a
a
a
a

Have you heard about those incidences when someone discovers a big pile of consoles or games that were once considered rare?

Yes, it's true... the Aladdin Deck Enchancer for the original Nintendo system AND the six games that were available for it just got a hell of a lot more easy to find.

If you look on Ebay, you'll find a seller who's selling several bundles... an enhancer with all the games, several enhancers with all the games, and the enhancer by itself. Do more searches and you'll find other sellers selling the games individually.

http://search.ebay.com/_Video-Games_...QQsassZolafdao

I should add that the Aladdin Enhancer and the six games available for it were never COMMON, and never will be. They are just a lot more easy to get at this point in time.

According to a wholesaler who e-mailed the seller, it seems that several PALLETS of the enhancers & games have been found in a warehouse. It's most likely leftover stock from the time when the enhancer & games were being sold on the Home Shopping Network. This was sometime in late 1992/early 1993.

We're talking SIX THOUSAND ENHANCERS and nearly FIVE THOUSAND games. The stuff being sold on Ebay is evidentally quite minty-mint, still sealed.

In the greater scheme of things, 6000 enhancers and 5000 games is a very small number by NES game standards. It's just unusual to have so many of them in one place so many years after they were made.

Just so you know... I have nothing to do with the finding or sale of the decks & games. I am not getting any kind of kickbacks. I hope those of you with enhancers & decks will forgive me, especially if you spent a lot of cash getting a complete collection. I just thought all of you in the NES collecting community might want to know. I have bought three sets myself.

Some info...

The Aladdin Deck Enhancer was produced by Camerica and was a device that would plug into an NES. It contained a bypass chip that would work with the lock-out chip inside the NES. With this hardware in the NES, you can insert a special game cartridge that is much smaller than the normal NES cart. There were seven games made in all... one that came with the deck (Dizzy the Adventurer) and six stand-alone carts (Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy, Micro Machines, Bignose Freaks Out, Quattro Sports, Quattro Adventure, and Linus Spacehead's Cosmic Crusade.) Some of these games were produced for the NES as stand-alone carts.

The idea behind the Aladdin Deck Enhancer was to make game cartridges cheaper since you didn't have to put a separate bypass chip on the smaller carts (since there was one in the enhancer already) plus the smaller carts required less raw materials.

Evidentally, the enhancer bombed. The games are actually pretty good, especially Micro Machines.

EDIT... some of the pictures I posted didn't show up.

Go here for more info...

http://www.atarihq.com/tsr/odd/aladdin/aladdin.html