Thread: Property of Sculptured Software, Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Property of Sculptured Software, Inc.

The other day I was in a thrift store, saw a Genesis game I didn't have (Spot Goes to Hollywood) and decided to pick it up. I noticed that the price tag was covering a label (standard white mailing label) that said "Property of..." where the rest was covered by the price tag. I figured it was probably a label for a video store and didn't think much of it.

When I got home, I peeled the price tag off and saw that the label actually said, "Property of: Sculptured Software, Inc." with their phone number. I had heard, vaguely of Sculptured Software - basically I only knew that they were a game developer. Looking them up on the internet, it turns out that they were a local development company (located in Salt Lake City where I picked the game up). At one point they were acquired by Acclaim and changed their name to Iguana West (not necessarily in that order) and then were renamed to Acclaim Studios Salt Lake. With Acclaim's fall, they were shut down.

I cleaned the game and popped it in, but it appears it was just a regular release copy (the game was complete with box and instruction manual). Still, I guess since they did quite a bit of Genesis development they must have had a few Genesis games around for reference (especially Acclaim games since they worked with them a lot even before being bought out).

Anyway, it is kind of cool to own a game once owned by a game development company.
    "Dost thou love me?" "No" "But thou must!"

My Video Game Journal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

When I was in Utah I kept running across strategy guides for some Secrets of the Luxor game... dunno whats up but weird finds in Utah ya.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r