Thread: Digital Press Returns From The Grave...

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Digital Press Returns From The Grave...

I'm talking about the paper publication version of Digital Press. Many thought they meant it in the previous issue when they said that was the final issue. I knew it was all a joke...really, I did...honest! At any rate, issue #63 found its way into my mailbox and my sweaty little hands today. The topic this issue is "Skies" and it's filled with the usual reviews and articles...among the more interesting reviews for me personally are Barnstorming for the Atari 2600 and Propellere Arena, a Dreamcast game that was never released. There's even a new installment of The Adventures of Mr. DO!

I also happened to get the new Tips & Tricks today so I immediately went to Joe's "Collector's Closet" column...he shows off a nice assortment of video game pins in this issue. I collect enough stuff already, though...

Still, I might buy one of those cool-looking Fantastic Four controllers from Mad Catz seen in an ad on the inside back cover.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

Joe is no longer the collectors closet guy .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Really? I didn't know that. Looking again, I see no byline on there now. I guess this means when my subscription is up, I'll have no qualms about letting it expire...

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Punk
    My main motivation for reading it is gone?
    Support Medical Marijuana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im gonna haveto subscribe to the paper publications soon, are they monthly, quaterly?

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It comes out on a fairly bi-monthly basis...one issue every two months.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

Quote Originally Posted by Emily
    Quote Originally Posted by Daft Punk
    My main motivation for reading it is gone?
    It's still there but joe no longer writes the stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Re: Digital Press Returns From The Grave...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogmeister
    I'm talking about the paper publication version of Digital Press. Many thought they meant it in the previous issue when they said that was the final issue. I knew it was all a joke...really, I did...honest! At any rate, issue #63 found its way into my mailbox and my sweaty little hands today. The topic this issue is "Skies" and it's filled with the usual reviews and articles...among the more interesting reviews for me personally are Barnstorming for the Atari 2600 and Propellere Arena, a Dreamcast game that was never released. There's even a new installment of The Adventures of Mr. DO!

I also happened to get the new Tips & Tricks today so I immediately went to Joe's "Collector's Closet" column...he shows off a nice assortment of video game pins in this issue. I collect enough stuff already, though...

Still, I might buy one of those cool-looking Fantastic Four controllers from Mad Catz seen in an ad on the inside back cover.
    I'm glad you liked the Propeller Arena review Rog. To be honest, one of my main motivations for joining the staff of the magazine was for the free subscription. I LOVE reading these when they arrive, and when I'm done with them I take them to work and leave them lying around for other people to read and enjoy!

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And what other VG publication is actually gonna bring you an in-depth (and hilarious!) look at 3DO classics like "Shelley Duvall's It's a Bird's Life" ?

Exactly.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

are you talking about that photo copied paper that gets sent around?

i used to get a publication that was a bunch of photo copied pages stapled together - after buying the red guide - after geting the blue guide the mailling stoped

sometimes i see posts about some recet issue of something from DP and i never thought it was the same thing - especialy not seeing what the post was about in the pages that i recived

just wondering if that thing that i used to get was the dp mag - or is there something else

and im not making fun with the photo copied pages comment - just using that as something to identify the publication i used to get - thinking mabey if there is a diferent publication that it may not be a bunch of photo copied pages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quick comment about the newletter (which I'm a subscriber to) Is it possible to set up a system here at DP so I'll get an email when my subscription has expired? I miss a few issues here and there because my subscription expires and I don't think about it until it's been a while and I've usually already missed an issue or two by then.

It's definately worth the few bucks that it costs for anyone here who isn't a subscriber yet.