Thread: Anybody ever played Everblue 2?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anybody ever played Everblue 2?

You think you've seen it all, and then BAM somebody trades in a game you've never heard of.

Anybody played Everblue 2 on PS2?

It appears to be a video game about deep-sea diving. Kind of a cross between a simulation and an RPG (there's hit points, poison, and looting treasure to buy better gear).

I'm guessing it's rather rare, anybody want to send me some paypal cash and I can buy it for them?

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I briefly owned Everblue [the first], which was also about undersea exploration, diving for treasure, filming sealife, etc.

Interesting concept, wasn't it?
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh yes, I played it.

It is one of the most underrated games of this console generation, and the best 'underwater'-game I played so far.

It is actually a RPG in disguise. The simple story is effectively incorporated into gameplay, and even the archaic point-and-click window interface on land doesn't hamper the gameplay experience at all. It is about collecting items, the feeling of exploring the ocean is intense, and fortunately game developers forgot about sim aspects of diving at the right time: the moment you can lift huge trucks from the ocean floor is fun and rewarding.

It is one of the games which starts slow, and is getting better and better the more you play it; surprises and twists are a aplenty. If played to the end, you are rewarded with one of the best gameplay experiences I had in the last couple of years.

...and who doesn't like to create his own aquarium with fantastic sea-life and swim around in the midst of sharks and big manta rays?

The game shows the potential of underwater games; with better procuction values, refined stories, great graphics, the delicate balance between realism and unrealistic smooth gameplay, and fantastic surreal scenarios underwater games could be a hit. RPGs, third- and first person- shooters, adventure games, hack 'n slash...all genres are open for underwater games. Too bad that developers don't make use of the deep ocean for their games.

Underwater games are terribly neglected and deserve better production values.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ditto x2 for everything lendelin said.

I got it for Xmas last year & most of January was consumed (yes, CONSUMED!!!) by this game. It's very unique & fun. It's definitely THE BEST GAME I've played this year, or in quite awhile (& that includes God of War). Yes, it's that good. You have to have an appreciation of offbeat, "different", under-the-radar games to fully "get" what this game's about/can offer.

There's a total feeling of accomplishment each time you discover a new underwater location to explore- sunken boats, a submarine, & a jet. I recall seeing that jet loom into view & I just went "whoooaaa..." It was so cool. I nearly wet myself the first time I saw a Great White shark (& it saw me!) & I remember playing STANDING UP from excitement & doing a little dance ( ) when I finally made enough $ to buy a house!

Plus, I dont think you can "finish" the game- I mean, there doesnt seem to be a point when you're DONE. I played a little past the credits rolling (no, that's not the end!) & stopped w/ just a bit more exploring to do.

All in all, a great game- I definitely recommend it. Another of those PS2 games that goes unnoticed by the masses hooked on big-budget blockbusters. One magazine reviewer/editor had the presence of mind to put it on his personal "best game" list the year it came out.

Here's my personal review!
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/review/R88029.html
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

It's an older title and has been discussed here before:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...light=everblue

Feel free to add to that thread, I'll close this so we've got just one to direct people to in future.