Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Pictures FMV Collection coming to XBOX!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Digital Pictures FMV Collection coming to XBOX!

Damn, don't you wish this was freaking true?

Imagine if somebody were to get the rights to all of the Digital Pictures Full Motion Video games. Stuff like Ground Zero Texas, Night Trap, Sewer Shark, Supreme Warrior, etc , etc.

Take the original footage, remaster it in the highest resolution possible, in it's native aspect ratio, and remix the sound with a 5.1 soundtrack.

The footage could be totally full screen, and it should be pretty freaking crystal clear. With the 5.1 sound and quick responsive controls, that would be a sweet thing.

Hopefully it would cause somebody to take a chance and make a modern day, big budget FMV game.

But until then, give me a crystal clear version of Ground Zero Texas with a remixed 5.1 audio track.

That shit would rock on my 113" dream machine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1.Isn't this just a misleading topic to get everyones hopes up?

2.Does anyone care about the big screen you have(sorry but it's been mentioned before).

Sorry for being such an ass, but you kind of got my hopes up there.

:/

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CreamSoda
    1.Isn't this just a misleading topic to get everyones hopes up?

2.Does anyone care about the big screen you have(sorry but it's been mentioned before).

Sorry for being such an ass, but you kind of got my hopes up there.

:/

Yeah, it's definitely a misleading topic, and I'm sure that I've probably pissed somebody off, because they were thinking, "Yes, finally," and then they read and they find out it's a "only if" topic.

The thing is, I'm trying to get your reaction to this as if maybe it really was true. What would you think of such a collection?

We have different retro collections coming out all the time. Why not a Full Motion Video Collection?

Heck, it's possible it could even be done on regular DVD, and you just play it in a regular DVD player, although using the remote would suck pretty bad.

But you think about the Sonic collections and all the different collections coming out, it would be awesome if they did a Digital Pictures collection.

I wonder who would have the rights for those movies now? Would it be possible to get that old footage, the orignal footage on 35mm. You know 35mm, can actually be converted to HD. Could you imagine..... Seeing Ground Zero Texas in High Def? They could definitely remix the sound, although that would be a pain in the ass as well.

I would love to talk with Tom Zito. Anybody got his cell number?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I don't know how anyone could stomach playing Ground Zero Texas. o_O I mean, I love a good, cheesy FMV game, but that is one of the most insipid, dull games in existence. O_o

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm sorry. As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm, that's the worst idea I've heard all week.

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm gonna have to go with Redeye on this one. What that hell would ever make somebody want to go out and spend their hard earned money on an updated version of garbage like Corpse Killer? They'd be better off sending their money away to one of those 419 schemes then wasting it on a Digital Pictures collection.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shouldn't we just ignore these relics from that dark age when FMV was "the future" of gaming?

Reminds me of when PC Gamer reviewed the "re-release" of Mad Dog McCree....it got the lowest score ever in the magazine (4% I believe).

Why would anyone pay for a "game" that has zero replay value AGAIN?

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Cherry (Level 1) DaBargainHunta's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Yeah, it's definitely a misleading topic, and I'm sure that I've probably pissed somebody off, because they were thinking, "Yes, finally," and then they read and they find out it's a "only if" topic.
    *Raises hand*

Yeah, I'm pissed.

I know some of these games aren't "classics" in the strictest definition of the word, but I had fun with 'em - especially Night Trap.

Thanks for nothing, Anthony1. :/
    Formerly the poster known as Retro Pro

My review of Road Trip for PS2: http://digitpress.com/reviews/roadtrip.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man this thread is a prick-tease.

Anyway, I would pick something like this up, but the DVD releases of games such as Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective & Dragon's Lair are sufficient.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    The thing is, I'm trying to get your reaction to this as if maybe it really was true. What would you think of such a collection?
    Then why not change the topic to say "What would you think of a Digital Pictures collection?" or something less misleading?

At any rate, I bet it would look like shit on my 120" Dream Machine. My 120" Dream Machine wasn't designed for poor-quality FMV gaming.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

1. Anthony1...seriously bro....STFU about anything that has to do with:
    a. a television or monitor
    b. any type of resolution
    c. any sort of three letter abbreviation that inlcudes the letters R, G, or B.
    d. The word 'scart'
    e. Anything found in your house related to entertainment.

2. Misleading topics do not make a for good company. They also waste others times and bandwidth space.

3. Being a huge Sewer Shark and Night Trap fan, I would whole heartedly have to disagree with you. Half the amusement of said titles (and all other Digital Pictures) games was just how cheesy they were, specifically because of their grainy and god awful visuals that people were touting the "future of gaming" was to anyone who believed FMV was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

After games like Xenosaga/Gears that abused the cut scene time to the point of being a freaking movie, no one in their right mind would by a Digital Pictures remake disc. Between Live and Slam City, any Street Fighter and Supreme Warrior, any FPS and Sewer Shark, and any game period or Night Trap, the only thing DP that would come close to my game systems would be the Digital Press price guide.

Moral of story:
    a. No more fake topics
    b. No more talk of owned electronics. Ever.

Off to go sell Maddens way too early in the morning.

Jason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I thought FMV was probably the worst era of gaming. Ever. It was the ultimate sacrifice of graphics over gameplay. There are probably more joystick moves in the first level or two of Pac-Man than there are in the entire Dragon's Lair game. FMV were a technology experiment gone wrong. Sure, they introduced the magic of CD-Roms (and crappy video comperession) to the general public, but usually at the cost of gaming quality. Phantasmagoria, which came on 11 CD's, is simply not a better game than the old Sierra games, which will fit on a 1.44 floppy.

I'm as old school as the next guy, but FMV sucked and if they remastered old FMV games for new systems it would simply be a waste of everybody's time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heck, it's possible it could even be done on regular DVD, and you just play it in a regular DVD player, although using the remote would suck pretty bad.
    I had Dragon's Lair on DVD and it did suck using the remote to try and control the "action". I sold it off after about a week.

I probably would pick up a Digital Pictures collection, but it would have to be super cheap -- like $20 for all of the games on one or two discs.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Making something like that would be too much of a niche title, and the payoff likely wouldn't outweigh the costs.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd love to see a high-def/Dolby 5.1 version of the very pleasantly cheesy Night Trap. It'd actually be an easier sell than a DP compilation, especially if its "controversial" background was promoted.

-- Z.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

everyone rags on FMVs, but face it, they are a permanent part of gaming now, as even freakin handheld games are required to have them.

like the gameplay or not, dragons lair and night trap are both well known video games for their own reasons.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Koch
    I had Dragon's Lair on DVD and it did suck using the remote to try and control the "action". I sold it off after about a week.

I probably would pick up a Digital Pictures collection, but it would have to be super cheap -- like $20 for all of the games on one or two discs.
    I've got Space Ace on DVD and there is a pause as the player reads the disc after every input.

Totally unplayable, but I kept it because it includes video of a perfect run and interviews and stuff.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy
    1. Anthony1...seriously bro....STFU about anything that has to do with:
    a. a television or monitor
    b. any type of resolution
    c. any sort of three letter abbreviation that inlcudes the letters R, G, or B.
    d. The word 'scart'
    e. Anything found in your house related to entertainment.

2. Misleading topics do not make a for good company. They also waste others times and bandwidth space.

3. Being a huge Sewer Shark and Night Trap fan, I would whole heartedly have to disagree with you. Half the amusement of said titles (and all other Digital Pictures) games was just how cheesy they were, specifically because of their grainy and god awful visuals that people were touting the "future of gaming" was to anyone who believed FMV was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

After games like Xenosaga/Gears that abused the cut scene time to the point of being a freaking movie, no one in their right mind would by a Digital Pictures remake disc. Between Live and Slam City, any Street Fighter and Supreme Warrior, any FPS and Sewer Shark, and any game period or Night Trap, the only thing DP that would come close to my game systems would be the Digital Press price guide.

Moral of story:
    a. No more fake topics
    b. No more talk of owned electronics. Ever.

Off to go sell Maddens way too early in the morning.

Jason
    Amen!

Not only did you get my hopes up, but you've pissed me off too, no one gives a shit about your TV and no one likes misleading topics.

Thanks, thanks for that.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Ever think of making a topic where you don't mention your TV?
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

OMG you have a big screen?????

I'm going to have to side with dangerboy on this, nobody cares. I think you should mislead people a little bit more.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew