Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Aladdin Enhancer & Games (R7) just got common- New Stock

a
    a
    a
    a

Have you heard about those incidences when someone discovers a big pile of consoles or games that were once considered rare?

Yes, it's true... the Aladdin Deck Enchancer for the original Nintendo system AND the six games that were available for it just got a hell of a lot more easy to find.

If you look on Ebay, you'll find a seller who's selling several bundles... an enhancer with all the games, several enhancers with all the games, and the enhancer by itself. Do more searches and you'll find other sellers selling the games individually.

http://search.ebay.com/_Video-Games_...QQsassZolafdao

I should add that the Aladdin Enhancer and the six games available for it were never COMMON, and never will be. They are just a lot more easy to get at this point in time.

According to a wholesaler who e-mailed the seller, it seems that several PALLETS of the enhancers & games have been found in a warehouse. It's most likely leftover stock from the time when the enhancer & games were being sold on the Home Shopping Network. This was sometime in late 1992/early 1993.

We're talking SIX THOUSAND ENHANCERS and nearly FIVE THOUSAND games. The stuff being sold on Ebay is evidentally quite minty-mint, still sealed.

In the greater scheme of things, 6000 enhancers and 5000 games is a very small number by NES game standards. It's just unusual to have so many of them in one place so many years after they were made.

Just so you know... I have nothing to do with the finding or sale of the decks & games. I am not getting any kind of kickbacks. I hope those of you with enhancers & decks will forgive me, especially if you spent a lot of cash getting a complete collection. I just thought all of you in the NES collecting community might want to know. I have bought three sets myself.

Some info...

The Aladdin Deck Enhancer was produced by Camerica and was a device that would plug into an NES. It contained a bypass chip that would work with the lock-out chip inside the NES. With this hardware in the NES, you can insert a special game cartridge that is much smaller than the normal NES cart. There were seven games made in all... one that came with the deck (Dizzy the Adventurer) and six stand-alone carts (Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy, Micro Machines, Bignose Freaks Out, Quattro Sports, Quattro Adventure, and Linus Spacehead's Cosmic Crusade.) Some of these games were produced for the NES as stand-alone carts.

The idea behind the Aladdin Deck Enhancer was to make game cartridges cheaper since you didn't have to put a separate bypass chip on the smaller carts (since there was one in the enhancer already) plus the smaller carts required less raw materials.

Evidentally, the enhancer bombed. The games are actually pretty good, especially Micro Machines.

EDIT... some of the pictures I posted didn't show up.

Go here for more info...

http://www.atarihq.com/tsr/odd/aladdin/aladdin.html

Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Man I should really pick one of these up. $65 for the whole lot is the best deal I've seen so far. I also see that he is selling the enhancer by itself for a mere $20.

Someone should buy that $150 lot of three of everything. You could keep one set for yourself and take the other two to CGE and probably make back your entire investment.

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    St Aspartame

So true, I might buy two sets. I know Im not the only one who's wanted to experiance these things first hand!

Great find, thanks a million.
    Welcome to Macintosh.

Strawberry (Level 2) Super Mario Fan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm extremely tempted to buy one of these, do you think that they will be this cheap for long? I want to get one, but I want to read up on these a bit more to see if I can justify the purchase.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario Fan
    I'm extremely tempted to buy one of these, do you think that they will be this cheap for long? I want to get one, but I want to read up on these a bit more to see if I can justify the purchase.
    Well, they've been going on eBay regularly at roundabout the same price for well over 3 years, I don't expect a big jump in price or availability anytime soon.

I got mine about 2 years ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up! Got one on the way!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    Well, they've been going on eBay regularly at roundabout the same price for well over 3 years, I don't expect a big jump in price or availability anytime soon.

Do you regeret purchasing it? Is it fun? Would you recommend it to someone else?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who knows? The seller has 5000 decks and almost 5000 games sitting somewhere. Maybe storage isn't an issue for him? I couldn't personally have 10,000 pieces of stock sitting in my studio condo. If this is something he's doing on the side, he may not ever have to lower the price, or he may get sick of them and sell them cheaper on down the road. I believe he's had seveal inquiries about buying in bulk, but I suppose people are scare of the investment. I don't see there being a huge run on these things and him selling out for awhile, though.

Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

whoops

Insert Coin (Level 0) atari_wizard's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you regeret purchasing it? Is it fun? Would you recommend it to someone else?
    i have a set and don't regret buying it. they're the same games as the regular gold camerica games, only they're a small cartridge that uses an adapter. i recommend this set to collectors that are trying to persue a complete nes collection. i really enjoy camerica games, as most never get boring.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I can find two others interested, I'd probably bit on the 3/$150 deal and deal with shipping the other 2 out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ddockery
    If I can find two others interested, I'd probably bit on the 3/$150 deal and deal with shipping the other 2 out.
    I might be internseted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I don't regret it, I also didn't open it. It's a complete collection of sealed R7's...you'd be foolish to open it!

Unless you had a second one though, but then again, they are just the same as the regular NES versions so just buy those used and play them.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

I bought mine about a month ago from the seller for $65... its still sitting on my NES boxes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ddockery
    I'd be willing to go in on that. Give me a PM.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unless you had a second one though, but then again, they are just the same as the regular NES versions so just buy those used and play them.
    I thought the whole point was that they weren't the same. If I get a set, I want to see what differences there are, and exactly what this thing allowed the NES to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I see no point on paying 65 US now...with 5000 new found copies, the price WILL drop soon anyway...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suppafly
    I see no point on paying 65 US now...with 5000 new found copies, the price WILL drop soon anyway...
    Well, it's been 65.00 for over 3 years, I don't expect it to drop, but I do expect it to rise eventually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'd go in on the 3 with other bidders, BUT, I'm poor. The deal is great and I really want one, but the money just isnt here right now and I have a family to think of. The only way I could do it is if a member didnt mind taking payments, over 6-8 weeks (a little from each paycheck). I wouldn't ask that though. Maybe I can drop a hint to my brother that there is something he can buy now and sit on till xmas? Hmmm.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

True what your saying, but this isnt really any news. Its been like this for a long time. I own 3 complete sets and 2 incomplete which I bought on Ebay months ago. A guy had like 60+ complete sets or something. BIN was aroud $75 for 1 complete set. Other ppl was also selling.
    So this isnt something that just happend