Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jurrasic Park video games - What say you?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Jurrasic Park video games - What say you?

I have two little boys who are super into Jurassic Park right now. They want to watch the DVD over and over. Of course we have to skip the scarriest parts because they are too little.

Anyways, it got me thinking about Jurassic Park video games. There were alot of them. Here are some that I remember:

1. Jurassic Park - Sega Genesis - To me, this is one of the most underrated Genny games around. I really like this game. It's challenging and has it's share of problems, but over all, as a action-adventure game, I think it's pretty nice. The ability to play as a raptor is a sweet thing as well. And for people with "certain" monitors, this game can look amazing, especially the "raft in the waterfall" level.

2. Jurassic Park - Super Nintendo - Ok, the Super Nes Jurassic Park was a completely different game than the Genny version, and a damn good one too. You are in a overhead view, controlling your guy in a cartoony type Jurassic Park. The Genny game tried to go with more realism with the digitalized characters, but the SNES version was more cartoon style. The music and sound effects in this game are top notch. One of the first Dolby Surround SNES games. The 3D levels were kinda nausiating, and that was really the only big negative for me.

3. Jurassic Park - Sega CD - Ok, now this was a different animal all together. I remember when I had the Sega CD, and I was waiting for this game, I thought it was going to be so amazing. Well, it actually is quite cool. It's more of a point and click type adventure game, but it has it's own charms. It's very different from most of the Sega CD fare, and quite different from all the other Jurassic Park games. I think this is a great Sega CD to try out if you've never experienced it.

4. Jurassic Park - 3DO - I actually had the 3DO version of Jurassic Park back in the day, but I can't really remember too much about it. I remember it had different little mini games in it. Like one game, I think you had some type of electrical shock thing, and the spitting dinosaurs were spitting at you, and you had to zap them with the shock thing while avoiding spit. I can't really remember the rest of the game. If anybody remembers about this game, please enlighten me.

5. Jurassic Park - Game Gear - From what I remember, this game is like a scaled down version of the Genny game. Pretty decent for game gear.

6. Jurassic Park - Playstation - I forget what this game is called, I think the title is kinda different, but If I remember correctly, this was a 2.5 D platformer, and you were a little compy dinosaur or something.

7. Jurassic Park - Saturn - Same thing as Playstation version.

8. Jurassic Park - Rampage Edition - Sega Genesis - This was the sequel to the first Jurassic Park on the Genny. Much harder than the first. Not too bad a game if you have the patience. I think the first one was much better though.

9. Jurassic Park II - Super Nintendo - If my memory serves me correct, this game was kinda like a contra or turrican type 2D action adventure game.

Ok, those are the games that I can remember, any other Jurassic Park games that I'm forgetting?

Which one is your favorite?

Which one do you hate?

Any other thoughs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jurassic Park on the SNES was my favorite. IIRC there was a second revision of it that actually supported saving (the game wasn't too hard, but fuck me was it way too long to not have a save game function in it originaly).

Jurassic Park II on SNES was pretty meh, but that intro was AWESOME.

edit - IIRC there's some Jurassic Park games on the GBA but I haven't played 'em at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jurrasic Park 2 on SNES was definitely my favorite.
    I played that game for hours upon hours with my cousins, the first time in the jeep with the T-Rex chasing after you, awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jurassic Park--NES--Ocean.

Its a great top-down platformer with lots of fun levels, not too scary for the kids and not so hard that you'll punch the children or they you while trying to play. Getting past the first T-Rex is tough though.
    SO not the Drama.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Woah, there was a version of JP for SNES that had a save function?

That would've been nice.

For me it's SNES(I loved the music, the atmosphere it gave off, and the voice clips), followed by the Genesis. I did enjoy running around as a raptor, I just wish you could have done more.

One thing I always REALLY wanted was a map for the SNES game, though. I always got lost in the raptor pen, and would spend like 2 hours trying to find the exit, and never doing so. Being too lazy to make my own map, I never finished the game. Always did everything up to that point, including finding the raptor eggs, but never actually got past the pen.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I liked the Genesis versions the most.

I never cared much for the overhead view used on the Nintendo systems and i really enjoyed being able to also play as the Raptor.

The river level in the first game was a pain in the ass though.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, there was the Jurassic Park fighting game for PS1, nice presentation but the fighting wasn't much fun. A few JP games for the various Gameboys. One horrible Game.com game that was an unplayable platformer mixed with a few unpleasent driving segments. Thats all I got.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I remember correctly, Jurassic Park: The Lost World was a pretty poor platformer on PlayStation and Saturn. The collision detection was flaky, and both the movement and controls didn't feel right. The level design was pretty antiquated, too. As for the graphics, I can only remember the Saturn version, but they were shoddy. I thought the animation was particularly poor.

For me, Jurassic Park on the Genesis stands out as the most worthwhile effort to sink your teeth into (was that a pun?).

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At least in Europe there was alos an Jurrasic Park: the Lost World for the Megadrive. It was the last game released by Sega for the system. Sadly I can't tell much about it as it was never sold in The Netherlands as far as I know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

The best one was Jurassic Park for snes. Long game which i never did beat, and the first person parts of the game were awesome so many years ago. I gotta find me a copy with a battery, or beat it through emulation cause i never did back in the day. Got down to four eggs or something with my dad one day

Strawberry (Level 2) Diatribal Deity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

For something a little different you may want to try Operation Genesis. It plays similar to Zoo Tycoon and some of the other simulations out their but is more simplified. It is available for PS2, XBOX, and PC. I recommend the XBOX version over the PS2 version for loading reasons but actually prefer the PC version because of the interface.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jurrasic Park on the Genesis was on of the games that I grew up playing. There is a period in my life where pretty much all I can remember doing is playing that game. Although, I don't think I (we) ever beat it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jurasic Park The lost World (ARC) Think Virtua Cops with Dinos. Made by Sega too.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by sharp
    At least in Europe there was alos an Jurrasic Park: the Lost World for the Megadrive. It was the last game released by Sega for the system. Sadly I can't tell much about it as it was never sold in The Netherlands as far as I know.
    I've only played it briefly (just got it last week) but from what I've seen, it's pretty decent. What little I saw was an overhead driving/shooter, so perhaps it's a different game to the Saturn/PSX version THATinkjar mentioned?
    Nice graphics for a MD game aswell (though it is on a 32 meg cart).

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp
    I've only played it briefly (just got it last week) but from what I've seen, it's pretty decent. What little I saw was an overhead driving/shooter, so perhaps it's a different game to the Saturn/PSX version THATinkjar mentioned?
    Nice graphics for a MD game aswell (though it is on a 32 meg cart).
    I've got that Mega Drive game, too. I agree with anagrama, it is a pretty good game - certainly one of the better titles in the franchise. The game is also vastly different to that of the PlayStation and Saturn versions. I don't even think the storyline is the same because everything unfolds differently. I'm not too clued up, though, so don't take my word for this.

For those who don't know too much about the Mega Drive version, here is Rotten Tomatoes' description of the game, which was released in 1997:

"The dinosaurs are back in this monstrous sequel to JURASSIC PARK. Take a dinosaur-stomping adventure through Site B as you try to reach a radiophone so you can call a helicopter to get you out of there. But your journey won't be easy, because along the way you'll run into fierce, menacing dinosaurs that'll try to catch and eat you. Play as characters from the movie and use weapons such as the tranquilizer, rocket launcher, and the shotgun. Featuring 3D graphics, music straight out of the movie, many levels and fast gameplay, JURASSIC PARK is back ... with bite!"

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Jurrasic Park video games - What say you?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    I
    4. Jurassic Park - 3DO - I actually had the 3DO version of Jurassic Park back in the day, but I can't really remember too much about it. I remember it had different little mini games in it. Like one game, I think you had some type of electrical shock thing, and the spitting dinosaurs were spitting at you, and you had to zap them with the shock thing while avoiding spit. I can't really remember the rest of the game. If anybody remembers about this game, please enlighten me.
    I don't remember it vividly, but it's an assortment of very bad minigames that have nothing to do with Jurassic Park. They tried to capture an arcadey feel but the games just aren't fun. I think there's a Space Invaders type game in there with a human head going across the bottom...that kind of stuff. Think really bad Flash games. It's actually somewhat worth checking out because it's laughably bad...I'll probably fire it up at my next game night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The NES version was also ported to the Game Boy and PC. As I recall, the Game Boy version also had a little "dinosaur encyclopeda" that was missing from the NES version.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Re: Jurrasic Park video games - What say you?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Which one is your favorite?
    Sega CD Jurassic Park is my favorite, and I'm glad to see someone agrees with me that it was indeed a great game. I remember it being so full of suspense, amazing game. Love it!

Which one do you hate?
    Genesis Versions, I think it's due to the fact that I always went over my friends house when I was little to play games, and we always played this, this or X-Men, CONSTANTLY...That's why I despise both games.

Any other thoughs?
    Jurassic Park for PSX and Saturn are my second fave, those were really fun games.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played Jurrasic Park for NES not long acctualy. Not the best, but an enjoyable game. I also loved the Jurrasic Park game for PSX (lost world or whats it called). Its sorta like Contra, but with dinosaurs instead.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"1. Jurassic Park - Sega Genesis - To me, this is one of the most underrated Genny games around. I really like this game. It's challenging and has it's share of problems, but over all, as a action-adventure game, I think it's pretty nice. The ability to play as a raptor is a sweet thing as well. And for people with "certain" monitors, this game can look amazing, especially the "raft in the waterfall" level. "

The Genesis version of Jurassic Park was SICK! I used to have a code for the debug mode where you could use the human to play in the raptors levels and vice versa. Very cool glitches and stuff from that.