Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here have a complete US DS or PSP collection?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Does anyone here have a complete US DS or PSP collection?

9/8/05 edit: Well There are now 39 US DS games available. This includes every game from the 6 launch titles back in nov 04, till the most recently released title Yugioh: nightmare troubadour. Within that release range it also includes all 3 nintendogs and space invaders revolution (a ds game most people didnt realize was released already)

I do not have a complete DS OR psp collection as I lack about 7 titles from the psp still (i have 24/31 titles) and I lack pokemon dash, madden 05, madden 06 from the ds putting me at 36/39 titles.

So to put it simply

31 US psp games total as of 9/8/05
    39 US DS games total as of 9/8/05

Do you have a complete set for either?

Original post:
    In regards to the PSP US collection, complete means that you have all 29 PSP UMD games released in the US. There are currently only 28 games but coded arms comes out tomorrow so if you are getting that this week just mark yourself as having it. Oh... and roms DO NOT ... DO NOT count.

In regards to the DS US collection, complete means that you own all 30 US released DS games. Metroid prime hunters demo and pictochat do not count as games. However Pingpals does count as a game even though it doesnt really seem like one.

Anyway I'll post in regards to what I have later possibly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

im sure at least one person does have a complete collection....but for me, buying all those games right now (most you would have to get at full price, there havent been too many price cuts yet) would just be way to expensive, especially when down the road it will be easy to pick some of them up for $5
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Default Re: Does anyone here have a complete US DS or PSP collection

Quote Originally Posted by xmagxus
    In regards to the PSP US collection, complete means that you have all 29 PSP UMD games released in the US. There are currently only 28 games but coded arms comes out tomorrow so if you are getting that this week just mark yourself as having it. Oh... and roms DO NOT ... DO NOT count.

In regards to the DS US collection, complete means that you own all 30 US released DS games. Metroid prime hunters demo and pictochat do not count as games. However Pingpals does count as a game even though it doesnt really seem like one.

Anyway I'll post in regards to what I have later possibly
    Oh, ROMs dont count.
    I'd assume that...
    Man, if you want a complete PSP collection then youd have to get all the movies too...now considering every major production studio has a deal to release UMD movies (except Warner Bros. I think) then youd better get a second job!!
    I think were gonna see a wave of movies like fanbois flocking to FFVII!!

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well that's why I clarified with 'umd games' As for the no roms comment... I figured I should add it, you'd be surprised things people would say at gamefaqs (maybe you wouldn't be so surprised) if you don't include an (obvious) rule like that.

My collection: Users.ign.com/jcnet1
    (old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Quote Originally Posted by xmagxus
    Well that's why I clarified with 'umd games' As for the no roms comment... I figured I should add it, you'd be surprised things people would say at gamefaqs (maybe you wouldn't be so surprised) if you don't include an (obvious) rule like that.
    Ha! I was actually going to say "This isn't GameFAQs."
    So anyway, there isn't a very good chance I'll ever try to complete my PSP collection and there is ABSOLUTELY no chance I'll ever desire to complete my DS collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had thought about collecting all the DS games a few months ago. But decided against it for now at least. Sure, it'd be extremely easy to collect them all right now, but it'd be expensive. And in the long run, once games start picking up production, it'd just get overwhelming.

Still, it is a dream. I pick up a good game when I can, and if I see a cheap one down the road, I'll pick it up too. But for now, I'll just get what I want.

As for PSP. Not at $40-$50 I ain't.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    damionitc

I aspire to have a complete PSP collection. As it stands right now I have 9 UMD games (I have 2 movies) I will be getting Coded arms so it will be ten. But honestly I only feel 5 were worth the price I paid for them. So like most of you I'll be waiting to find them on the cheap.

50 bucks for a sports game (MLB) on a portable. no matter how good it is. just isn't worth it IMO.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a complete DS collection for a while, but when I had no job I couldn't buy games. Now I am like 9 games short or something. In order to have a complete DS collection though I think the Metroid Prime demo and Zelda trailer should count. Mark my words though, before the summer is done I will have a complete DS collection.

Also, UMD movies shouldn't count for a PSP collection. You can watch DVD's on a PS2 that doesn't mean you need every DVD to have a complete collection. Who knows... maybe UMD players will come out soon.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

I have 10 DS games and I would like to have more. I have a problem with spending more then 30 bucks for a portable game. The PSP games are TOO expensive for me to care. I have 1 game and 1 movie for that system and unless there is a killer app for it thats all I'll have because I'm not spending 50 bucks on a portable game and 30 bucks on a movie.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    damionitc

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAllStar2600
    Also, UMD movies shouldn't count for a PSP collection. You can watch DVD's on a PS2 that doesn't mean you need every DVD to have a complete collection. Who knows... maybe UMD players will come out soon.
    I still have 9 games (plus the 2 movies would make 11 UMDS)

But seriously, I think we (in a much older thread) had a discussion awhile back and someone mentioned that a UMD player wouldn't really work since it was intended for the PSP screen and wouldn't look right on a standerd TV let alone an HDTV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by Damion

But seriously, I think we (in a much older thread) had a discussion awhile back and someone mentioned that a UMD player wouldn't really work since it was intended for the PSP screen and wouldn't look right on a standerd TV let alone an HDTV.
    i dont remember this older thread, but wouldnt it be completely possible for a stand alone umd player to be made that would do some sort of conversion of the media so that it would look alright on a regular television?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    damionitc

Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    Quote Originally Posted by Damion

i dont remember this older thread, but wouldnt it be completely possible for a stand alone umd player to be made that would do some sort of conversion of the media so that it would look alright on a regular television?
    It wasn't a thread about UMDs being played on a TV. It was more of a random conversation in a PSP related thread.

and honestly I'm not sure how the upconversion would go. PSP screen Res is 480x272 so all UMD movies are more then likly set at that res. while a standerd tv is 640x400 (I'm kinda estimating it could be less) while HDTV's can go much higher. I can see an upconverter UMD player working well for a standerd TV set but for anything higher I'm not sure it would come out so well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    I had thought about collecting all the DS games a few months ago. But decided against it for now at least. Sure, it'd be extremely easy to collect them all right now, but it'd be expensive. And in the long run, once games start picking up production, it'd just get overwhelming.

Still, it is a dream. I pick up a good game when I can, and if I see a cheap one down the road, I'll pick it up too. But for now, I'll just get what I want.

Umm...yeah. Unlike the DS, the PSP games will never go down in price so lets just...yeah...sounds good, Peter.
    *cough.troll.cough*
    I'm just givin' you a hard time, Peter. I think it's funny that you've written a paragraph to explain why the DS is too expencive but you sum the PSP up nice and short-like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

too many crap games for me to want a complete collection. I have 9 DS games and 4 psp games, I buy only what I want to play.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A few months ago, I sort of wanted to start collecting the DS games (and not opening them). But I figure, its like 40 bucks a game, and if there are 20 or so games (this was a few months ago) that'd be like 800 bucks. And I would much rather spend 800 bucks towards completing my NES collection than the DS. I own a DS, but as far as completing the library goes... not yet.

Insert Coin (Level 0) MuppetMaster's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So far I have 17US games and 4JPN games for my PSP and 1UMD movie. Yeah I have a sickness but the games looks great in my collection.
    Gotta have it all!!!

My Game Collection:

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm really surprised no one on these forums has turned up yet as having a complete collection for either system (especially ds)

In regards to myself I will never have a complete collection for either because I dislike most sports games, however, I am very close to 'complete' status.

For DS I have 27 out of the 30 available US DS games. I'm speaking stricly on games alone not promotional items or demos, etc (though I have some of those too). Basically the only games I lack are madden 05, tiger woods golf, and pokemon dash (so i'm pretty much not missing anything)

For PSP I have 22 out of the 29 available US PSP games. That is strictly in regards to the games and not the movies (though I have some movies as well) There are a few more games on psp that I have no interest in at all than there are on DS. The 7 games I lack are world tour soccer, FIFA soccer, NBA, gretzky hockey, tiger woods golf, MVP baseball, and NFL street 2 unleashed (nfl street 2 is the only one of those that I have any interest in)

My collection: Users.ign.com/jcnet1
    (old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMoniker
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco

Umm...yeah. Unlike the DS, the PSP games will never go down in price so lets just...yeah...sounds good, Peter.
    *cough.troll.cough*
    I'm just givin' you a hard time, Peter. I think it's funny that you've written a paragraph to explain why the DS is too expencive but you sum the PSP up nice and short-like.
    Did you quote the wrong person or something? Who the hell is Peter? :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default complete ds collection

i'm missing 2 regular release DS games... madden and asphalt. i'll probably pick those up pretty soon here, though i was hoping to hold off on madden until another price drop after 06 comes out.

i don't have the zelda trailer yet though... it's not a top priority at the moment. and i'd still like to track down the kiosk demos, but i haven't seen anyone with those yet.

now, here's something i've been wondering. in terms of having a "complete" DS collection, what happens when nintendogs is released? would one need to get all 3 versions, or (since it's essentially the same game) would just 1 version be considered acceptable by most people? i'm not sure how i feel about this one yet, but i'd like to hear the thoughts of some others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Default Re: complete ds collection

Quote Originally Posted by DocRamon
    now, here's something i've been wondering. in terms of having a "complete" DS collection, what happens when nintendogs is released? would one need to get all 3 versions, or (since it's essentially the same game) would just 1 version be considered acceptable by most people? i'm not sure how i feel about this one yet, but i'd like to hear the thoughts of some others.

im not a DS collector, but if i was i would def. see needing all 3 of them for a complete DS set....just like i personally see needing Halo 2 and Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition in order to have a complete XBox collection....while it is the same game.....i would feel that i would need it to have a complete set

with nintendogs....i dont know much about the game, but it looks like it has different dog types, so, the three do have different data, so they are a little more than just case variants...kinda like all those mega man blue and red and what not games on the GBA