Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nermal
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronty-2
    Hey Paul,

Well I disagree, for a few reasons I can't really get into. But there's no doubt in mind the stuff is legit.

For a few reasons I can not really get into?? HAHA ok
    I just meant that it would take too long to explain, not that it's a top secret or anything.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well maybe cruzaway bought them!!!!!! :P "Don't worry my friend".

Seem like an amazing auction. I would have think of it. But my house is already full... and a load of it is factory sealed NES games. Not as much copies thought ;-)

There seem to be uberleet games in that stock... :$ mama... If you would have wanted to go fast, I would have splitted and get the cash right away ;-)

But I would say, be persisten... recall, at less try a little more.

I have an interesting similar story, except the ending was different (surprinsingly). A friend of mine bought a domain for a lot of cash (soimething like 7k$+) free-sex.something (com or org I don't remember). Then some time later he reselled and offered a commission to the person who find the buyer. Let's say he reselled at 12-14k$ and give some good cash to the guy who found it. Apparently people fought to get the domain (I don't know if he tried to sell it much before). Then some minutes after (10 maybe), he did get a bigger offer, it was 20K if I remember well ironically. He told me he did not take it. I was really surprised hearing that... because... that friend like to try to screw a little the system (not that bad, but he would use trick to get more cash as usual, etc.)... and some K for some minute... that is neat-o.

Having talk with Bronty, at less he doesn't seem agressive and is very agreable to talk with, but I have another story that remind me... about how I got my Donkey Kong Country Competition complete. A seller on ebay was pretty quick and rude. I have dealt with him and I did not like how he was answering email rudely, etc. He was a local. I have done quite a lot of deal with him after (because he had interesting stuff). I even did get some stuff from him for some other DP'er out there. However, he was buying some stuff thinking doing a business (I think he stopped). And one thing he got was a cheap bid on DKC Competition Complete (near 150$). Apparently the seller wanted more (which was still a great price). That is unfair as he won it (the rude and quick guy). However his attitude make so he pissed off the seller too (and had no chance to conclude at 150$). I did bought it after. I don't encourage that way to sell and then stop (but wanted it...). The seller as the bidder has a kind of Ethic and Contract, etc. However, it was lost case so I took opportunity... Ironic fact is that I bought another DKC Competition from the [quick impulsive] guy (bidder) who did not conclude the deal. ;-)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also another seller on ebay that I have saw often. atwood something. Recently sold a mario bros (51$ only, I would have bid bigger but had problem bidding on time, chance are bronty won it!) and said he found a warehouse and have ton of factory sealed nes games. Anyone heard about this?

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, you guys are right. I'm going to contact the seller again and try to see what can be done.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you see sealed copies of Pinball, Wrecking Crew, Metal Gear, Super Mario Bros 3 etc. poping up on ebay from the same seller its 99.99% sure that that seller bought this lot instead.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

damn I was going to bid on that mario bros but could not because he never pre approved me to bid. What is that guys story, his name is "atwood". I have good feed back and never got a response to 4 emails! Hey Bronty do you know this guy?

P.S sorry to hear about that deal gone bad. Had it been a different time of year I could have loaned you money and made a deal for the stuff I want. But right now my girl has taken away and changed my passwords on all my accounts (something about my spending too much on ebay and other places!)

PSS Because of the above you can count me out the soccer transaction sorry BRONTY

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASGAMEPLAYER
    But right now my girl has taken away and changed my passwords on all my accounts (something about my spending too much on ebay and other places!)
    Hehe my ex-girl did this to me when we broke up. Damn it was annoying. Got the new pass eventualy tho.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bronty-2
    Yeah, you guys are right. I'm going to contact the seller again and try to see what can be done.
    did you contact eBay as well on this one? for an auction of this level price with the commission they will be raking in, they'll probably help you out a bit quicker and better than they usually do. file a seller non-performance charge against him at the least.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is what I sent the guy, and yeah, I definitely plan on causing what trouble I can for him on ebay if he doesn't come through.

Hi Jay,

I'm not at home so I can't call you at the moment (I will later). First off,
    did the other guy pay? But really, that's irrelevant. The fact of the matter
    is that I won the auction and can pay you upfront, as requested, in a short
    period of time. I don't see how you can demand that I meet all of your
    conditions, such as US delivery and upfront payment, and at the same time not
    honor the auction. You went to lengths on the phone to remind me of the terms
    of the auction and to demand that I meet them – well, in that case, it's only
    fair that I demand the same of you. I won the auction fair and square and can
    pay. Not only that but I notified you of that ability to meet payment and
    delivery terms within just eight hours of the auction close. I don't want to
    have to report this to ebay. You have to be reasonable here – you talk about
    being fair to the other guy but what about being fair to me, the auction
    winner?

Dan

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey texas - no problem re the tennis, sorry to hear about the passwords! The thing is, she's probably right if you're like me

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

re atwood, all I have to say about him can be read in the 'caltron 535' thread.

and there's no way that mario auction was legit. That auction was basically just tim showing off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Any idea what this set would be worth if broken up on ebay?

Adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

30.000 - 35.000 USD

But i dont think it will happen.
    I still believe its a fraud.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hotdang what nice to see! WOW! I dunno if i would buy it from someone who has 3 feedbacks,if i lived in the neighbourhood i would go check it out first before bidding,mega nice lot though,the buyer must be mega happy with all this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

You know.

The high bidder needs to send an email to Mike Gedeon. He was exchanging emails with this guy for a private sale. The price he gave Mike for the whole kabang was lower than the BIN. Is the seller trying to get multiple buyers to bite on the same bait?

Adam

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn -- We live in a small world. ;-)

We could make a movie after.

There has been a movie here about some "Lost stamps" (featuring the bluenose [of Canada] if I remember). So why not one about videogames, crazydeal and lost videogames. Hehe...

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari
    You know.

The high bidder needs to send an email to Mike Gedeon. He was exchanging emails with this guy for a private sale. The price he gave Mike for the whole kabang was lower than the BIN. Is the seller trying to get multiple buyers to bite on the same bait?

Adam
    If that was the case though, he'd be willing to take my money too, which he's not interested in. Had a conversation on the phone with him today. It's a long story, but basically when he first called me like 20 mins after the auction end I was hoping to do this on time payments. He didn't want to accept that and by the end of the day when I confirmed I could get full payment in a week he didn't want to accept that either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know.

Adam
    what did i say .....

I knew it !!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hm.. hard to say. As bronty already said, if that was the case he would most likely have take his money too.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cruzway
    You know.

Adam
    what did i say .....

I knew it !!
    I'm going to have to agree with you.. Your post earlier summed it up. WAY too many coincidents for me to feel safe buying it. I am thinking of email the seller and telling him that I would like to purchase it for say $2000 over his top buyers top price.. See what he says lol.

^^Sig by felix. PM me if you want a custom sig.