Thread: I am getting all of the lunatics on eBay these days!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I am getting all of the lunatics on eBay these days!

It wasn't long ago that I dealt with a person who was selling DVDs on eBay that he never actually owned. I made this thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...105&highlight=

That person was taken down by the Oregon State Department of Justice and that seller account is suspended.

Now I have a whole new lunatic to deal with, and this one is actually just crazy.

Here's the whole story...

I have been looking for a Tiger R-Zone. I almost won one last weak, but I was bid-sniped at the last minute. Fortunately another one came up. Not many people are interested in these to I bid and I won.

Here is the item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I immediately paid as soon as I got the e-mail alert pop-up (thanks to Gmail Notifier). I paid via PayPal, and I paid as I always do, using eBay's checkout service.

So, I get a mysterious e-mail just a few minutes later:

you have sent payment to wroung email

plz send to tate_the_god@yahoo.com thank you you have 1 hour to resend payment thank you
    My first thought is, "WTF?" So, I look in my PayPal account and see that the payment has already gone through. They, the sellers, are registered as starshine_inc_2004@hotmail.com.

I e-mail the seller back, being polite despite the one hour ultimatum. (Still, I kept thinking, "One hour or what?") I explain to her that the payment has been sent and even copy and paste the information in my PayPal account as proof.

The seller comes back with:

The email address is not incorrect. My husband
    and i share a paypal and ebay account. the ebay
    account is in my name, the paypal account is in his.
    Our paypal account is verified. Thank you.

Please send payment to tate_the_god@yahoo.com

Now I am getting irritated and explain the fact of the matter, that I am not, by any means, going to pay for the item twice, and that her obligation is simply to ship the item that I won, and if she is not happy with the sale price then she can refund my money and relist it.

I get the following response back within minutes:

Sir, i was never asking you to pay twice for the
    item. I didnt even know that i had a paypal account
    in my name. We use my husbands account. I am sorry
    for the inconvenience. It took me a while, but i
    managed to get into it, and i do see that you have
    paid. Your item will be shipped to you in 2-3 days.
    Again I am sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for
    your order!!

"Sweet," I think to myself, falsely assuming that the seller has come to her senses, this is a new eBayer after all.

So, I go out for several hours. When I return I have this waiting for me:

you owe me a 20 doller trasfer fee or you get neg feed back and no refund or item for making the mistake of sending payment to a invailed paypal account plz send 20 doller fee to tate_the_god@yahoo.com in the next hour
    Oh, fuck no. I do not take threats well. I don't think that eBay takes threats well either. (What $20 fee could there possibly be? I think they just didn't get what they wanted on the item... not that they didn't bust my balls on the shipping, which is the norm on eBay lately.)

I respond:

Hello.

This is a clear violation of eBay policy.

1. You are the one who registered the wrong PayPal account.
    2. You cannot threaten negative feedback or your seller account can and probably will be suspended if reported.

I am saving this e-mail. Since you actually thought it was a good idea to send it through eBay, I don't have to prove that it was you, it's part of eBay's record.

I am not paying you any fee. If you leave me negative feedback I will simply forward this e-mail to eBay and your negative will be deleted and your sellers account could be either suspended or revoked.

The last thing I got from the person was the following:

pay fee or you will not get your item iam sorry
    All of this was sent through eBay's built in message service.

So, it looks like I am out the item, which sucks, because I wanted it for my collection.

I filed a dispute with PayPal, something that I've never had to do before. I hope it doesn't take too long, not like it's a lot of money.

What isn't cool is that they'll surely make good on their threat to leave a neg.

Anyone ever been in this situation before? I know that eBay should delete the neg because no one is allowed to make those kinds of threats, but will they? And how long does it take, usually?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: I am getting all of the lunatics on eBay these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Zadoc

Anyone ever been in this situation before? I know that eBay should delete the neg because no one is allowed to make those kinds of threats, but will they? And how long does it take, usually?
    People can make threats of negative feedback, as long as they are not telling you to do something you do not have to do. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...extortion.html Also the neg WILL stay on your account even if they get suspended for extortion. Like so many other things on ebay they have a policy against feedback extortion but allow it just the same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Reason #873 why I hate buying off eBay and rarely do it. That sucks really bad. Those emails sound like they are written by two different people, one for the polite one and another for all the rest, down to the bad grammar in the impolite ones. Clearly some sort of scammers.

Hope it works out for you, though I have my doubts!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Monkey Butt

I am not taking sides, but this whole thing could have been avoided if once you found that you had paid the wrong PayPal account (according to them) you could have gone to PayPal and cancelled the transaction, and paid the other account. That way they would be satisfied that the money was in the correct account and would have nothing left to do but send out the item. Now it is going to be a sucky drawn out process to get your money back, and still have the neg to deal with.
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Default Re: Monkey Butt

Quote Originally Posted by rpepper9
    I am not taking sides, but this whole thing could have been avoided if once you found that you had paid the wrong PayPal account (according to them) you could have gone to PayPal and cancelled the transaction, and paid the other account.
    Bit difficult when the premier/business account autoaccept payment they receive with no human intervention required. No way to cancel that on the buyer's end after clicking "pay".

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This sounds like scammers, but once I accidentally put in the wrong paypal address when I set up a few auctions. I had to e-mail the winners and ask them to cancel their payments and pay at the proper address.

One woman expressed some concern, but it all went smoothly and we had a laugh at my stupidity in the end.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    I am not taking sides, but this whole thing could have been avoided if once you found that you had paid the wrong PayPal account (according to them) you could have gone to PayPal and cancelled the transaction, and paid the other account.
    Bit difficult when the premier/business account autoaccept payment they receive with no human intervention required. No way to cancel that on the buyer's end after clicking "pay".
    It is possible under the following conditions. Either works in allowing you to cancel payment.

1. The e-mail address does not have a registered paypal account.

2. The account does not accept credit cards and you sent a credit card payment.

By the way, I'm sure he checked for this after being asked to send the money elsewhere.

Finally, good luck getting that money back. They probably deposited or spent it which leaves their account with a zero balance meaning paypal has nowhere to draw funds from. You will get an e-mail that says you won your case but paypal was unable to recover funds. In which case, you bend over and they shove your keyboard when you know it doesn't belong. BUT, you can still get your money back, call you credit card issuer and they will do a chargeback, which hits paypal for the money but you get yours. Paypal then charges the seller a $10 penalty for a chargeback which somehow they find a means to get that money, but when it comes to working for you they are MIA.
    Completed 60+ trades here on digital press.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate these people that sit around and try to scam people all day, and I wish death upon them. Have any of you sellers ever had an email asking you to ship to Africa and he wants the immediate purchase os said item but doesn't just click buy it now. He offered me $200 for a PS1 and said he would have FedEX sent to my house using his account and then pay me when it gets there. I told him to fuck off.

Is it me or does that bed look absolutely disgusting?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well Good Luck I hope everything works out

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

If they do end up negging you just reply to it that you refused to cave in to extortion.

Would ebay allow a line like "contact me for more info" added or would that be against the rules?

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, good luck on getting your money back. From the 3 bad transactions that I have had, PayPal could not get any money back. There is one transaction on here that I am going to do a charge back on if it is not here by tomorrow
    Tony

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

whats with the shite knitted mushroom bags in the sellers feedback .

chargeback matey, if it has cost them $20 for something at least theyre out of pocket, I have had to deal with far to many eBay idiots. that I hardly use it anymore.

try being nice to them and tell them your gonna pay up, but you need a week or so, meanwhile report their activities to ebay, and if your lucky you can get them suspended before they leave you feedback.
    http://www.videopac.org The Worlds only dedicated Videopac & Odyssey 2 forums.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitnes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem

1. The e-mail address does not have a registered paypal account.
    But the e-mail address did have a registered Paypal account.