Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamestop Employees/ EBGames Employees Question 2!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gamestop Employees/ EBGames Employees Question 2!

IF you trade in a game or a system...and use the credit for merchandise...are you allowed to come back and change your mind and get your old stuff back?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You dont want to work there.

You also dont want to trade stuff in to them. You can easily get twice as much on eBay for just about anything you take there.

The stores suck, really.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Re: Gamestop Employees/ EBGames Employees Question 2!

Quote Originally Posted by dukenkm44
    IF you trade in a game or a system...and use the credit for merchandise...are you allowed to come back and change your mind and get your old stuff back?
    No, you're not, that kinda defeats the whole purpose of it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

God Bless ebgames. The one here at the mall is so awesome they keep NES and SNES games behind glass cases (where they belong !) . But fuck you gamestop for buying them out because you guys fucking suck. Seriously the guy that I was talking to at gamestop didn't even know what "River City Ransom" was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strawberry (Level 2) Diatribal Deity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Technically no. But...if you go back the same day there's a chance they may be able to void the transaction and retrieve the merchandise. Chances are if it was alot of stuff the employees/management will tell you no the first time. Ocassionally they run into situations where traded in merchandise turns out to be stolen or some little kid took his siblings or friends games and traded them in. Although employees are suppose to be vigilant about young kids trading in stuff (checking id's---I don't even know if some places still do this) they are usually so under the gun in trying to make goals they don't care.

Of course there are situations in some small towns where local strip EB's and Gamestops are considered pawn shops and should be holding on to merchandise that is traded in for days at a time. If you ever want to create a headache for one of these strip stores look into the town bylaws and bring it to the attention of the local authorities.

As we know in most instances the games are immediately stickered, packaged (not tested) and put out for sale. So usually employees don't want to have to go through the effort of re-locating the merchandise etc... But it can be done if someone were persistent.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

God Bless ebgames. The one here at the mall is so awesome they keep NES and SNES games behind glass cases (where they belong !) . But fuck you gamestop for buying them out because you guys fucking suck. Seriously the guy that I was talking to at gamestop didn't even know what "River City Ransom" was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, most of the time EBgames has worse employees, atleast around here. Mainly because they hire people that Gamestop fired for things like fraud and employee theft. Cool eh?

Anyways, don't work at Gamestop, maybe as a summer job during school like I am, but, it's pretty lame.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when did gamestop buy ebgames? do u have proof of this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IVE HAD BETTER EXPERIENCES WITH EBGAMES ODDLY ENOUGH LMAO

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

The laws vary from state to state. I know in Michigan it's law that all buy-back merchandise can NOT be sold until 24 hours after it's buy back time, but no one ever adheres to it.

That doesn't mean that you can just waltz in and get your stuff back within 24 hours. Once you sign that trade release you're signing a legal statement that assures the buyer that you aren't selling any stolen goods, and that you agree once the transaction is complete that you have no power to reclaim your item... unless you want to come back in 24 hours and re-purchase it for its used price.

Bottom line, if you're going to sell it be absolutely sure you won't regret the purchase later, because once you let it go, it's gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Google it..

And yea we RARELY give back traded in merchandise. I've done it maybe 3 times out of my 4 years (over an hour in our possesion).

One was stolen, one some kid did with his parents cds and they flipped, and one was some little kid that traded in his games without telling his dad.

This is at EB, as gamestop requires you to be 18

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukenkm44
    It happend about a month or two ago. Its common knowledge now and all the employees of both chains know about it. Together they will make up 25% of the market and narrowly beat out Wal Mart.

Speaking of trading in games, where I live (Seminole County, FL) all of the Gamestops, EBs and GameRushes have to treat game trade ins like pawn broker transactions. This means a huge 3 page form to fill out that is stored in the sheriffs office and even a thumb print. Its been making huge lines, since trading in a game for a dollar credit results in tying up the clerk for about 15 minutes. Also, they can't sell what was traded in for 15 days. This BS started early this year and I was wondering if anybody else has to deal with it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't deal with EB or GameStop when it comes down selling my used games or even other pawn shops for that matter. Their trade in values and store credits suck horribly so I only buy from them. Games that I do sell are duplicates and have gotten from finding it at a pawn shop for dirt cheep or given to me in "game bundles", but instead of trading in for store credits or cash at other locations, I just turn around and Ebay them. The biggest thing that gets me is how some of these places have great classics for 1$ or less that go for 20$ on ebay... It's just sad how many idiots actually trade these in for a few cents, but hell, it's America!
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor
    I don't deal with EB or GameStop when it comes down selling my used games or even other pawn shops for that matter. Their trade in values and store credits suck horribly so I only buy from them. Games that I do sell are duplicates and have gotten from finding it at a pawn shop for dirt cheep or given to me in "game bundles", but instead of trading in for store credits or cash at other locations, I just turn around and Ebay them. The biggest thing that gets me is how some of these places have great classics for 1$ or less that go for 20$ on ebay... It's just sad how many idiots actually trade these in for a few cents, but hell, it's America!
    If you don't like it, don't trade in then. Please don't get off topic with your store bashing. The amount of misinformation about chain stores flying around is already frustrating enough.

Regarding the original question: every store has its own policy, usually in accordance with the laws of the town or city that it is in. For instance, at the Gamestop I work in, we are required by town law to hold all merchandise for seven days, and record all information from the seller in a transaction log. These countermeasures are taken so that we can track theft. On the other hand, a Gamestop not 10 miles away tags and sells traded merchandise immediately after receiving it, as the town laws are different.

That said, just because a store may be required to hold onto merchandise for law-related reasons, it doesn't necessarily mean you can get your stuff back. In most cases, if you've traded in your stuff and wait even until the next day to change your mind, then you're usually out of luck. If you've gotten store credit for your trade-in, then used it, then decided to change your mind, then you're DEFINITELY out of luck.

After any trade-in, you can request a receipt. If you feel like you may change your mind, then don't do the trade-in at all, but if you decide to go ahead with it anyway, make sure you get a receipt - and always ask the store manager what their specific store's policies are before trading in anything.

And for god sakes people, keep the hate to a minimum. It's kind of sad.

My Complete Collection - Currently expanding my PS2 collection by buying up every five dollar game I see

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FoodMonster
    You dont want to work there.

You also dont want to trade stuff in to them. You can easily get twice as much on eBay for just about anything you take there.

The stores suck, really.
    SECONDED
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The one here at the mall is so awesome they keep NES and SNES games behind glass cases (where they belong !)
    If I saw this I would laugh and walk out of the store. I like NES ans SNES games as much as the next guy, but to have them in a glass case would make me think 2 things.

1. They are asking way too much for them, if they think they should be locked up behind a glass case.
    2. I am going to have to ask for help to browse through them.

Both of these options are not worth my time. I understand having some of the high priced carts in the glass case, but if they are storing R.C Pro Am and Blaster Master, I am guessing I will get sticker shock when I ask to look them over.

Strawberry (Level 2) Diatribal Deity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Check out this site and read all three sections for some very astute incite on EB and Gamestop.

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/17063

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hep038
    The one here at the mall is so awesome they keep NES and SNES games behind glass cases (where they belong !)
    If I saw this I would laugh and walk out of the store. I like NES ans SNES games as much as the next guy, but to have them in a glass case would make me think 2 things.

1. They are asking way too much for them, if they think they should be locked up behind a glass case.

Both of these options are not worth my time. I understand having some of the high priced carts in the glass case, but if they are storing R.C Pro Am and Blaster Master, I am guessing I will get sticker shock when I ask to look them over.
    You're kidding right? EVERY store I've ever been to has games behind a glass case. Loose carts, of course.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DDCecil
    Quote Originally Posted by Hep038

You're kidding right? EVERY store I've ever been to has games behind a glass case. Loose carts, of course.
    Not with me, 95% of all stores I go to that carry NES/SNES/Genesis/etc keep them out in the open to shuffle through. There's only a few that I remember that do that, and they are a pain in the ass to look through, I usually don't bother.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Needle", I'm not hating, my stance is that those places are best for buying from but when it comes to selling to them, it's not worth the money. Obviously you with working at a Game Stop you want to go all offensive, but rather I'm just giving the truth. It's in true collectors (Like everyone in this community) best interest to make the most out of their sale and not be cornered by a sales associate about a trade-in.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]