Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow (DS) is so great!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They're in the underwater area and also in that area where it plays 'vampire killer'...

Also seriously if you have the Ape Skeleton and Puppet Master already, just use that.
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Guess i got a reason to get a DS now.

Still i wish konami would make a 2d, castlevania for the console market

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How do you get into the dark portal thingy? Thats the only area I have left to explore (besides the magic seal door in the middle of the map...though I'm guessing you get the seal when you go down the dark portal).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMan
    They're in the underwater area and also in that area where it plays 'vampire killer'...

Also seriously if you have the Ape Skeleton and Puppet Master already, just use that.
    so i can fly underwater as the bat? I have this soul btw

Also I dont understand how to use both the skeleton ape and pupper master soul correctly together to get across. If someone can explain this to me.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The spiked area where the spikes are covered with water...

You fly towards the left with the bat then you land on the safe area where there is no spikes. Throw the puppet(while Skeleton ape is equipped)... and that's it.

The Dark Portal in the middle is only opened once you go in the middle area. It's kinda a branching portion of the storyline so choose how you enter that middle area in the garden wisely.

Afterwards, you will be able to get trough the dark seal at the bottom of the tower area.
    - MarkMan

Idle

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lady Jaye: How are you liking Dawn of Sorrow? I'm assuming you picked it up like you said you would

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Markman, where did you happen to get the devil's tunic? That's one armor I never discovered through the game. Is it a rare drop?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Dark Portal in the middle is only opened once you go in the middle area. It's kinda a branching portion of the storyline so choose how you enter that middle area in the garden wisely.
    Hmmm...well then how do you get into the middle area?

I can't find any other place on the map to go besides the middle and the portal, and it still says I need a magic seal to get into the middle. What am I missing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have you defeated Dario yet?

Also have you defeated Paranoia(He's in the demon guest house all the way at the top left)... to gain access you need the Killer Clown, Kokaku, and some other soul I forgot.

That's the only way you can gain access to the other two areas if you've done one of those two...

Also for Devil's Tunic... I'm sorry that was a typo when I mentioned that, I meant Dracula's Tunic. lol. My mistake.
    - MarkMan

Idle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have you defeated Dario yet?

Also have you defeated Paranoia(He's in the demon guest house all the way at the top left)... to gain access you need the Killer Clown, Kokaku, and some other soul I forgot.

That's the only way you can gain access to the other two areas if you've done one of those two...
    Yeah, I've done both of those things, but it still won't let me in. Maybe I missed picking up a seal somewhere?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just sold off all of the armor I had that was from earlier in the game, or would bring down my stats if equipped. I only kept aromor that brings up certain stats such as luck. Will I hate myself for this later? such as starting a new game +

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PDorr3
    I just sold off all of the armor I had that was from earlier in the game, or would bring down my stats if equipped. I only kept aromor that brings up certain stats such as luck. Will I hate myself for this later? such as starting a new game +
    Probably not...you can just reaquire it again in new game +. As for a defensive armor, hopefully you kept orlox's or dracula's tunic, they help a lot in hard mode because the monsters hit quite hard and have more HP. Even if you sold those there's really nothing to worry about, you should be fine. I used the Three 7's armor almost the entire time in hard except for fighting death and menace.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Well, I knew I would go up aganist Dario again -- I just have'nt found him yet.

I crossed the spike area and explored the area beyond that. I have'nt finished ONE passage yet....I hope something is in it, cause I poked around the rest of the map to mop up areas and did'nt find anything else.

Hvae around 74 percent of the map explored.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Okay, to add on to my last reply -- I'm ticked. I can't find out what to do next to advance the game and I NEVER got stuck in the GBA Castlevania games.

I have the Zepher ability to stop time, as well as the double jump and the walk in water. Plus the ability to turn into a bat and the dummy doll ability. And four seals.

I have around 75 percent of the map explored. There's still the sealed transporter in the base of the tower that is locked, as well as the saled central corridor.

I've looked all over the map, and I'm SURE I've been everywhere that I had access to. The only rooms I can't get into are the ones with the three button locks on them.

Why am i stuck? What the heck am I susposed to do to advance the game? I thought this was susposed to be a open ended game....grrr.

I could use a hint or some help without spoiling anything as to where I'm susposed to go next, or if I overlooked something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    Okay, to add on to my last reply -- I'm ticked. I can't find out what to do next to advance the game and I NEVER got stuck in the GBA Castlevania games.

I have the Zepher ability to stop time, as well as the double jump and the walk in water. Plus the ability to turn into a bat and the dummy doll ability. And four seals.

I have around 75 percent of the map explored. There's still the sealed transporter in the base of the tower that is locked, as well as the saled central corridor.

I've looked all over the map, and I'm SURE I've been everywhere that I had access to. The only rooms I can't get into are the ones with the three button locks on them.

Why am i stuck? What the heck am I susposed to do to advance the game? I thought this was susposed to be a open ended game....grrr.

I could use a hint or some help without spoiling anything as to where I'm susposed to go next, or if I overlooked something.
    I may spoil a few things in the upcoming rant... so be warned.

Hmmmmmm... you should be prepped to enter The Pinnacle at this point... you said you "crossed the spike area"... this spike area wouldn't happen to be the spike-laden corridor that travels up and down? The one that you have to be a bat to precariously fly through? The spike area that can be reached by moving down and to the left of the Warp Room in the Cursed Clock Tower? Well, go beyond there to get into The Pinnacle, which is where Dario is located. You didn't say anything about having the soul required to enter mirrors... in case you don't know, Paranoia is located in the Demon Guest House in an area that can only be reached via a hallway from The Pinnacle loaded with many Succubi. As mentioned before, the hallway leading to Paranoia can only be reached if you have the Axe Armor, Killer Clown, and Ukoback souls. Beat him, get to Dario, and use the Paranoia soul in front of the mirror to fight Aguni. After beating him, you will find the last magic seal in the door beyond the chamber where Dario was. With the last magic seal, you should be able to get in the center room!

Lemme know if there's any details that I left out. I can sympathize with getting lost... I seriously did in Harmony of Dissonance once.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had 100% souls at one time, but I fused them to create those awesome weapons. How did you have those weapons and 100% souls, MarkMan?
    Run, run, or you'll be well done! -Kefka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- MarkMan

Idle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you Sotenga, thats what I was missing also. I had already beaten Dario once and didn't remember a mirror there.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Thanks Sotenga. I do VAGUALY recall that up and down spike room, now that you mention it. I guess my map is'nt showing a 'open' area, for some reason. I'll go check that out next time I play.

Also, regarding the mirrors -- you can enter them? What soul do you need to do this, and where can you get it at? What about the other souls I need to enter the Demon Guest House? Where are those obtained at?

Actually, by 'spiked area' I ment the left-right underwater passage, that I crossed by becoming a bat and then using the enhanced dummy doll abilities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    Also, regarding the mirrors -- you can enter them? What soul do you need to do this, and where can you get it at? What about the other souls I need to enter the Demon Guest House? Where are those obtained at?
    I apologize if I may be repeating myself at a few points, but here's how to get to what you need.

The soul of the boss Paranoia is the one required to enter mirrors. He's found in the upper-left corner of the castle in the Demon Guest House, whose upper area can only be accessed through The Pinnacle. The door leading into the DGH's upper area is found at the end of a long hallway of Succubi (about ten of them or so). This hallway can be found adjacent to a save point located around the bottom of the Pinnacle... specifically, the save point closest to the Pinnacle's warp room.

Paranoia's room in the DGH is found on the other side of a hallway where you need to break through three walls with the Axe Armor, Killer Clown, and Ukoback bullet souls respectively. This hallway can be found on the left side of the middle of the top chandelier room in the DGH (the one with the two Malachi in it). You should be able to reach Paranoia with this direction... but he's quite the tricky bastard. Be prepared.

When fighting him, I recommend hanging out using the Bat Company soul and staying in the top-center portion of the screen to avoid his lasers. It works MOST of the time, but his lasers are fuggin' difficult to dodge. But should you beat him, you'll get his soul and you'll be able to enter mirrors. If you recall, there are quite a few mirrors all over the castle which can now be entered. Track them down if you can, as some real good stuff awaits on the other side of them, including one of the best pieces of armor in the entire game. And, of course, with the Paranoia soul, you'll be able to enter the mirror in Dario's chamber and fight Aguni, the malicious fire spirit controlling him. That fight isn't easy either, but I'll leave it to you to find the best method of attack against him.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp