Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 unreleased games now on Ebay - Rent A Hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Monkey Butt

Ok so I guess I am the Asshole. I find that my auctions go for higher prices and have better results when I have QUALITY PHOTOS. how many times has ther been a thread on the DP boards talking about bad photos, or how much crap it is when people use the stock photos eBay offers. So how is this any different? Because people expect crap photos when buying unreleased games? I don't see the correlation. Photos are everything, everybody flames crap photos, but in this case it is different? I don't see it, I guess it is because I don't buy these kind of games, but that still doesn't make me a dumbass for saying that the photos are sub-par! Also when making 300.00 a diskyou might think that a digital camera would not be such a outlandish purchase.

Just my thoughts......let the flaming start but I thought these forums were pretty much a kinda free speach area, where everyone has a thought, and people were pretty nice to people. But maybe I am incorrect? Fuck Me!
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Default Re: Monkey Butt

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu
    If the item doesnt sell because of the picture its his fault and no one elses.
    Oh wait... I wasnt disagreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by rpepper9
    I find that my auctions go for higher prices and have better results when I have QUALITY PHOTOS.
    Read what I said in my earlier post. If it doesnt sell, then its his fault. I wasnt coming down on you but to say if you wernt happy (as a potental buyer) with the pics do something about it. Yes his pics sucked. There is no doubting that. I never argued that and when looking at some I really had to strain (there were a few lot pics that he had where I couldnt tell half of what was in there)

how many times has ther been a thread on the DP boards talking about bad photos, or how much crap it is when people use the stock photos eBay offers. So how is this any different?
    These arnt stock photos and alot of the time when it comes to pictures people dont do anything about them (or even care that the auction is up because its not their thing), but gang up and shit on someone. Do I always stand up for every one? No. BUT I will stand up for fellow DP'ers (theres that community thing you were talking about) especially when they are being slandered for no reason (the legitimacy of the games) as well as point out pictures that arnt the shit that people think they are. http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67489

Your not an asshole, and DP is still a great place. Game ON!
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="PapaStu"]

Did ya ever think to ASK for another picture? Or were you just content with complaining about a blurry one. YES, I know that its blurry but if I was to dump money on something like that, i'd (shock gasp) ASK FOR ANOTHER PICTURE!
    Wouldn't it just be common sense for the seller to include a clear photo in the first place rather than making potential bidders ask for one? If a seller posts an auction with pictures like those yet has the ability to provide better clearer ones on request instantly I'm thinking that he was just trying to hide something in the first place. After all, what other reason is there to purposely post crap photos when you have better ones?

Its clear that there's at least a few people here who wouldn't bid on these auctions because of the poor quality photos. After all, his auctions are for one of a kind items, not your run of themill common games. Quality pics are a must in this situation. Besides, it could have prevented this type of thread where people question the items authenticity.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the seller isn't on the up and up. The fact that people here have vouched for him would probably be enough for me. But I agree, if it were a stranger who posted these auctions with those pics no way would he have have gotten the free pass that this guy did.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Wouldn't it just be common sense for the seller to include a clear photo in the first place rather than making potential bidders ask for one? If a seller posts an auction with pictures like those yet has the ability to provide better clearer ones on request instantly I'm thinking that he was just trying to hide something in the first place. After all, what other reason is there to purposely post crap photos when you have better ones?
    I post my crap photos because I don't own a nice digital camera. I'm not the slightest bit interested in taking photos of anything, which is why I have my piece of junk that's only used for the very few times I need one. If someone had requested better photos, I would've just borrowed a better camera, but no one did. If someone was seriously interested and needed better photos, they should have asked, plain and simple.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's a big difference between needing quality pictures for a boxed NES games and pictures for a CD proto. 1) It's just a picture of a CD with a scribbled game name on it. 2) Everyone who collects protos knows who TDE is and trusts that his stuff is legit. It's *totally* different that the situation for mass market games, where a hundred sellers are offering "boxed mint" versions of Game X and all have totally different ideas of what mint means. The proto community is small - I don't think it's really necessary to provide tons of photos, and I don't think there's anyone willing to pay 500 bucks for Rent a Hero who doesn't know TDE.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Geez I didn't mean to start a whole argument. I was just saying a picture of the game playing on his XboX would have been nice. That's just something I do anyway with normal game auctions.

And assuming that anyone who'd collect protos already knows the seller is a little alienating. Admittedly I don't have a grand to spend, but I would definately be interested at some point to get into buying unreleased English RPGs. And that auction right there would not have swayed my pocket book, of course I would have also contacted the seller and tried to confirm the authenticity of the item as well.

And of course if I were to buy one, one thousand dollar game, if I didn't know Dreaming already, I certainly would afterwards.