Thread: Paypal woes ...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Paypal woes ...

I have a slight problem ..

I sold a PS2 a while back, and the buyer paid with Paypal - but claims it never arrived. It was posted, fully insured, with Royal Mail standard parcels.

I submitted a claim to them for the item, which they are processing - but in the meantime the buyer has claimed their money back through Paypal. There was no money in my account, so they have given me a negative balance and suspended the account.

The problem is, Royal Mail tell me that the only thing that they are waiting for is for the buyer to sign and return a form affirming that they did not receive the item - which they have not yet done. Nor is the buyer responding to my emails any more.

And despite having all the evidence for this, including all the claims forms, copies of the receipt, insurance details, and a Royal Mail claim reference - Paypal are insisting that they will find in favour of the buyer, because it isn't trackable online (as if anyone would pay Datapost for a PS2?!)

Any suggestions anyone?

And what happens if they "find in favour of the buyer"? Can they take money directly from my bank account? Should I sever the links with my bank account now?

Vroomfunkel
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Paypal woes ...

I sold a PS2 a while back, and the buyer paid with Paypal - but claims it never arrived. It was posted, fully insured, with Royal Mail standard parcels.

I submitted a claim to them for the item, which they are processing - but in the meantime the buyer has claimed their money back through Paypal. There was no money in my account, so they have given me a negative balance and suspended the account.

The problem is, Royal Mail tell me that the only thing that they are waiting for is for the buyer to sign and return a form affirming that they did not receive the item - which they have not yet done. Nor is the buyer responding to my emails any more.

And despite having all the evidence for this, including all the claims forms, copies of the receipt, insurance details, and a Royal Mail claim reference - Paypal are insisting that they will find in favour of the buyer, because it isn't trackable online (as if anyone would pay Datapost for a PS2?!)

Any suggestions anyone?

And what happens if they "find in favour of the buyer"? Can they take money directly from my bank account? Should I sever the links with my bank account now?

Vroomfunkel
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Should I sever the links with my bank account now?
    you should never hook paypal to a bank account anyways

also, you NEED to provide tracking for EVERYTHING shipped via paypal. if its over a certain amount, you need signature confirmation as well. paypal tells you this in their rules. don't EVER send anything without tracking.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Should I sever the links with my bank account now?
    you should never hook paypal to a bank account anyways

also, you NEED to provide tracking for EVERYTHING shipped via paypal. if its over a certain amount, you need signature confirmation as well. paypal tells you this in their rules. don't EVER send anything without tracking.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only service that provides *ONLINE* tracking for a package of that size is outrageously expensive, and no buyer would ever pay it.

There is absolutely no point in having Paypal as a seller if it is not hooked to a bank account, because otherwise you can't take out any money that you receive.

The fact is that the package was fully insured, and there is complete proof of this. There is easily verifiable evidence that the insurance claim has been lodged - Royal Mail provide a complaint reference number, I have letters from them, etc.

The buyer claims they have not received the package - but apparently is not willing to sign their name to that fact.

That is the situation, and that is what I am asking advice about - there's no point trying to tell me what you think I should have done beforehand, that is of no use at all except possibly to make you feel superior. Is that what you're after?

Vroomfunkel

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only service that provides *ONLINE* tracking for a package of that size is outrageously expensive, and no buyer would ever pay it.

There is absolutely no point in having Paypal as a seller if it is not hooked to a bank account, because otherwise you can't take out any money that you receive.

The fact is that the package was fully insured, and there is complete proof of this. There is easily verifiable evidence that the insurance claim has been lodged - Royal Mail provide a complaint reference number, I have letters from them, etc.

The buyer claims they have not received the package - but apparently is not willing to sign their name to that fact.

That is the situation, and that is what I am asking advice about - there's no point trying to tell me what you think I should have done beforehand, that is of no use at all except possibly to make you feel superior. Is that what you're after?

Vroomfunkel

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Can't you contact any law enforcement officers at wherever the package was sent? They should be able to help out.

Oh, and you -can- get money out of Paypal without a bank account. It just takes at least three weeks (in the US) for them to mail you a check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Can't you contact any law enforcement officers at wherever the package was sent? They should be able to help out.

Oh, and you -can- get money out of Paypal without a bank account. It just takes at least three weeks (in the US) for them to mail you a check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When you put insurance on a package you do get some sort of tracking number. I would e-mail paypal support about it and explained the situation. Then take if from there.
    Have you tried to call the buyer btw?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When you put insurance on a package you do get some sort of tracking number. I would e-mail paypal support about it and explained the situation. Then take if from there.
    Have you tried to call the buyer btw?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That really sucks, paypal customer service is deffinitly lacking in points and they really need to address the rules. Paypal can't take any money out of your account dont worry about that. Id just sit it out, I think paypal will rule in your favor, was it a confirmed address?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That really sucks, paypal customer service is deffinitly lacking in points and they really need to address the rules. Paypal can't take any money out of your account dont worry about that. Id just sit it out, I think paypal will rule in your favor, was it a confirmed address?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Paypal woes ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vroomfunkel

Any suggestions anyone?

Vroomfunkel
    I doubt there's anything you can do except get over it. PayPal has a history of doing this. Seriously, if yoiu're a dishonest person you can have anything you want for free. all you have to do is keep purchasing things, pay with PayPal and claim you never get them. As long as the seller doesn't have delivery confirmation you'll get your money back almost every time. This is why I push BidPay in my auctions.

Paypal can't take any money out of your account dont worry about that.
    Excuse me? They most certainly can and will. If you're saying this only because he has no money in the account then your technically right but he's still screwed. Now he has a PayPal account in the red. He'll loose anymoney deposited to in in the future untill the palance is paid. If he just says fuck'em then PayPal will eventually report you to a collection agency and fuck your credit rating up which is usually worse than losing the money in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Paypal woes ...

Any suggestions anyone?

Vroomfunkel
    I doubt there's anything you can do except get over it. PayPal has a history of doing this. Seriously, if yoiu're a dishonest person you can have anything you want for free. all you have to do is keep purchasing things, pay with PayPal and claim you never get them. As long as the seller doesn't have delivery confirmation you'll get your money back almost every time. This is why I push BidPay in my auctions.

Paypal can't take any money out of your account dont worry about that.
    Excuse me? They most certainly can and will. If you're saying this only because he has no money in the account then your technically right but he's still screwed. Now he has a PayPal account in the red. He'll loose anymoney deposited to in in the future untill the palance is paid. If he just says fuck'em then PayPal will eventually report you to a collection agency and fuck your credit rating up which is usually worse than losing the money in the first place.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper

<----------- Not in the US.

I am pretty sure Paypal don't send out cheques in the UK. I've never seen that option anywhere, at least.

As for law enforcement ... well, we shall see. If actually lose any money then I will look into that.

In the meantime, I had a quick Google check on the address where I sent the item, which was a business address - and it does exist at least. So if any money is taken from me, I will pursue three routes:

1) Contact the company in question and make a written complaint about their employee.
    2) Contact the local police force and ask them to investigate
    3) File a claim in the UK Small Claims Court.

Hopefully it won't come to that - but I would like to think that if it did, having all that lot land on their doorstep at once might prompt them to sort things out without my having to go the whole way through with all of them

But if needs be, I would!!! I hate fraudsters ...

Vroomfunkel

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper

<----------- Not in the US.

I am pretty sure Paypal don't send out cheques in the UK. I've never seen that option anywhere, at least.

As for law enforcement ... well, we shall see. If actually lose any money then I will look into that.

In the meantime, I had a quick Google check on the address where I sent the item, which was a business address - and it does exist at least. So if any money is taken from me, I will pursue three routes:

1) Contact the company in question and make a written complaint about their employee.
    2) Contact the local police force and ask them to investigate
    3) File a claim in the UK Small Claims Court.

Hopefully it won't come to that - but I would like to think that if it did, having all that lot land on their doorstep at once might prompt them to sort things out without my having to go the whole way through with all of them

But if needs be, I would!!! I hate fraudsters ...

Vroomfunkel

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ye.. really boring when stuff like this happeds.
    Please post updates.
    Hope all works out ok

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ye.. really boring when stuff like this happeds.
    Please post updates.
    Hope all works out ok

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I don't understand something -- how does tracking work in the UK? In the US, if you buy Delivery Confirmation, you CAN track the status of that online.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I don't understand something -- how does tracking work in the UK? In the US, if you buy Delivery Confirmation, you CAN track the status of that online.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion