Thread: OXM Demo Disc #48 -review

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default OXM Demo Disc #48 -review

Subscriber should have this or should be getting it, non subscribers: check your newsstands soon.

I guess this is becoming habit .

The demos:

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks-take the gameplay format of Final Fight and inject the story, style and brutality of Mortal Kombat and this is the outcome. Take control of Liu Kang or Kung Lao as you fight your way through the lair of Goro. The graphics are pretty good, the framerate smooth and the fighting is very intuitive. The enemy lock-on works very well and if you are surrounded, you can pummel your opponents with the character reacting accordingly (elbow smashes for enemies behind you, etc.). And yes, there be Fatalities that you earn but it looks as though you have to remember the combo for later. This game looks very, very promising.

Rainbow Six: Lockdown-has some odd problems and I'm not sure if it's my disc. I'll keep trying to see if I can get it to work.

Incredible Hulk:Ultimate Destruction-a very short demo. Basically you get two minutes to bash the bejeezus out of a section of the city. High jumps, run up buildings, pick up cars, bust up pavement....everything the Hulk should be able to do from the comics is represented. AFAIK in the full game you'll have to earn abilities (like turning a car into metal gloves for added punch damage). It's still a wild 2 minutes of power-up collecting and tank smashing. According to the demo if you find some "secrets" you can extend the length of the demo.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really enjoyed the Shaolin Monks demo. It's sold me on the game, and I don't even like past Mortal Kombat games. It's simply awesome.

I haven't played the new Rainbow Six demo, nor do I really care. I used to like R6, but now I'm like... meh. *looks at my Rainbow Six collector's edition*

The new Hulk demo was fun, but it was entirely too short. Lots of mindless destruction. I'll probably never get the game, but it would be awesome if Captain America or Iron Man show up. I'm more interested in Ultimate Spiderman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

Since I always get my goddamn subscription about a week after it hits newstands, is the Rainbow Six: Lockdown demo online? Thanks ...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For OXM is it always 3 demos? That just seems to be... too few for paying $10 an issue at newstands (dont know how expensive a sub. is)
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

...it's online Only. Which sucks, because I'd really like to try it out, split-screen Rainbow Six was awesome with the N64 version... and they cut it out of 3 x_x

Currently playing in my dreams: The Brutal Balad of Fangus Klot (Xbox) Citizen Siege (Xbox 360) Hand of Odd (Xbox 360)
    -----
    R.I.P. Oddworld Inhabitants - Long Live the Independent Developer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FoodMonster
    For OXM is it always 3 demos? That just seems to be... too few for paying $10 an issue at newstands (dont know how expensive a sub. is)
    It's usually between 2 to 4 depending on what demos they actually get by pressing time. You best bang for the buck is to spend $25 and get the subscription. You lose the plastic case but you save a ton of money.