Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unbeatable bugged console games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know you said console, but wasnt their a delibrate impossible level in a PC Warhammer game?

IIRC someone managed to beat it and crashed the game due to the fact nothing was past it?

Surely its not allowed to release unfinished games!!!

RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews, Community & Forum
    View my Retro Game Collection: Click here
    My Trade List: Click here
    My Want List: Click here

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Coolspot is beatable on the SNES, just to let you guys know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cauterize
    I know you said console, but wasnt their a delibrate impossible level in a PC Warhammer game?

IIRC someone managed to beat it and crashed the game due to the fact nothing was past it?

Surely its not allowed to release unfinished games!!!
    Which game was this? Was it one of the two that have PS1 ports? I hadn't heard of them being unbeatable. At any rate, I'd love to know which game it was since I'm sort of a Warhammer fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Battletoads for NES is unbeatable with 2 players because the last racing level (the orb) cant be completed with 2 players. Seems like the beta testers of this very-difficult game never got that far into the game .

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The 'respirator' bug randomly kicks in for the PS title, Martian Gothic: Unification. A complete freeze. And boyo, it's got me stuck there too!!
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Battletoads for NES is unbeatable with 2 players because the last racing level (the orb) cant be completed with 2 players. Seems like the beta testers of this very-difficult game never got that far into the game .
    Is it truly impossible, or is that what you say because of the difficulty? Battletoads on two players is ludicrous and I sure as heck couldn't do it, both players would have to be dead on perfect with the game.

I haven't finished the Nes one all the way through, but I finished the Genesis version without continuing!!
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy
    Is it truly impossible, or is that what you say because of the difficulty? Battletoads on two players is ludicrous and I sure as heck couldn't do it, both players would have to be dead on perfect with the game.

I haven't finished the Nes one all the way through, but I finished the Genesis version without continuing!!
    Its TRULY impossible to pass the racing pod`s stage with 2 players. Player 2 just keeps dying because he/she cant control the bike.

A solution is to let the player 2 die (not like theres any other choice) finishing the level with ONE player. And then making player 2 continue once you reach the last level.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Action 52 (NES) - of the 52 games, at least 30, possibly more, are unbeatable. The FAQ for this is great.

Cheetahmen II (NES) - After level 4, the boss appears and evidently a counter doesn't roll over or something, so you remain on the boss screen forever.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) - I vaguely recall controversy on the GameFAQ boards that one of the packages would occasionally never spawn. Of course, the average IQ of the flounder on GameFAQs is about 64.8, so it could just be that one moron couldn't find it, two morons already collected it but forgot about it, and ten other trolls (I mean that in the fairytale sense) posted "me too" to fit in.

Wrecking Crew (NES) - Not a bug, per se, and the game isn't beatable, per se (99 levels that loop, you can select a level from the title screen) - but at least one of the levels features your buddy, Fattini, and a bunch of silver ladders (the destructable variety). Now, for those of you who haven't played this fine black box game, Fattini is a monkey. And that's insulting to monkeys. He'll go about thwhacking the shit out of just about whatever. Unless you devote your time to leading him to obstacles and knocking him down to the bottom (insert corporate world metaphor here), he'll proudly whack a silver ladder and render the screen unbeatable.

DAMN FATTINI!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've beat Cool Spot on the Genesis too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Ice
    Gran Turismo 2 - you could not get 100% complete even if you did everything (it would stick at 98.1 % or something). I assume this was fixed in the GH version.
    I've read on IGN that the missing percentage of the game was due to a Drag Racing portion that was scrapped. Seems like they just removed that and forgot to update the percentage. They also left two drag racers in, which you can win as prize cars.

On another board, someone claimed they were unable to complete the Gamecube version of Beyond Good and Evil due to a glitch. I'm hoping that one isn't true, because that's the version I own.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Banana (Level 7) pragmatic insanester's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i've purchased two copies of martian gothic. one of them is indeed cursed with the respirator bug.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wasnt Ikari Warriors unbeatable without a code?

My Collection:
    users.ign.com/collection/fc3sRX7gxl

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emumuumuucowgomoo

Wrecking Crew (NES) - Not a bug, per se, and the game isn't beatable, per se (99 levels that loop, you can select a level from the title screen) - but at least one of the levels features your buddy, Fattini, and a bunch of silver ladders (the destructable variety). Now, for those of you who haven't played this fine black box game, Fattini is a monkey. And that's insulting to monkeys. He'll go about thwhacking the shit out of just about whatever. Unless you devote your time to leading him to obstacles and knocking him down to the bottom (insert corporate world metaphor here), he'll proudly whack a silver ladder and render the screen unbeatable.

DAMN FATTINI!!!
    Fattini? Do you mean the guy who works behind the walls (on the opposite plane)? Isn't his name Foreman Spike?

I only know of four enemies in Wrecking Crew:
    Gottawrench (blue and red)
    Gottawrench Jr (blue and red)
    The Eggplant Men (hmmmmmm...Kid Icarus design crew?)
    Foreman Spike

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's a glitch in Sphinx & the cursed mummy that causes a door to become sealed shut with no way of opening it if you save at a certain save point. You can get around this by not saving, but if you do save, you've got no choice but to restart. :/
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrototypeFC3S
    Oh yeah, you would never make it without the cheat, the game took me 3 hours to finish. Funny you mentioned Ikari Warriors becuase I could have sworn I could not finish Victory Road on the NES becuase my guy always got stuck in a certain area, making it impossible to win. Anybody else remember anything like that or am I just dreaming?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

At the end of level 3 of ikari warriors you have to find a secret staircase (with grenades) to be able to get to level 4 (its hard to find).

jackie chan for psx (pal version) is unbeatable, it crashes on level 3.

secret of errormore ahem evermore has a glitch where you can't beat it if you warp out of the fight with tiny (amoung a billion other bugs) that permanetly locks the door into his room ,thus not allowing you to get the part for the flying ship thing.

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

I don't know if I was just unlucky or what, but my Resident Evil 2 game (for the PSX) got stuck after Claire's first fight with Tyrant (or whatever the main mutant thing was called). I'd win the battle, climb up the ladder, hear the kid's voice, then freeze. I even rented the game from a video store so I could get past that scene, but no luck there either. :/

Nobody else seems to have ever had that problem, so who knows what the deal with it was.

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yago
    Quote Originally Posted by PrototypeFC3S
    Oh yeah, you would never make it without the cheat, the game took me 3 hours to finish. Funny you mentioned Ikari Warriors becuase I could have sworn I could not finish Victory Road on the NES becuase my guy always got stuck in a certain area, making it impossible to win. Anybody else remember anything like that or am I just dreaming?
    Man that part of Ikari Warriors drove me nuts. I never found that stinking stairway and I love how the game chose that exact point to make the unlimited continues limited.

Anyway, I can vouch for Ikari 2 being beatable. It took me a few dozen times, but I was young and had more time than sense.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if this qualifies, but Earth Defense (awful game) for the Genesis, sometimes is unbeatable, I got to where the first boss is and he never appeared once so I had to reset. Oh well, Big loss!
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you accidentally shot the treasure chest with the level exit in NES Gauntlet, didn't the game become unbeatable and you had to reset? I seem to remember this happening.
    Web: www.OHHLA.com, www.RapReviews.com, www.AngryMarks.com
    Forums: www.AngryMarks.com/forums
    Turunga Leela on Info-tari: "Go consummate yourself!!"

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Space Station Silicon Valley (N64) is impossible to 100%. One of the special items is impossible to collect; you just walk right through it...