Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft and Nintendo VS. Sony?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Microsoft and Nintendo VS. Sony?

Do you think that Microsoft and Nintendo could in the future work together [edit-some ppl take a joke waaay to seriously]

With RARE still developing and publishing games for Nintendos DS what are the possibilities of an even more cohesive Union between M$ and the big N?

Sure this MIGHT only be becuase Microsoft has no interest in the handheld market but could it lead to something more? If for instance the Revolution loses to much ground after a late release etc?

Dont get me wrong this isnt another DEATH OF thread Im just curious as to what other gamers here at the DP boards think could happen or even will happen (hypothetically of course) between these two companies?

I think that there is a great possibility of some sort of partnership/alliance between Nintendo and Microsoft if Sonys dominance continues into the next generation with PS3.

A few examples of the possibilities:

Since Nintendo is finally diving into the online market with the Revolution what if Microsoft lends it support in some way or another for the online aspects of the REV?

Another: DS to Xbox360 connectivity? Hey why not? I mean RARE is making games for the DS and could easily program a game to work with the 360 for something as simple as downloadable extras etc.

After 2 complete generations dominated by Sony I just have this feeling that SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE somewhere in the industry in this upcoming generation something has to change with the current 3 console manufacturers and I believe that something WILL something SIGNIFICANT something MAJOR the question is what?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I doubt that's going to happen.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Default Re: Microsoft and Nintendo VS. Sony?

Quote Originally Posted by sabre2922
    Dont get me wrong this isnt another DEATH OF thread Im just curious as to what other gamers here at the DP boards think could happen or even will happen (hypothetically of course) between these two companies?
    My answer is no, I don't think <Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo/Other> will join forces with <Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo/Other> in order to defeat the evil <Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo/Other> anytime soon.
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I think it could happen.

Also, There was a rumor that Nintendo was producing the graphics chip for use in the Xbox 360. (Or was it the Ram chip?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think Microsoft and Sony getting together to defeat Nintendo would be just as likely as what you said. Not likely.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I stopped reading after the words, EVIL EMPIRE.

I dunno wat the prob is with nintendo fanboys.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MS and SONY to beat Nintendo ? Nintendo is the last one already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shvnsth
    PSN
    shvnsth
    Steam
    shvnsth

nintendo is the shit, but i really like sony. they have good studios with good games, its just that their hardware has been behind the last 2 gens. however, sony is not an evil empire. if anything, microsoft is the one making moves to put the other two out of business, and talking a lot of shit to be the big kid on the block. however, microsoft and nintendo will not be joining forces anytime soon, and i doubt it will ever happen.
    Formerly known as "umich."

collection/buy/sell: https://tinyurl.com/shvnsth

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by PS2Hawk
    I stopped reading after the words, EVIL EMPIRE.

I dunno wat the prob is with nintendo fanboys.
    Heh.

The problem is, apparently it's not ok to just play the games you like and let others do the same. For some reason, it's more importaint to some people that their company "wins" than it is to actually enjoy the games they put out. I will never understand this mentality for the life of me, but whatever gets people through the day.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you think Atari and Coleco or Mattel will ever pair up to take on that new nintendo system that's been selling lately? I bet they could really kick nintendo's ass if they worked together.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sylentwulf
    Do you think Atari and Coleco or Mattel will ever pair up to take on that new nintendo system that's been selling lately? I bet they could really kick nintendo's ass if they worked together.
    are you talking about this weird japanese system they are selling in NY?? i heard it's graphics are way better than what we have. i'm soooo dying to see this in action
    -Jan

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Microsoft tried to buy Nintendo and it didnt happend. So I doubt anyone will join "forces".

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Microsoft tried to buy Nintendo and it didnt happend. So I doubt anyone will join "forces".
    No they didn't, that was a completely fake article. As prideful as the Japanese are, the CEO of a company would likely never tell another company to "Suck my tiny yellow balls."

As for the merger being used to dominate sony... meh. I doubt it would ever happen, and if it did it would be a complete work of frustration for East and West to meet the same ideals to be able to agree on one system globally.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    No they didn't, that was a completely fake article. As prideful as the Japanese are, the CEO of a company would likely never tell another company to "Suck my tiny yellow balls."

As for the merger being used to dominate sony... meh. I doubt it would ever happen, and if it did it would be a complete work of frustration for East and West to meet the same ideals to be able to agree on one system globally.
    Doubt it was a fake article. Seen it tons of places. But if it was buying was serious or just an idea I dont know. Anyway, it doesnt matter because it didnt happend

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was a fake article. if NOTHING ELSE AT ALL, it's the chinese who are referred to as being yellow, not japanese. So if the CEO was chinese, then maybe I'd give it some credit.

That's like a mexican saying suck my big black balls. He's not black.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Doubt it was a fake article. Seen it tons of places. But if it was buying was serious or just an idea I dont know. Anyway, it doesnt matter because it didnt happend
    Wow.

Following that logic, someone in Nigeria must really be waiting to deposit a bunch of money in my bank account because I've seen that email a bunch of places.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wrong

Wow.

Following that logic, someone in Nigeria must really be waiting to deposit a bunch of money in my bank account because I've seen that email a bunch of places.
    What e-mail? And why would someone in Nigeria deposit money to you bank account for seeing a e-mail? Do you know someone from Nigeria that want to give you money? Cool
    But let me try to explain it to you, dunno if you understand tho. Might be too complicated for your brain. If so, let me know or ask someone else for further assistance, thanks.
    I just find it strange that so many sites would write about it if it was completely fake. Even big ones like CNN. Even if the buying wasnt very serious I think the idea might have been brought up. This is what I think, I didnt say it was like it.
    Please prove me wrong, that the article was fake. I havnt read that atleast.
    Now that wasnt so hard to understand was it? Or maybe it was for you..? If so, let me know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh man this is some good reading. I love these topics there is always a good laugh to be had. I love how the logic is just thrown out the window.

You know someone in Nigeria? cool Smile
    But let me try to explain it to you, dunno if you understand tho. Might be too complicated for your brain. If so, let me know or ask someone else for further assistance, thanks.
    I just find it strange that so many sites would write about it if it was completely fake. Even big ones like CNN. I Even if the buying wasnt very serious I think there was something too it. This is what I think, I didnt say it was like it.
    Please prove me wrong, that the article was fake. I havnt read that atleast.
    Now that wasnt so hard to understand was it? Smile Or maybe it was for you..?
    Oh Man I cannot wait for Capt. to respond to this.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Almost scared me there for a minute. Nintendo joining the legions of hell? I don't really know about that. I support Nintendo 100% ever since they started, but a decision like that would cause me to scratch my head, and the word "disown" may be said several times.

But as unpredictable as the game world has gotten nowadays, I really wouldn't be surprised.....
    "People compare this to the great chariot race scene in Ben-Hur. Yeah, they are like 'Ben-Hur was a great movie. This movie totally sucks.'"-Mystery Science Theater 3000/Episode:Space Mutiny

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wrong

Wow.

Dude, the article is real. I also got an email from Microsoft that says every time you forward it to someone then Microsoft will give you a ton of money. Ill forward it to you if you want to see it for yourself, it's in my inbox right now, dude. Dont try to tell me whats real and what isnt...my mom is the one that sent it to me and she doesnt even know enough about the internet to fake something like that.
    Now back to Nintendo. I would let Nintendo do me in my butt if they asked. Really, if I saw a Pokemon running around my house I'd catch it and make little Nintnedo lovin' PokeBabies, then I'd call them Nintenkemon. Then Id make babies with the little Nintenkemon...and more babies made out of the babies I made from the Nintenkemon babies. You dont want none of this , man. Ill love Nintendo so hard it'll make your head spin.
    Wow...that’s all too believable.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut