I scored another kiosk to add to my collection - this time it was a full stand-up SNES display with a 25" monitor in it! This thing's a beast! I got it from the same place I found my Jaguar kiosk at and it was up for sale for $100 "as is."

I wanted to check it out a bit before hauling it home so I asked the guy at Game Craze if I could plug it in and see what the problem was. He said there was a short in the audio but the video was OK. Well I couldn't get ANYTHING to come up on the screen but could faintly hear audio so I knew the demo SNES itself was OK, and the fixtures lit up so I thought I'd take a shot at it. I talked him down to $75 and loaded this monster in my xB.

Got it home and started tinkering around with it, swapping parts here and there with my own working parts and eventually figuring out that the video cable in the kiosk is no good. But using my own parts, everything works! WOO! Got it cleaned up, I just need to re-solder the audio volume board onto the amp and I should be golden. Then I just need to figure out how I'm going to get this thing upstairs into my game room and out of the garage.

Pictures are here: http://videogamecollectors.com/galle...-an-SNES-Kiosk