Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Default An opinion needed...

maybe OT, but it deals with eBay.

I won an auction on the 4th for a piece of stereo gear. The seller has good feedback and all that. However, I've tried getting in touch with him 3 times now to get the total and have gotten no responce. I'm kind of cheesed about it because I could have bought this same thing from someone else and probably had it on the way by now (this isn't a rare item) and the no responce at all thing doesn't seem to be consistent with this seller's feedback.

So, what should I do? Ignore it? Give bad feedback? Give it some more time?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i would try to get ahold of him. You can request his contact information from ebay.Call him and find out what the deal is. If you leave negative feedback he will more than likely do the same to you. This has happened to me...and I did nothing wrong. Hope this helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'd say give him more time, there are a lot of reason why something like this happens, perhaps his pc is broken and he hadn't the time to repair it yet or something like that, you can't even imagine how much possible reasons there are

look if he is selling other things right now, IF he has added new items since you mailed him, then something is wrong, mail him and tell him you will give him bad feedback if he doesn't answer, and if he doesn't, then do it

if he is not selling or buying other things at the moment, then just wait, and if he doesn't react in the next 14 days, give him neutral feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Try emailing him from another address. His emails might be bouncing off your box for whatever reason or vice versa. It's happened before that as soon as I emailed someone from another of my email accounts, they respond. I don't always get a mailer daemon when stuff bounces.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

It looks like he's had a couple of auctions close after mine and won a few auctions after mine because he has fresh feed back. I've tried e-mailing him from 2 different addresses.

It's weird because the guy has 425 positives 3 neutrals (which weren't bad really) and 2 negatives (one of which the buyer retracted in a comment) so I don't know what the deal is. He's got a aol address which I've never had bounce on my before.

*shrugs*

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Try using the contact info if you still haven't heard back yet. The phone almost never fails to work.

Just in case the phone number listed doesn't work, not valid (ie 555-1234), or gets something other than a live person, that could be a violation of eBay regs and a warning letter from eBay to the person may wake him.

If all else fails, there's always a neutural feedback as he only wasted your time. (neg fb may be an overkill since no money was sent)
    Another day, another dollar... wake me when it's payday.
    still playing games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Guy finally emailed me today. I went ahead with the transaction b/c I still want it and his feedback (which is good) leads me to believe this was an exception. Still, I'm wondering now if I'm actually going to receive the gear and what kind of shape it's going to be in when I get it.

I'd feel better if he gave me some sort of reason for why it took so long, but he didn't. Ahh well...

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember I bought an action figure online, and it turns out that the guy had a heart attack before his auction ended. Finally got the parcel 6 weeks later in great shape and left him positve feedback!

And I hope you get yours in great shape!
    Good traders 1st post on 2nd page

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you mention the number of times you emailed, but what was the time frame between end of auction and when you actually recieved a response from him?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by punkoffgirl
    you mention the number of times you emailed, but what was the time frame between end of auction and when you actually recieved a response from him?
    12 days. Which, I know, in the scheme of things isn't much, but this is the first time I've won an auction and not had the seller contact me in three days, as per eBay's rules.

I know I can be impatient and I like to wrap up transactions as soon as possible, but 12 days seems a bit long to have to wait for the guy to email me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, I totally agree with you, twelve days, almost TWO WEEKS, is beyond excessive to be waiting. Guess the guy isn't in too big of a hurry to make money, eh? It's really not fair that sellers can get away with that.. If it was a bidder waiting that long, you can be sure the seller would have filed a non-paying bidder notice. Sheesh.