Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unbeatable bugged console games.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've beaten Low G man on every difficulty with never any problems like this. However, the super-difficult bonus difficulty level I have not beaten. I did get to the last boss and pummelled the ever-living shit out of him and always ran out of time....and this is without even allowing Low G Man to miss a single possible hit....in other words I hit him as many times as was humanly possible on that difficulty, with no room for another stike, and there's just not enough time. So, as far as I'm concerned, the last boss on that difficulty is probably impossible. And seriously, I was REALLY fucking good at that game, and could never beat that last boss on that difficulty. Weird.
    I think I've beaten all the difficulty levels. I think the person who had problems with some jumps didn't know about the fact taht you can jump very high with some vehicles.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suppafly
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy
    Battletoads for NES is unbeatable with 2 players because the last racing level (the orb) cant be completed with 2 players. Seems like the beta testers of this very-difficult game never got that far into the game .
    Is it truly impossible, or is that what you say because of the difficulty? Battletoads on two players is ludicrous and I sure as heck couldn't do it, both players would have to be dead on perfect with the game.

I haven't finished the Nes one all the way through, but I finished the Genesis version without continuing!!
    Its TRULY impossible to pass the racing pod`s stage with 2 players. Player 2 just keeps dying because he/she cant control the bike.

A solution is to let the player 2 die (not like theres any other choice) finishing the level with ONE player. And then making player 2 continue once you reach the last level.
    Are you sure your friends didn't just suck?

It seems quite odd that this would occur, given that both 'toads handle exactly the same. Failing the sucky second player option, perhaps your second controller is damaged?

If you accidentally shot the treasure chest with the level exit in NES Gauntlet, didn't the game become unbeatable and you had to reset? I seem to remember this happening.
    Doubtful - remember, if you hold still for about two minutes, all the walls will turn into exits. This was put in deliberately, to avoid a scenario like you described.

One unbeatable game that comes to mind, though it's not exactly a "glitch", is Bubble Bobble. Without a second player, all you get is the "fake" ending.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if this fits, but GTA3 for PS2 had a glitch that could show up and not allow you to complete the game 100%. It was called the Purple Nines glitch, and it had something to do with one of the gangs not showing up so you couldn't complete one of the missions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

Yea i heard of that awful game Action 52 with all the games on it.It was a ripoff to buy because it cost $99 and all the games were inpossible to beat because tghey had so many bugs.
    Dance Dance Toejam and Earl!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Battletoads for NES is unbeatable with 2 players because the last racing level (the orb) cant be completed with 2 players. Seems like the beta testers of this very-difficult game never got that far into the game .
    Is it truly impossible, or is that what you say because of the difficulty? Battletoads on two players is ludicrous and I sure as heck couldn't do it, both players would have to be dead on perfect with the game.

I haven't finished the Nes one all the way through, but I finished the Genesis version without continuing!!
    Its TRULY impossible to pass the racing pod`s stage with 2 players. Player 2 just keeps dying because he/she cant control the bike.

A solution is to let the player 2 die (not like theres any other choice) finishing the level with ONE player. And then making player 2 continue once you reach the last level.
    It is possible. I´ve done it before with a friend. How´s that the second player can´t control the bike? I´ve never noticed any problems.
    Step Back! This is my blast shot!

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wasnt Ikari Warriors unbeatable without a code?
    Not possible by humans anyway. Your character is a SLLLLOOOOOOWWWW mofo.....I suppose ti is technically possible to beat without the code, but not likely.

Oh yeah, you would never make it without the cheat, the game took me 3 hours to finish. Funny you mentioned Ikari Warriors becuase I could have sworn I could not finish Victory Road on the NES becuase my guy always got stuck in a certain area, making it impossible to win. Anybody else remember anything like that or am I just dreaming?
    Ikari Warriors 1 and 2 do not let you continue on a the last screen of any level (or maybe they will only let you do it once or twice). The way around this is to hit ABBA on controler two just before the end of the level (making player 2 appear in your one player game--works on both titles). This will let you pummel the last boss with player one, with a glimmer of hope that player two will have some lieves left to give those extra last few shots.

The last boss for Victory Road is a BITCH. He takes way too many shots and it took me quite a few tries to whip his ass. Probably one of the top 2 or 3 worst NES game endings ever, too.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bionic Commando Elite forces - game boy color

is there a work around for that bug - i just started to play it and am pissed it crashes -

also Heros of might and magic - gameboy color - also crashes on me if i get attacked - or if i attack a certain enemy - it gets all glitchy and eventualy freezes
    could it be that i need to start a level over in this game - i was thinking becasue when i get to the part that crashes there is an enemy icon representing 999 enemies and my guess is that i took too long to get to this icon and it "upgraded" too much and the program cant handel that many enemies - just asking if anyone else came across this - i dont realy want to start the level over again (takes a long time ) if this is most certainly a bug and the game is unbeatable
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by googlefest1
    also Heros of might and magic - gameboy color - also crashes on me if i get attacked - or if i attack a certain enemy - it gets all glitchy and eventualy freezes
    could it be that i need to start a level over in this game - i was thinking becasue when i get to the part that crashes there is an enemy icon representing 999 enemies and my guess is that i took too long to get to this icon and it "upgraded" too much and the program cant handel that many enemies - just asking if anyone else came across this - i dont realy want to start the level over again (takes a long time ) if this is most certainly a bug and the game is unbeatable
    Its been a few years for me, but couldn't you jump around to different levels in that game? It seems like you just picked the level you wanted out of some Scenario list. If so, which level are you stuck on? I remember I beat the first few levels, then skipped to the last one on the list. There was no ending or anything.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not quite in line with this thread, but I was playing The Scorpion King: Sword of Osiris for GBA and if you climb up the waterfalls in one level you go over the screen ala Metroid's secret worlds and get screwed. You have to reset.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slimedog
    Quote Originally Posted by googlefest1
    Its been a few years for me, but couldn't you jump around to different levels in that game? It seems like you just picked the level you wanted out of some Scenario list. If so, which level are you stuck on? I remember I beat the first few levels, then skipped to the last one on the list. There was no ending or anything.

uh i dont remember the level - in the begining there were 2 options just pick a senario - or quest mode - something like that and i chose the one with the story - and it picked the levels for you
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't get my Missle Command 3d to work properly on my Jaguar. I bought two ( a couple of years ago) thinking that there was something wrong with the rom chip on the first one. It locks up in the 3D stage after clearing the first wave of missles. It does it on both copies, oh well I guess there wasn't much of a QA team when this one was made.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nevermind, just realized that if the cart did work, Missle Command in general is not considered a beatable game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played about half way through Lunar for GBA, and was quite enjoying it. That is until I hit a bug, apparently if you equip an item to your character and then immediately save your game, when you load the game up later you have a good chance of that item dissapearing for some reason. unfortunately for me it was one of the pieces of dragon armor meaning I couldn't complete the set, meaning I couldn't finish the game I had already invested 15 hours into. No way i'm investing another 15 hours to get back to the point I was at so I guess that game will sit in my collection unplayed and scorned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

back to the bionic comando elite forces

any one know if you can get around the bug using a game jennie type thing

im thinking the helmet is the problem - since the surounding levels say im not prepared enough to enter and the 2 levels that crash 4 and 5 requrie you to have the helmet from level 3 - mabey its not registering it or it screws up the logging of it when you get it
    --Frank Herbert

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah the lotfr game on the gba has a huge bug in it, freezes at the mines of moriea or something like that.
    ppl say im crazy, they don't understand

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember being "stuck forever" in final fantasy adventure cause I had no more keys inside of a dungeon therefore couldn't advance and for some reason couldn't leave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mills
    I remember being "stuck forever" in final fantasy adventure cause I had no more keys inside of a dungeon therefore couldn't advance and for some reason couldn't leave.
    You know, I'm pretty sure I got stuck in that exact same place before.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sayin'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damon Plus

It is possible. I´ve done it before with a friend. How´s that the second player can´t control the bike? I´ve never noticed any problems.
    IT IS impossible to pass the pod race stage with 2 players. Player 2 CANT move and he keeps dying after the pod touches him!

GO try it yourself, and then tell me what you found!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I meant the orb stage (the one before the final tower level).

Thanks