Thread: Become a GOAT Store Affiliate, sign-up bonuses now!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Become a GOAT Store Affiliate, sign-up bonuses now!

I figured this would best be put under buying and selling, but if anyone thinks it needs to go elsewhere, please be my guest and move it there...

Do you want to get paid just for having a Web site or posting messages on a message board? Now you can sign up to be a GOAT Store Affiliate! To sign up, just head to http://www.goatstore.com/affiliate_info.php

There are some specials for signing up for this until the end of the month of August... first, just for signing up we're going to credit your account with $10.00 of credit. You have to earn another $10.00 before you can withdraw the money, but that won't be hard because for the month of August, we're going to up our Affiliate rate to 10%! That means that all that you need to do is refer to us an order for $100.00 through your Web site (or link in a signature, or link in an email, or whatever you want ) in the month of August, and you'll receive $20.00 from us.

On top of that, if you refer to us another person who becomes a GOAT Store Affiliate, when that person has earned their first payment from us, we will also send you an additional $10.00 for referring them too us!

The 10% affiliate rate will only be good for the month of August, so if you're interested apply today!

If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to either PM me or ask in this thread. I'll be happy to reply
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

Shouldn't this be locked for spamming?

Requesting mod decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoil
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seems like a perfectly legitimate offer. This user is also a regular contributor on the site. And he runs a legitimate store. Is it a double post or something?
    Tritium (aka Mel)
    ------

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

Hmm... the post just seemed generic, like most crazy internet forum ads.

Site's nice though.

Sorry Goatdan.
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmiley381

Site's nice though.

Sorry Goatdan.
    No problem.

I run everything I do past Joe before I do it, and this has been previously approved The GOAT Store is very, very far beyond spamming places.
    Dan Loosen
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish I had a website...

And the GOATStore is a very nice store, I bought my first R8 from there. Dan is a good guy, and so is Gary. They're very nice guys, and work hard for their site. If I had a website, I'd sign-up immediately! Free bump?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan

Site's nice though.

Sorry Goatdan.
    No problem.

I run everything I do past Joe before I do it, and this has been previously approved The GOAT Store is very, very far beyond spamming places.
    Now I really feel like a fool.

But that Soulblazer tempts me...

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Site's nice though.

Sorry Goatdan.
    Well the offer may seem crazy, but only the poster of the offer is. Have you seen his dreamcast collection? Goatdan lost his mind long ago...

Wish he woulda taken me with him... =(
    Tritium (aka Mel)
    ------

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

E-mail me a copy of the banner pic. I'll do it, I guess. I don't use my website much right now but I'm thinking of making more use of it.

Chris

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

My errors aside, I also write for a website, and perhaps Jason would like the idea of being an affiliate. Would we get a link on your page, too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, Goatstore is def. one of my faves... Their support for Dreamcast is so great, I love it. I devote any classic gaming needs to this store regularly!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

You know, I -was- about to call you a spammer earlier today, but only because of one line in your post:

Do you want to get paid just for having a Web site or posting messages on a message board?
    Now, I don't have any ill feelings towards you, but as a fellow DP member, let me tell you that by suggesting someone do this, you're basically inviting him to become a spammer.

Advertising items on a website? Sure, that's fine. Advertising items on a public post? Heeeeeeeeell no. That could bring on a bunch of problems, including the poster that had the ad going on getting banned, and you getting yelled at for advertising that way.

We forum users tend to not like any sort of advertisements on our messageboards. Stuff like that can get you in trouble, so I can only suggest that you say that you do not recommend such a course of action so the poster doesn't get in trouble.

Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drummy

And the GOATStore is a very nice store, I bought my first R8 from there. Dan is a good guy, and so is Gary. They're very nice guys, and work hard for their site. If I had a website, I'd sign-up immediately! Free bump?
    Thanks

I'm just guessing here -- Fun N Games for the SNES?

That was the last one I remember selling, although I don't remember who it went too...

Now I really feel like a fool.
    Don't worry about it -- I wouldn't want to clutter up the message boards with spam either, so I'm glad you were being mindful of that

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    E-mail me a copy of the banner pic. I'll do it, I guess. I don't use my website much right now but I'm thinking of making more use of it.
    You know... I don't know where our banners went. Shoooooot. I thought we had linked with them. I'll get back to you. For time being, just submit an Affiliate Application though

My errors aside, I also write for a website, and perhaps Jason would like the idea of being an affiliate. Would we get a link on your page, too?
    We aren't planning on linking back to sites at this time, but that may change. But we'll be paying you for the traffic (as long as they buy things... our XML engine if you're handy enough with that stuff can be used as an exceptional tool for posting what we really have anywhere...)

Quote Originally Posted by muffinman943
    Yeah, Goatstore is def. one of my faves... Their support for Dreamcast is so great, I love it. I devote any classic gaming needs to this store regularly!
    Thanks for the kind words! Expect more Dreamcast stuff soon... I keep saying that, but it's happening. It just always goes slower than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    You know, I -was- about to call you a spammer earlier today, but only because of one line in your post:

Do you want to get paid just for having a Web site or posting messages on a message board?
    Now, I don't have any ill feelings towards you, but as a fellow DP member, let me tell you that by suggesting someone do this, you're basically inviting him to become a spammer.

Advertising items on a website? Sure, that's fine. Advertising items on a public post? Heeeeeeeeell no. That could bring on a bunch of problems, including the poster that had the ad going on getting banned, and you getting yelled at for advertising that way.

We forum users tend to not like any sort of advertisements on our messageboards. Stuff like that can get you in trouble, so I can only suggest that you say that you do not recommend such a course of action so the poster doesn't get in trouble.
    Before I explain this, I would just like to point out that I am a pretty active forum user myself. I tend to post in the main forums a lot, while it seems that you hang out in the Buying and Selling and eBay forums more often, so that might be why you don't recognize me. I'm just as much as a forum user as yourself, and I also tend not to like any sort of advertisements on the messageboards that I'm reading either...

Except for in signatures, where that thing is relatively common. I've seen quite a number of Affiliate links in people's sigs for different places. That was what I was getting at, and I do not expect -- or want -- anyone going to a Web site and posting an ad strictly for us with no content. In fact, according to our agreement:

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT Store Affiliate Agreement
    The Affiliate agrees that the links, promotional materials and branding made available pursuant to the GOAT Store, LLC Affiliate Program will only be used as additions to other content displayed on the Web site(s) of the affiliate and that such links, promotional materials and branding shall not be the sole content on his or her Web site(s)
    If, in the Affiliate section you state that you are going to promote the GOAT Store through a "Message Board Signature," the site specifically states:

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT Store Affiliate Application
    Please list and describe the message board you will be using to promote the GOAT Store, LLC through the affiliate program.
    Please pay special attention to section 3.1 of the Affiliate Agreement.
    The reason that this is in there is because if it is brought to our attention that any of our affiliates is visiting Web sites and posting messages that do nothing but promote the GOAT Store, their affiliate status will immediately be terminated.

Trust me, I *hate* spam with a passion, and I try not to do it at all costs. I apologize for the vague-ness of that line -- I was typing this up at the end of a long day at work (or "the day job"), and I didn't clarify myself very good.

So, to rewrite that line, it should say:

Quote Originally Posted by I should have
    Do you want to get paid just for having a Web site or for putting an affiliate link in your message board signature? Now you can sign up to be a GOAT Store Affiliate! To sign up, just head to http://www.goatstore.com/affiliate_info.php
    I really do apologize for the error. I do not want anywhere spammed in any ways, and I will be more than happy to terminate anyone that we find violating these rules.

Hope that clarifies things a bit

Edit: Just one thing to add... Something I started saying and then forgot too: I don't mind links in people's signature's at all, because if I am going to link to something in my signature -- even if they are paying me -- I better be sure that I like them. Personally, if I am interested in what a forum member is saying and I see that he / she has linked to something in his or her signature, I'm usually the type that wants to check it out. I've found a hell of a lot of great Web sites through this method, and I've helped people get free iPods or whatever just because I was impressed by their posts.

Hope that also clarifys what I was thinking and saying a little more.
    Dan Loosen

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

By spamming the boards I did not mean DP. I meant as a forum user -in general-, and I meant having the ad on your signature. I didn't mean anywhere else. Sorry for the confusion.

And thanks for clearing that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    By spamming the boards I did not mean DP. I meant as a forum user -in general-, and I meant having the ad on your signature. I didn't mean anywhere else. Sorry for the confusion.

And thanks for clearing that up.
    I'm actually going to re-word the Affiliate Agreement at some point soon to better clear that up that it is only acceptable in signatures, and only acceptable in signatures if the boards that you are using allow for it.

Actually, if anyone here wants to go through our Affiliate Agreement and complain to me about parts that they don't like for whatever reason, I'm more than open to suggestions. We've been running this for a while now but we are just starting to push it next month, and I basically made it up as I went. I don't want to do anything that people would get annoyed by, and we try to do that with all of our business practices.

Oh, and I meant to say this before to tritium...

Quote Originally Posted by tritium
    Well the offer may seem crazy, but only the poster of the offer is. Have you seen his dreamcast collection? Goatdan lost his mind long ago...

Wish he woulda taken me with him... =(
    I should be getting a digital camera soon, and then I'll have to bust out my shelf of doom

And don't forget -- I lost my mind on the Jaguar first. I'm still the only person that I've ever heard of that collected all of the Jaguar label variations... and the reason I think I'm the only one is because I made the label variation FAQ! (which has since gone missing, unfortunately )

Anyway, soon...
    Dan Loosen

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan

Thanks

I'm just guessing here -- Fun N Games for the SNES?

That was the last one I remember selling, although I don't remember who it went too...
    Yeah, I bought that. . I almost shat my pants when I saw it on your list. And then you guys took off $5 because the label was peeling ever so little and it had a tiny amount of sticker residue near the bottom of the cart. I cleaned it up, and it looked fine.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I bought that. . I almost shat my pants when I saw it on your list. And then you guys took off $5 because the label was peeling ever so little and it had a tiny amount of sticker residue near the bottom of the cart. I cleaned it up, and it looked fine.
    I'm glad that you liked it. I was really surprised by how long we had that in stock. It had to have been there for at least three months.

About the sticker thing, I'm SUPER anal about making sure everything is perfect, and I always want to describe everything as honestly as possible. Missing something like that is unacceptable to me

Glad you like it!
    Dan Loosen