I've connected a SONY PVM-20N5U monitor, to the Sega CDX rgb output.

I've used 3 x 75Ohm in series and 3 x 220uf (+ cdx side) caps on the RGB lines, and a 1k resistor on the sync pin 5. (image is bleeding/over exposing without this resistor)

However the problem is the RGB image seems to have some noise, more pronunced on solid blue colors. Static can be seen when very close to the monitor, and gives a feeling of unclean/noise output.

Another issue is some vertical lines that are displayed at certain times between game loads or while games change screens most of the time for a brief second but on the CD-ROM bios screen they seem to stay as you can see in the screen shot below.

Here is what they look like:

http://members.core.com/~drtooth/cdx/Vertical_lines.jpg

*I bumped up the contrast for them to be more visible*

I noticed that they dissapear (in the case above) just as soon as the cdrom is about to load and go to the sonic sega screen.

This is very strange since it doenst appear to be a problem with cabling etc. since they are not there all the time.

I dont have any issues with any of the other consoles that I added use rgb with, snes, turbo duo, psx, ps2 etc. same monitor. (Sony PVM-20N5U with RGB circuitry enabled)

I have 2 sega CDX's and it happens on both units the same way.

I would describe the output I get as if some sort of interference from the machine is causing it etc....

If anyone has an idea what is the cause of this please let me know.

Thanks,
-retrofan