Thread: DARXIDE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, saw that one a few days ago - it's already been on VGA once with a reserve that wasn't met. Not sure how eBay have let Kron get away with pimping the VGA site like that though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

The current high bidder has gone up to about $1400 and has zero feedback.

I feel he may not be a serious bidder.
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Jesus! It was at about £320 when I saw a day or two back. I wouldn't rule out the high bidder that quick though - it's been a good couple of years since a boxed copy has been offered on eBay, and I heard about a different (complete) copy changing hands privately not too long ago for about £750. Also, a zero-feedback bidder isn't so much of a worry since the site has only been up there for a couple of weeks.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn.. £699 for a game that isnt even complete. In the rarity guide it says that a complete copy is "only" worth $350. Maybe time to update the price?

Whats the story behind this btw? Why is it so rare?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's the first boxed copy that has been sold openly in aaages, so I'd expect an over-inflated price for this one.
    While it could maybe do with being bumped up a little (say $500 or thereabouts), I certainly wouldn't suggest basing anything on the results of a single auction.

It's rare because it was the last 32X title released, and in very small numbers at that. It's also very expensive because it was only released in Europe, so American & Japanese collectors also want it for a complete worldwide 32X collection (unlike, say, the PAL Primal Rage, which is probably just as "rare" in terms of existing copies, if not more so).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just thought you might like to know, I recieved a bank transfer this morning and everything has gone through perfectly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Kron
    Just thought you might like to know, I recieved a bank transfer this morning and everything has gone through perfectly.
    Congrats, man. That is some ridiculous high price!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Again, what is the story behind this game? Why is it so rare? Its not that old either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Again, what is the story behind this game? Why is it so rare? Its not that old either.
    Dude, he told you...

It's the first boxed copy that has been sold openly in aaages, so I'd expect an over-inflated price for this one.
    While it could maybe do with being bumped up a little (say $500 or thereabouts), I certainly wouldn't suggest basing anything on the results of a single auction.

It's rare because it was the last 32X title released, and in very small numbers at that. It's also very expensive because it was only released in Europe, so American & Japanese collectors also want it for a complete worldwide 32X collection (unlike, say, the PAL Primal Rage, which is probably just as "rare" in terms of existing copies, if not more so).

It was the LAST 32x game released in the world, and it only came out in the UK. It had a very small print run. It's the most graphically advanced game on the 32x. This game (and Primal Rage) are the two games that keep UK collectors from getting a complete PAL 32x collection, and the one game that keeps gamers in the States and Japan from getting a collection of all the 32x games released worldwide (although Romance of the Three Kingdoms 4 for the Japanese-only Super 32x is pretty hard to find, too.) I've only seen it for sale 5 times in the last 4 years, and only one of those was a complete game.

It came out in early 1996, so it's almost 10 years old.

Cheers

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah ok hehe. He must have edited his post because when I first read it he only said the first paragraph.
    Ye, I know its 1996, but not that old compared to the other stuff like NES and so
    Thanks for the info.