Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Default Well, it had to happen

Someone just filed an "Item not received" complaint against me via Paypal. This was an item I sold when I wasn't using Delivery Confirmation tags, so I have no way to prove that I sent the item. And I used Priority Mail, too, so I think the guy is scamming me. Thirty days have passed since I shipped the item. It should've arrived by now.

Oh, and he didn't even email me to ask about anything, he went to Paypal directly! I think I'm going to stop dealing with people with zero feedback thanks to that person.

What can I do? Should I just give in and pay this jerk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Boring situation. I dont think theres much you can do if you dont have any proof that you sent it. And ye, its strange that he filled out a complaint to Paypal straight away without contacting you first. But he could be a real newbie hehe.
    Have you e-mailed him and asked why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bummer, I had this happen once but luckily I have Delivery Confirmation on everything I send. If you go through PayPal to print out your postage, you can get confirmation for free on Priority and on other packages like First Class and Media, it only costs 13 cents. The only problem with that is you need a scale to weigh the packages.

If you can't get through to the buyer by email, request his contact information and ebay will give you his phone number. Just a thought.

Also, in case you (or anyone) needs to contact paypal, their phone number isn't always the easiest to find so here it is: 888-221-1161

While I'm at it, ebay's phone number isn't the easiest to find either so here's that: 888-749-3229

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Divine Atropos

He might not be lying. I've actually had priority stuff take over a month to arrive. 3 weeks in I filed for the refund and got my money back, and a little over a week later it came. And it was sent on the day that they said they sent it. If you can convince him to wait just a little bit longer, it might still show up for him.
    Come on, take a trip with me, across the bridge of lunacy...

Jed - The Fearless Leader of JedMart. Fighting the war against high prices, one sale at a time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You can appeal things like that. You should also be able to contact the postal service and see if they cover loss ~ I know the Royal Mail does for certain parcels, even without a proof of sending.

Give them enough details, and they should be able to track the parcel. Details like when it was sent, where it was sent to, how much the postage was on it Etc...

And just because someone has filed a claim, doesn't mean it will rule in their favour. I have previously lost out due to PayPal not ruling in my favour when something has not surfaced.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I sent an email to the person, saying I was disappointed that they did not contact me before going to Paypal.

I'm NOT refunding his money until the last minute. I'm going to wait if he gets the item during this week.

Edit:
    I don't have the receipt for anything, sadly. I think I threw it out when I sent the item.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

My apologies for the bump, I just found the receipt I got from the USPS when I sent off the item! It's not tracking, but will that be enough to end this claim?

Strawberry (Level 2) Mr.Faxanadu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    I sent an email to the person, saying I was disappointed that they did not contact me before going to Paypal.

I'm NOT refunding his money until the last minute. I'm going to wait if he gets the item during this week.

Edit:
    I don't have the receipt for anything, sadly. I think I threw it out when I sent the item.
    I'm probably going to be in the same boat soon. Got a guy who's caliming the pakcage didn't arrive. I do have the recipt and my auction stated that -

1 - I will not be responcible for lost packages

2 - If the buyers wants insurance it will be an extra $1. He did not pay for insurance.

I have a feeling that I'm still at fualt here!
    Check out HitpointZ.com to see all my items for sale!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My apologies for the bump, I just found the receipt I got from the USPS when I sent off the item! It's not tracking, but will that be enough to end this claim?
    Well, post office receipts do show the zip codes that you sent packages to. You have nothing to loose by sending it to Paypal and see if they accept it.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nope they won't accept that. Sorry. It's been tried before by a LOT of us Ebay Sellers.

Only Delivery Confirmation or an official tracking #.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This won't help you out in your current situation, but I do have some advice for your future sales. Stop using PayPal.

PayPal's fine to buy with, but for selling I have decided to start using BidPay. I know not as many folks use it, but it's just too easy to get burned by PayPal.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link
    This won't help you out in your current situation, but I do have some advice for your future sales. Stop using PayPal.

PayPal's fine to buy with, but for selling I have decided to start using BidPay. I know not as many folks use it, but it's just too easy to get burned by PayPal.
    I appreciate the comment, but I don't trust BidPay. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think it's shady in any way, since it's a service provided by Western Union, and my family has been a client of theirs for more than five years. I haven't used it, or rather - I have an account, I just don't know the specifics of the system.

And it sucks that Paypal won't accept my receipt. I did email the bidder before I told Paypal about the receipt, so maybe -he- will stop the complaint.

Edit:
    Aha, by the way, I cleared out my account in case they pulled a "You can't access your money, beeyatch!" stunt.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kitsune, be prepared to never use that account again, it will dip into negative funds and any amount you put in paypal will immediately go toward the negative balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

So I contacted the member last night. He FINALLY replied.

The receipt does us no good. Since you are the sender, you can file a claim with the Post Office for lost package.
    I'm filling out a form. The USPS people told me to and gave me one. But once I do, what will happen? What's the purpose of this form? Will they reimburse the amount of money the item was valued at, or what?

And... isn't opening another Paypal account against the rules? I have to use the same checking account, wouldn't they notice that?