happen it'll be pretty cool to check out, but personally the ultimate FF remake for me would be II. Best one of them all if you ask me ;D.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

In my "Best FF Thats not 6 or 7" thread, IIIj got a few nods, and I'm definitely interested in checking it out now.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like it when they rerelease the game on a new system. As long as they add new things to bring new breath to it instead of just throwing the exact copy on the new format.

^^Sig by felix. PM me if you want a custom sig.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with hesus, looking forward to playing IIIj

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

FVII "fanboy" alert:

I don't know about this. Hell yeah I'd liek to see a remake of FFVII but only on my terms. I'd hate to end up with another Nancy boy main character. What if Sephorith isn't bad ass enough or "Alura" (as I named her...think Pink Dress") wasn't what I wanted her to be...the whole game is ruined and suddenly the original FFVII is sub-par instead of groundbreaking.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMoniker
    FVII "fanboy" alert:

I don't know about this. Hell yeah I'd liek to see a remake of FFVII but only on my terms. I'd hate to end up with another Nancy boy main character. What if Sephorith isn't bad ass enough or "Alura" (as I named her...think Pink Dress") wasn't what I wanted her to be...the whole game is ruined and suddenly the original FFVII is sub-par instead of groundbreaking.

I agree with the whole Sephorith thing not being badass enough.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EricRyan34

Pretty sure they'd make sure to make him bad as ever. If it's a problem then hey I'll put the controller down and switch disks.

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Quote Originally Posted by Teo

Pretty sure they'd make sure to make him bad as ever. If it's a problem then hey I'll put the controller down and switch disks.
    I dont think it would be that easy for me. I think Id end up comparing the two so much that I turned out playing BoF III instead.
    I think the one way to send the new FFVII down the shitter for me would be to turn Cloud into another Tidus (the main character from FFX), just some weak ass kid lost in the woods. The way I see it, if they'd use Tidus as the protagonist in any FF then they're capable of doing anything so I wont put it past them to ruin a good thing. On the other hand this sure could pay off!! I say go ahead and give it a shot, "Square". Theyre putting a lot at stake for me though.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMoniker
    Quote Originally Posted by Teo

I dont think it would be that easy for me. I think Id end up comparing the two so much that I turned out playing BoF III instead.
    I think the one way to send the new FFVII down the shitter for me would be to turn Cloud into another Tidus (the main character from FFX), just some weak ass kid lost in the woods. The way I see it, if they'd use Tidus as the protagonist in any FF then they're capable of doing anything so I wont put it past them to ruin a good thing. On the other hand this sure could pay off!! I say go ahead and give it a shot, "Square". Theyre putting a lot at stake for me though.
    So is this going to be a story rewrite/tweak as well as a graphics change? Sort of sounds like it from talk. Thoguht it was ONLY a graphics update to NG standards when writing that. I haven't read the articles since I don't want it spoiled myself.

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Game Informer has quite the opposite and odd twist on this, saying that FFVII is definitly NOT being redone for the PS3, however that S-E might possibly be remaking another FF... FFVI for the PS3 in the future. Now THAT would be incredible. I'm not holding my breath for either however.

-AG
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The amount of time that I put into FF7 the first time is something that I could NEVER do again. I must have maxed out the timer 10-fold playing all the minigames, breeding all of the chocobo, collecting every item and maxing out every single materia. The only think that I was unable to do was defeat Ruby Weapon.

As much as I love FF7, I really think that it was a 'that time, that place' sort of game. Playing it now, it might just seem like another RPG - we've seen SOOO many new and great RPGs since then. Remember, when FF7 came out in the US, there was a whole lot less RPG games available than there is now.

But then again, it would be neat.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also put an ungodly amount of time into FFVII, probably more than into any other game aside from Pokemon Silver (which was something approaching 500 hours).

I beat both Weapons, I had Knights of the Round doing 9999/hit, etc...

And you know what? If a perfect, pretty remake came out in '06 on the PS3, story intact, just *WAY* better looking, would I do it all over again?

Yes. I'd put another 150 hrs into that game, all over again. Not only that, but I'd go out and blow $4000 on a 1080p TV just so that I knew that my FF7 experience was being relived in the absolute highest visual fidelity.

If the purchases required for me to re-play FF7 on the PS3 financially forbade me from buying any other games for two years, it'd be worth it to me.

So....yes, I'm *mildly* excited, lol.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WanganRunner
    I also put an ungodly amount of time into FFVII, probably more than into any other game aside from Pokemon Silver (which was something approaching 500 hours).

I beat both Weapons, I had Knights of the Round doing 9999/hit, etc...

And you know what? If a perfect, pretty remake came out in '06 on the PS3, story intact, just *WAY* better looking, would I do it all over again?

Yes. I'd put another 150 hrs into that game, all over again. Not only that, but I'd go out and blow $4000 on a 1080p TV just so that I knew that my FF7 experience was being relived in the absolute highest visual fidelity.

If the purchases required for me to re-play FF7 on the PS3 financially forbade me from buying any other games for two years, it'd be worth it to me.

So....yes, I'm *mildly* excited, lol.
    *Tear*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by Jive3D
    The amount of time that I put into FF7 the first time is something that I could NEVER do again. I must have maxed out the timer 10-fold playing all the minigames, breeding all of the chocobo, collecting every item and maxing out every single materia. The only think that I was unable to do was defeat Ruby Weapon.

As much as I love FF7, I really think that it was a 'that time, that place' sort of game. Playing it now, it might just seem like another RPG - we've seen SOOO many new and great RPGs since then. Remember, when FF7 came out in the US, there was a whole lot less RPG games available than there is now.

But then again, it would be neat.
    I completely agree. I recently brought FFVII back up to school so I could go through it again before Advent Children comes out, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm afraid that it will not have aged well, and while the story itself will hold up, the "silent hero" shit certainly does not. I just played through Suikoden IV and the hero had no soul. He spoke whatever you told him to speak, and to see him just shake his head instead of speak while the other 130 characters in the game all had voices was stupid.

It may not be so bad with FFVII, as there was no speech, but Cloud will still likely come off as a soulless douchebag. It was the norm then, now it's not.

Although, it did suck 90 hours or so from me the first time through, and with a proper remake I would probably go through and do it all again... but I REALLY want to brush up on the story without dumping another 60 hours into the original. Anyone have a good place to get most of the ingame movies and cutscenes so I can catch up before AC?