View Poll Results: Which "major" system of the 1990 SUCKS?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm going to have to say Super Nintendo

5 1.79%
  • I'm going to have to say Sega Genesis

0 0%
  • I'm going with 3DO

56 20.00%
  • I'm gonna have to say Neo-Geo/Neo Geo CD

3 1.07%
  • I have to put my vote on the Sega 32X

54 19.29%
  • No question, I have to go with Atari Jaguar

79 28.21%
  • Sega CD sucked big time. That's my pick.

15 5.36%
  • The TurboDuo was lame. Hu cards and CD's sucked

5 1.79%
  • The Sega Saturn was a total freaking dud. Admit it!

6 2.14%
  • Playstation, Gaystation, that system sucked. I don't care what anybody says!

23 8.21%
  • The Nintendo 64 was an abomination to gaming! Yuck!

32 11.43%
  • Sega Dreamcast deserved to die a painfull death, and should have died sooner!

2 0.71%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst "Major" Game System of the 1990's!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Worst "Major" Game System of the 1990's!

Ok, we are going to take a look at the decade of the 1990's and vote on the worst "major" game system of the decade.

This is sure to start quite a bit of discussion and arguing.

Could be very interesting.

Now, let me explain what I mean by "major". Basically, what I mean is that we aren't going to consider the minor and insignificant consoles of the 1990's. I would love to include them, but the inherent problem with doing that, is that it gives people an easy out. If we only can choose from the major systems, it means that some systems that have a nice fan base are going to get trashed. And that makes for some intriguing discussion.

So here we go..........

Make your vote, and make it an honest, legitimate vote. Try to avoid the fanboyism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this topic is looking for trouble :P

I really liked all of the systems on the list, none of them SUCKED, but out of the list I would haveto say 32x was the worst. Only a handful of games worth playing, and no killer aps, and a small library of games that only some pushed the systems power.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I voted for the Atari Jaguar. That system had more crap on it than gems. Tempest 2000 was good, and just about everything else sucked. My cousin owned one back in the day, and I remember that he didn't keep it too long.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    squidlike

My experience with some of the things on that list is extremely limited, but I would have to say Jaguar.

Most of the other systems seem to get a lot of great reviews, but the Jag, most people only mention Tempest 2000 as the game to have.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Def'n the Jaguar.

I use to buy these atari games from this home business that sold atari products and the lady had a test system for Jaguar there ( it wasn't out for like another month ) and she was going on about how it is going to blow other systems away and its the top of the line technology. Anyways I tried this thing out, and what a POS. I was like the SNES is already out and it owns this thing badly .....

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also want to say that I actually enjoy all of these systems quite a bit. Some for weird reasons, but I enjoy them all.

Of course, having said that, it was very easy for me to vote 32X.

That system blew some Campbells chunky noodle if you ask me.

That was a system that just left me feeling used and abused.

Still, I have a nice little collection of 32X carts, and I hope to get more in the near future! But still, it did suck.

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if you can call some of these "systems". A couple of them were just add ons to the Genesis. will, whatever, the 32X still gets me vote for crappest system of the 90's. I mean, did it even have one game that was truly worth buying and playing for it? Atleast the 3DO had Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo going for it. But the 32X?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

I am going to have to go with the 3DO. I have never played the 32X or Jag, but I know my sisters boyfriend bought the 3DO back during its time, and man did it suck! IMO the best thing it had going for it was "alone in the dark". I would actually sit there and play GEN MK over anything 3DO

PSN: SouthRox

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to give the 32x another vote. The Jaguar wasn't the greatest but there were a few good games like AvP,Tempest 2k,Raiden etc. I pretty much hated every game on the the 32x. Kolibri looks decent but i've never played it. Also the Jaguar had a larger game library and better graphics.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Chatoix is probably my favorite Sonic game, and Sonic's not even playable. It's worth it. I bought it back then at release, and it's still worth it, damnit.

I voted playstation, it's got a couple games I like, but...just one of those "kill the sega console" systems, but that's opinion of course.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Worst "Major" Game System of the 1990's!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Now, let me explain what I mean by "major". Basically, what I mean is that we aren't going to consider the minor and insignificant consoles of the 1990's. I would love to include them, but the inherent problem with doing that, is that it gives people an easy out. If we only can choose from the major systems, it means that some systems that have a nice fan base are going to get trashed. And that makes for some intriguing discussion.
    Ummm.. *coughs*

3DO + Jaguar = "major"... GBC + Virtual Boy != "major"?

So here we go..........

Make your vote, and make it an honest, legitimate vote. Try to avoid the fanboyism.
    Well... no way would I consider the Genesis or SNES. Period. Anyone who does is either sick in the head or a criminal, possibly both.

The 32X and Sega CD weren't really "systems" in my eyes. They were add on upgrades to the Genesis. Otherwise, the 32X would have been in contention.

The Jaguar and 3DO were both tempting - but they came out during a dearth of console gaming (remember, this was when everyone was "wowed" by Myst and the market had a GLUT of these terrible awful slideshow games - the first major crushing blow to the Adventure game), and both managed some pretty neat stuff (Penn and Teller , Panic! (which one videogame magazine, I think it was the grand and mighty "Videogames", gave a 1 to)) and they both have one "killer ap" (Tempest 2000, Gex). So, no.

The N64 was INCREDIBLY tempting, and I'm actually wishing now I could go back and change my vote. However, it had Mario, and Mario loves everyone, he is a plumber, he fights the Koopas, GO MARIO GO GO GO!

Meanwhile, the Sega Saturn has absolutely nothing that I can't play on a current gen system (Panzer Dragoon, NiGHTS into English Class? UH REZ THANK YOU VERY MUCH. OH WAIT, YOU HAVE KING OF FIGHTERS which I have for Dreamcast... but that Radiant Silvergun would look pretty good, if, you know, it wasn't $100), plus controllers that were almost as bad as the N64, PLUS it was giant and bulky, PLUS it was expensive, and in addition to all of that...

...Virtua Fighter sucked.

Meh. I should have really voted for the N64. Damn it damn it damn it. Well... umm... at least it has four controller ports (he said, in an attempt to rationalize the evil he had just committed). I mean...

*sighs*

Yeah, Sega Saturn had a couple cool 3D fighters. Virtua Fighter Kids and Fighters Megamix.

...of course, N64 had Super Smash Brothers, plus it also had... um... you know, a bunch of sad DOOM clones that weren't as fun as everyone said they were, even played on a giant screen (MATH CLASS: 1/4TH of a GIANT screen = STILL A PRETTY SMALL WINDOW TO FIGHT IN THERE BILL). Oh, and a lot of happy DOOM clones where instead of shooting things you were bouncing on their heads and casting magick spells. I LOVE MAGICK LONG LIVE N64 SATURN SUX.

(yeah, I should have voted N64)

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm...I think the 32x system has two or three games worth playing, but I'm not gonna pick it cause it's an add on and wasn't an all out base design failure such as....

The Jaguar. Just pure crap. I can't really say much else. I just hate it. After that I would probably give second place to the Neo Geo CD. You will be watching juggling monkeys forever. For simple shooters and platformers though, it works well. 3rd place would probably be 3DO. Lots of shit, but I do like a lot of games on it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, voting for the Saturn was a big mistake.

There are a number of systems on that list that definitely should walk away from this with no votes, but people are going to be bold and sometimes choose a system for shock value.

In regards to the take that the 32X and Sega CD weren't systems, I totally disagree with that.

Sure, technically they were add-on's, but they had their own unique and private, game librarys.

To play a Sega CD game, you needed a Sega CD, and that was the only way you could play it.

To play 32X games, you needed a 32X, and that was the only way you would play 32X games.

Both of those "SYSTEMS" have a unique flavor that is all their own, and they should be treated as unique systems by themselves.

I could have put Neo Geo cart and Neo Geo CD as seperate systems, and I could have put a TG-16 and a turboDuo as seperate systems, but I just didn't want the list to go on forever.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

I voted for 3DO... I actually like quite a few of the Jaguar and 32X titles so I couldn't vote for either of those two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

3DO has Road Rash and Killing Time...

Jaguar has Tempest and Alien Vs. Predator....

I'll have to go with the 32X, seeing as how you didn't include the Nintendo Virtual Boy as an option

Those jokers who voted DC: Justify your choice. Seriously.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I voted N64. (Like anyone is shocked)

Terrible controller, blurry games, fog abound.

A shameful way for the cartridge format to go out on.

Oh, did i mention i hate that friggin controller?

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Strawberry (Level 2) mizarkgram's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Me no Likey Sega CD.... then again.. I havent really tested it its selection as much as I have some of the other systems, and I held my judgement for systems I havent played yet (Like the 32X and Neo Geos)
    Feedback
    DP
    AA
    eBay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I voted Sega Cd, but I agree none of the systems sucked

I actualyl was looking for the 32x on the poll and skipped by it, so that's why i voted for the sega cd, o well it's all good

but I think that the 32x was the worst system because of the games were mediocre and really nothing special on it. pretty dissapointing systemish thing it was.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Without a shadow of a doubt, the PS1, how could this system beat out Nintendo's, Ill never quite understand, where were people's heads back then...*shakes head in disgust"

When PSX was out all I saw was:

A huge library of games containing 99% of crap
    Slooooow, annoying, stupid loading times
    Bad, pixelated graphics, god they were awful
    A controller that was just a bunch of ideas copied by the N64
    Only 2 controller ports

PSX was the suckiest of the lot,

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have no idea acctualy. I havnt tried half of these consoles (like 32x, turbo duo, sega cd, 3do, jaguar). But I guess most of these never "made it".

I did try saturn some months ago and that sucked compared to PSX, atleast the 3d games. But I guess Saturn was great back in the days