Thread: Do you share your game room?

Peach (Level 3) ghostangelofcky's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Do you share your game room?

I was wondering how all you fellow Digitheads cope with this. Now my wife plays all of those Final Fantasy type games which is cool but those games take forever and my wife is one of those "I have to find every item" kinda players.
    I have already played and beaten every GBA game I own and even some Gamegear titles, "shows my sheer desperation"

My son likes to play also but that's different, I can have a blast playing 2 player with him. Any other room o doom sharers in here?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I share my room and my collection with my boyfriend, the collection shares its room with our bedroom, and the collection as a whole is shared between two houses since a fair chunk of it is still in storage at my mom's house (and happily used on occasions like right now when I get to visit). Our games are also used by his sister, brother, and several buddies. I don't mind it at all, and my boyfriend doesn't either. Usually, we encourage each other to play games MORE because we're both so busy and consumed with other things that neither of us play as much as we'd like. It's the PC that's a bitch to share. :/

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes my parents hang clothes in that room...

and there's a dryer in my "projector room". but still it could be worst...these items could be on the street

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Do you share your game room?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostangelofcky
    I was wondering how all you fellow Digitheads cope with this. Now my wife plays all of those Final Fantasy type games which is cool but those games take forever and my wife is one of those "I have to find every item" kinda players.
    I have already played and beaten every GBA game I own and even some Gamegear titles, "shows my sheer desperation"

My son likes to play also but that's different, I can have a blast playing 2 player with him. Any other room o doom sharers in here?
    I highly suggest Secret of Mana for SNES. I'm sure there are some more modern games that would also fit the bill.
    Completed 60+ trades here on digital press.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mines all to myself.. Because of the 72 inch tv, my parents and my sisters will watch tv on it.. Its all good though, i never play w/ my saturn or DC these days

Peach (Level 3) ghostangelofcky's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitnes

I highly suggest Secret of Mana for SNES. I'm sure there are some more modern games that would also fit the bill.

you lost me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

Absolutely my Room of Doom is shared. It's quite the hangout for the neighborhood kids. Wouldn't be any fun if I kept it all to myself.

Andrew, my MAME cab tester

Michael has recently "discovered" the Parker Brothers Atari 2600 Star Wars games. He likes Jedi Arena best.

Ian and my son Alex play a lot of Rampage. This is really funny because Ian's dad - an old high school chum - and I were big Rampage addicts when it first came out in 1987 or so. The apples haven't fallen far from the tree.

When I get a good enough collection of these pictures of kids I'm putting them in my RoD gallery to showcase something other than how much stuff I've got.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitnes

you lost me
    Secret of Mana is a multiplayer active-mode RPG. You can spend time with your wife and play games at the same time. Two birds with one stone
    Completed 60+ trades here on digital press.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Occasionally my younger sister and her friends like to play Mario Party. It is her Nintendo 64 so I let her.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I share my room of doom, More like my corner in my room is the doom of whats left of the clearing out of almost all my collection except for my ATARI stuff. Next to no one in my house will play ATARI with me but it would be shared if they dare.. (whoo ha ha!!).

In the living room the Dreamcast gets used by the whole family but the computer in the kitchen is used the most. So ya the video game outlets in my home are all shared and well used (some times abused).

Cheers & Here's To Sharing,

Shawn Sr.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, my Game Room is open to anyone that wants to come in, mostly because it has all the cool stuff.
    RIP Bargora.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got systems spread all over the house. It makes it easy because no matter what the wife is playing, I can just use one of the other systems. The downside is that she has been into FF XI lately so I haven't had much quality time with the PS2 in the past 6 months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my dad likes to play genesis, the only games he ever plays though are ms.packman, dr robotnicks mean bean machine, risk, monopoly, zombies ate my neighbors, bio-hazard battle, and zoop.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

Well up to about a month ago I didn't even have a room to put my collection in. I shared a room with my brother and he didn't let me put anything in the room, not even my clothes. The other room was taken by my other brother and I didn't even bother. So there was my parent's room, nope that didn't work. So I was stuck putting my computer and collection in the living room, it was alright though because my living room is pretty big. But now my brothers moved out, so I divided my collection into both of the rooms. It worked out quite nicely, and i have tons of spare room.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Yes..

My Son plays on the left TV..I play on the right TV..(TV's are side to side)..My wife can play on the TV next to the computer...but she mainly plays online games(Pogo.com)..All in the same room..
    (I have some spare tvs for company if they want to play something else)

The main reason I buy two systems of each is so my Son can play what he wants/sometimes buying two copies of games too.

For example:..My Son was playing GTA SA tonight and my wife was playing with him/taking turns doing things in the game..(PS2)
    I was playing Ace Combat 5..(PS2)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mehhh... Sort of.
    My game-room is my bedroom. So its not like there are streams of people waiting outside my room for me to wake up to play games.
    I think what gets the most 'outsider-play' in my room is my arcade cabinet. Sometimes I come upstairs and find my mom and dad playing a quick game of Super Mario Bros. before they go out for dinner.
    My little brother sometimes comes in and plays a few rounds of Super Smash Bros. Melee or something. But other than that, my game-room is all mine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My game room is my bedroom, so space is very limited. But I live in a house with 2 casual gamers, a non-gamer, and animals that don't have opposable thumbs, so I don't have to worry too much about sharing. My mom isn't as much of a gamer as she was when we first got the NES 12 years ago. Then she played Super Mario, Duck Hunt and Tetris almost as much as me. My dad also played those three games often, but hasn't played a video game since (although he did test out Gran Turismo 3 when I first hooked up my PS2, he's a racing fan so he had to try out the steering wheel my sister got for it) My sister used to play Animal Crossing a lot when I first got it, so she'd go in my room and hog my GameCube for hours. The PS1 is hers, so when it was still hooked up she'd play a lot of CoolBoarders and Crash Team Racing and other Bandicoot games, but it got disconnected when she got new furniture and her bureau where her TV is is too high so the plug doesn't reach! She also used to have the SNES and Genesis in her room and played a few of those games occasionally. The only thing I have to share now is my Atari TV Games joystick which my mom stole and it's still trapped in the living room where my mom killed the batteries playing too much Centipede. She also borrows my sister's GBASP (no hands on my NES edition SP!) and NamcoMuseum and other arcade ports for the GBA. One day she begged me to let her try Halo. That was amusing. She also wants to play DDR at some point. I'm afraid she'll like it too much and be bothering me at all hours of the day.

When my boyfriend and I finally move in together, we'll have a combined collection to be reckoned with (although it's still going to be massively smaller than most people on this site) and we'll only have to share with each other, and we share quite well. I'm hoping when we get a house, we can redo the basement into a game room and set everything up in one big space, maybe even get some arcade cabinets. It's one of my dreams. Another one of them is to finally convince my boyfriend to hook up his 2600. He refuses to because he wants to "preserve it" I keep arguing that you can preserve something and still play it! It's called "taking good care of it" DUH! Argh!
    ~Gaz~

"Video games develop hand-eye coordination and turn children into better human beings!" ~ Professor Membrane on Invader ZIM"

Animal Crossing Info:
    Town: Odnetnin
    Name: Gaz
    Code: 0730-7620-4738
    Fruits: Pears, Peaches
    Gates Open: Random

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most of my family members are well equiped when it comes to games. My Brother has all the CD consoles he likes best, and my Dad has an Xbox stocked full of roms.

But my handhelds still get raided. Everyone seems to want to beat my WarioWare scores!! (No one plays the Kingdom Hearts GBA sP, thats for Bacon only).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

When my nephews come over, they can play my arcade games all they want. Kids around 4-9 seem to go straight to Pac-Man. The older one loves Galaga. But most of my console collection is off limits except for the Inty, NES, 0^2, and Atari 2600, because my sister is familiar with those games. She played most of them with me, growing up.

She doesn't want her kids playing more recent games - She's not familiar with them. Except for Shrek and Spongebob. But I don't have those games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"My" room has not been mine since I was 10 years old. Thats when I got a pet Reeve's turtle. So he has been with me through the good old days. To the dark age fall of home gaming and back to the halcyon days. He has witnessed some great victories and some controllers get abused when victory was not to be. Since his addition, some years later came a Painted and a Cooter turtle. So it is "mine" but we share. They don't care for the Mario take on turtles (at least I don't think they do).
    With a humble heart, on bended knee...