Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros Melee as the new GC Bundle?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Super Smash Bros Melee as the new GC Bundle?

Last night I was out at local Gamecrazy that is fond of leaving it's New Release printouts on the counter..... It shows a new Gamecube bundle with Super Smash Brothers due on 8/15 - sounds like a cool freebie if someone you know is looking for a Gamecube in the future.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, I was gonna just get a used one off eBay but I might just buy that. I gotta get a GC before Zelda comes out. How much will it be??

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

99$ I believe.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, this was annonced 2 months ago
    eBay Feedback / eBay Auctions

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As others have said, I really don't understand why they're bundling this, the best multiplayer game on the console, with ONE CONTROLLER. There's no reason they couldn't charge a bit more (or not, if they're feeling even more generous) and throw in a second controller or a Wavebird or something.

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep , heard about this a while back now from a Nintendo rep.

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, they waited a long time to bundle this didn't they? Yet seriously, one controller for Smash bros? That's like giving you a car with one tire...
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanhat
    As others have said, I really don't understand why they're bundling this, the best multiplayer game on the console, with ONE CONTROLLER. There's no reason they couldn't charge a bit more (or not, if they're feeling even more generous) and throw in a second controller or a Wavebird or something.
    Probably the same reason the Halo xbox only came with one controller when it's known primarily as a multiplayer game.

You want to play with friends, you go out and buy a controller, thus netting Nintendo money, while still being able to point at the bundle as being under 100 bucks.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

I think that they would sell more systems if they packaged a more recent game with the system. Wasn't this a launch title? If not, it was close. It made a lot more sense when they packaged Double Dash with the system last Christmas. I'd like to see them maybe package the new Zelda game that is coming out with the GC, and then sell it for maybe $129. I'm not bashing Nintendo or anything, I'm just saying that it seems like they are trying to come up with a way to sell more systems, and I think that they should package a more recent game with the system if they want to do so. Wait until the new Zelda or Mario BAseball comes out, and then package an LE system with the game and sell it for $129. That would sell more systems IMHO.

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    I think that they would sell more systems if they packaged a more recent game with the system. Wasn't this a launch title? If not, it was close. It made a lot more sense when they packaged Double Dash with the system last Christmas. I'd like to see them maybe package the new Zelda game that is coming out with the GC, and then sell it for maybe $129. I'm not bashing Nintendo or anything, I'm just saying that it seems like they are trying to come up with a way to sell more systems, and I think that they should package a more recent game with the system if they want to do so. Wait until the new Zelda or Mario BAseball comes out, and then package an LE system with the game and sell it for $129. That would sell more systems IMHO.

Chris
    Or better yet if Nintendo really wants to sell a lot of GCNs, make the new Zelda available only as a pack in, and as a LE.

Gamecubes would sell like mad, I know I'd buy another one.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I don't understand why there bundling it with a 3 1/2 year old game. I dunno about you, but I'd rather buy a Resident Evil 4 bundle than a bundle with a game I can pick up on Greatest Hits.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This just doesn't sound so great... After the Mario Kart and two controllers bundle for Christmastime (with free memory card at Target... how I got my first Cube) I'm not so impressed by one game.

Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    I don't understand why there bundling it with a 3 1/2 year old game. I dunno about you, but I'd rather buy a Resident Evil 4 bundle than a bundle with a game I can pick up on Greatest Hits.
    Because RE4 is Capcom, and SSBM is Nintendo. They don't have to pay Capcom (or anyone else) an extra cost for each bundle sold.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

Nintendo is LATE... SSBM is going on 4 years now. A Game Cube with Animal Crossing bundle would be more effective I say... just get em all addicted and let the Cube be their fix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

[quote="goatdan"]
    Because RE4 is Capcom, and SSBM is Nintendo. They don't have to pay Capcom (or anyone else) an extra cost for each bundle sold.
    I used that as an example. Replace RE4 with Metroid Prime 2 or some new Nintendo game, I dunno, whatever.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used that as an example. Replace RE4 with Metroid Prime 2 or some new Nintendo game, I dunno, whatever.
    I agree, I'd say package it with Metroid Prime 2 and you have yourself a better deal. Hell package it with a new Zelda bundle and watch those babies fly!
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghouls N Ghosts

I agree, I'd say package it with Metroid Prime 2 and you have yourself a better deal. Hell package it with a new Zelda bundle and watch those babies fly!
    That' what I'm saying, SSMB melee is a first gen Gamecube game, it's old...package it with something more current and something not as niche and they bundles will go a lot better.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That' what I'm saying, SSMB melee is a first gen Gamecube game, it's old...package it with something more current and something not as niche and they bundles will go a lot better.
    Ditto. I totally agree with of these comments. Why not package it with a newer game or new game that comes out. Such as what you guys suggested: Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 2, the new Zelda, etc. It seems dumb to be bundling it with a launch title for a system that is over two years old!
    My Game Collection, Doubles Are For Sale: http://www.rfgeneration.com. User name is Shaggy. I will entertain any other reasonable offer.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think this is great! I have still held off on buying SSBM and I wanted to get an extra cube for my parents house for when I visit - - -

But the fact that this is the cube version with the composite video removed really sucks. I dont know if SSBM is a game compatible with the composite video output, but I'm just pissed that they removed that part. And only having one controller is retarded, especially after the 2 controller pack in of the mario kart bundle from last year.

Still It's only 99 bucks - you're getting a brand new cube for $70 essentially.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think that packaging it with a sequel would work so well. If they made a bundle that had Metroid Prime 1 and 2 in it, I think that would fly off the shelves.

Or the new Zelda. Seriously, I know Nintendo won't do that because they'll be able to sell a lot of consoles when the new Zelda comes out, but if they want to increase their new user-base drastically, they should bundle it with no price increase.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333