Thread: PS1 Jewel Cases

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PS1 Jewel Cases

HI all,

Pretty simple and straightforward topic. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of where I could pick up some new PS1 jewel cases. I'm referring to the large ones used for 2-4 CD games. I've got a couple cracked cases I would like to replace with new ones. Any help would be great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Re: PS1 Jewel Cases

..d'oh, missread your post, disregard this.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If anybody knows where to get nes sytrofoam bottoms, that would be greatly appreciated too.

^^Sig by felix. PM me if you want a custom sig.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Um, what do the styrofoam spacers in NES boxes have to do with PS1 jewel cases? *Confused by unrelated threadjack*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

http://www.sleevetown.com/

...they're reliable and fast. They have cd jewel cases to fit up to 6 discs.

Now does anyone know where to buy new PS2 and Xbox cases?

Aaron.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

by the way if anyone knows where I can get extra genesis boxes it would help me alot

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

is there a website where i can purchase replacement supplies for all of my classic gaming systems? x_x

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the link. I checked it out, though, I am unsure if those cases match the PS1 cases exactly. I couldn't tell from the pictures provided if they are indeed the same. Heybtbm - are they?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neschamp
    Um, what do the styrofoam spacers in NES boxes have to do with PS1 jewel cases? *Confused by unrelated threadjack*
    "If anybody knows where to get nes sytrofoam bottoms, that would be greatly appreciated too."

Just trying to consolodate threads.. No use in making a brand new thread for something as petty as styrofoam.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OP, unless the black portion of those jewel cases is damaged, then you can replace them yourself with standard jewel cases.

Everything that is clear comes from a standard jewel case, ie the frontside of a multi-case is the backside a regular jewel case. Regular jewel cases can be found just about everywhere - that's what I've done to fix most of my PS1 RPGs. Of course, if the black portion is damaged, then you're more out of luck.

As for the stryofoam - I honestly just cut my own. Get a real one and the next time you buy something that comes in some styrofoam, just grab a knife and whittle a few blocks out. They may not be pretty, they may not be original - but they work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by felix
    "If anybody knows where to get nes sytrofoam bottoms, that would be greatly appreciated too."

Just trying to consolodate threads.. No use in making a brand new thread for something as petty as styrofoam.
    You already have a thread asking for something as petty as styrofoam.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64073

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The thing is, you'll also need to find those covers and back covers for the case to make it look real, I'd think.
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Thanks for the link. I checked it out, though, I am unsure if those cases match the PS1 cases exactly. I couldn't tell from the pictures provided if they are indeed the same. Heybtbm - are they?
    The 3 and 4 disc jewel cases are not the exact ones Sony used. The black plastic piece on the Sleeve City cases look like it was made from a cheaper plastic.

What I did was use the clear portions of the Sleeve City cases with the original black plastic piece from the ps1 cases.

Aaron.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tylerwillis
    OP, unless the black portion of those jewel cases is damaged, then you can replace them yourself with standard jewel cases.

Everything that is clear comes from a standard jewel case, ie the frontside of a multi-case is the backside a regular jewel case. Regular jewel cases can be found just about everywhere - that's what I've done to fix most of my PS1 RPGs. Of course, if the black portion is damaged, then you're more out of luck.

As for the stryofoam - I honestly just cut my own. Get a real one and the next time you buy something that comes in some styrofoam, just grab a knife and whittle a few blocks out. They may not be pretty, they may not be original - but they work.
    Thank you. I thought of doing that but though I would check in first to see if anybody had any resorces.

You already have a thread asking for something as petty as styrofoam.
    I figured this would be easier than bumping my old thread. I mean, who wants to go into a forum, click on a thread, scroll down and find nothing but the word "bump"?

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Your best bet for getting replacement multi-disc cases is to get a cheap mutli-disc game (Sammy Sosa, Fear Effect, FF VII Greatest Hits, etc.) off of ebay or at one of the game stores. There's four different types of multi-disc cases, so be sure the one you'd be picking up has the same number of discs you'd be replacing. (Example: FF8 has four discs, and you need another four disc game such as Legend of Dragoon to get the same style case . Getting a game with 1-3 discs like Parasite Eve or Metal Gear won't get you the exact same case for a replacement. This is only if you're really anal though. )

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i suggest to look up yellow pages for any near by CD/DVD case factory...
    when I was chasing for 4 DVD fat case I found a factory in the same city I live and they deal with the public in small quantities - albeit not cheap... still they didn't have the green DVD case in the same hue as those one used for Xbox... for PS1 fat size was told one of thick jewel case they make for computer cleaning kit will fit the bill though haven't tried myself...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Of The Felines
    Your best bet for getting replacement multi-disc cases is to get a cheap mutli-disc game (Sammy Sosa, Fear Effect, FF VII Greatest Hits, etc.) off of ebay or at one of the game stores. There's four different types of multi-disc cases, so be sure the one you'd be picking up has the same number of discs you'd be replacing. (Example: FF8 has four discs, and you need another four disc game such as Legend of Dragoon to get the same style case . Getting a game with 1-3 discs like Parasite Eve or Metal Gear won't get you the exact same case for a replacement. This is only if you're really anal though. )

Kristine
    I second that. Even PS1 cases for one-disc-games with double jewel cases are not so easily replaced just by buying similar ones from stores; they have the Playstation logo imprinted in the plastic on the right side when you open them.

Wild Arms has such a case and many others. Find a cheap Gran Turismo (the first one) which has the same jewel case as Wild Arms, and...voila. Easier is for example the replacement for Wild Arms 2 because it is a two-disc-game and the jewel case doesn't contain an imprinted Playstation logo.

So, in short: make sure with which kind of case the original came in, and then buy the same cases in great condition with very cheap games.