A friend has given me his Xbox to look at.

He has a game inside, which the console won't acknowledge being in there ~ When trying to boot up the spindle inside sounds like it's stuttering, and the Xbox software does not show an icon for the game in the main title screen as it should...

To make matters worse, I can't seem to get the disc out either. Pressing the eject button has no effect whatsoever.

He has since bought a new Xbox, but he does want the game out if possible. He also wants me to salvage the hard-drive too and transplant it into his new Xbox, but that will have to wait until my Xbox screwdrivers come in the mail...

I notice there is a small hole just underneath the disc drawer... Is this a manual eject interface perhaps? If so, how does one use it (Obviously i'd need a paper clip or something, but then what?)

The last resort is (And will be) to take the whole machine apart, which I will need to do anyway when I do finally get those pesky special screwdrivers ~ But if possible, I want to get the game out sooner rather than later.