Thread: Resident Evil 4 Ultimate Collectors Pack - 119.95

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by THATinkjar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    well, i just added this to the cart and changed quantity to 200 and it still let me add them all to my cart.....so, im assuming 100 is wrong, or a lot of pre-orders will be cancelled due to lack of quantity
    Probably will be cancelled, I can't see Capcom blatantly lying like that.
    Who would know if Capcom produced 100 or 1000? Honestly, they can do and say what they like!
    Um, anyone think that they may actually be numbered sets? Ie, 100/100

So I also assume these sets come in special presentation box's, and aren't like console bundles in stores where they have just taken a handful of items and are claiming it as being a special bundle???

It clearly shows a black box, so I assume taht's what it all comes in.

Still, i'd rather a bundle with the chainsaw controller!

Are there any other limited Resi 4 items announced? Ie, the Cube had that nice tin from GameStop...

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Only 100 of these will be sold exclusively through Capcom's online store.
    My first inclination would be that maybe other stores in the U.S. would be getting these?? Anyone here that works at Gamestop or EB should check the system to make sure. Just because Capcom is only selling 100 via "their store" doesn't mean that's all they made, just how many THEY are selling directly to the public. But I also could be reading too literally into the text, and for all we know they only made 100, and they are individually numbered. I guess for a die hard fan, better safe than sorry!
    #vbender

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grandamchandler
    I guess for a die hard fan, better safe than sorry!
    And here was me thinking that this was for the Resident Evil fans

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grandamchandler
    Only 100 of these will be sold exclusively through Capcom's online store.
    My first inclination would be that maybe other stores in the U.S. would be getting these?? Anyone here that works at Gamestop or EB should check the system to make sure. Just because Capcom is only selling 100 via "their store" doesn't mean that's all they made, just how many THEY are selling directly to the public. But I also could be reading too literally into the text, and for all we know they only made 100, and they are individually numbered. I guess for a die hard fan, better safe than sorry!
    I thought about that, but they use the term EXCLUSIVELY which indicates that this package is only available through the online store. This was the first thing I considered when I was planning on buying it.

Also considered numbered sets, seeing as how the Gamestop lithographs were numbered, this doesn't seem out of the ordinary. For something like this, I think it's safe to assume it will be.

Also, the black box, I think that's for the soundtrack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yikes. UPS Ground to Canada is $110 just for shipping bringing the total to $229.95. I thought some eBay sellers were bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Got a response, it's a discouraging response, but it is one at least:

Thank you for contacting Capcom U.S.A., Inc. All orders are processed and verified through our Customer Service and orders in excess of 100 will receive notification that this title has sold out. Currently, we are sold out. You may wish to check back at our site in the near future, should any other versions of this set become available. This set is not packaged in any special way; it is a package deal for the items listed. This is the first time we have made the Resident Evil/Biohazard Soundtrack Box available in the United States. We appreciate your continued support of Capcom products!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

glad i decided to pass on this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

Thank you for contacting Capcom U.S.A., Inc. All orders are processed and verified through our Customer Service and orders in excess of 100 will receive notification that this title has sold out. Currently, we are sold out. You may wish to check back at our site in the near future, should any other versions of this set become available. This set is not packaged in any special way; it is a package deal for the items listed. This is the first time we have made the Resident Evil/Biohazard Soundtrack Box available in the United States. We appreciate your continued support of Capcom products!
    Glad I ordered one last night then. Capcom already charged my card, so I think I'm safe.
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Tune

Glad I ordered one last night then. Capcom already charged my card, so I think I'm safe.
    Same here. The link should be dead now, it was when I checked it earlier. I'm gonna keep my order and hope they decided to include somekinda certificate or the woman I e-mailed didnt know what she was talking about.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really think people are gonna get burned on this. Seems like just a bunch of different RE items for one price - no real "collector's edition" anything.

Or maybe you'll get some super rarity awesomeness. Still, I just don't see Capcom USA as the kind of company to create limited edition packaging and numbering or whatever for an item they're only going to sell 100 of. That kind of packaging costs money unless you do it in bulk like the Gamestop collector's editions.

Keep us updated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that's awesome, I would love to get it

I just can't afford it, that really sucks

hmm I wonder how i can work it out to buy it hmm...

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessChris
    I really think people are gonna get burned on this. Seems like just a bunch of different RE items for one price - no real "collector's edition" anything.

Or maybe you'll get some super rarity awesomeness. Still, I just don't see Capcom USA as the kind of company to create limited edition packaging and numbering or whatever for an item they're only going to sell 100 of. That kind of packaging costs money unless you do it in bulk like the Gamestop collector's editions.

Keep us updated.
    I'm planning on e-mailing a Capcom manager, as soon as I can find an e-mail address, and possibly try to persuade them to include a certificate or something with it.

Of course, it will be a worthless attempt, but I'd like to make my voice heard at least. I don't have anything to lose except time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

Sold out

I'm a day late and a dollar short as always.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

OK, I sent a letter to Capcom, probably pointless but worth a shot:

Sir Or Madam,

I recently pre-ordered the Resident Evil 4 Ultimate Collector's Pack, which is limited to 100 sets. As very serious Resident Evil collector, I can not pass up a set that is limited like that.

After some concerns about how this would be packaged, I contacted Customer Service yesterday, where I spoke with a representative. They informed me, to my dismay, that this would not be packaged in any special way nor would it include a certificate stating that this is a Limited Edition set. I understand that it is not cost or time effective to produce a special package for such a limited set. I do think it would be cost effective and very pleasing to fans who purchased this set to include a certificate though, possibly numbered, that states that the purchased bundle was part of a limited edition set of only 100 produced. I feel that it would be rewarding to loyal fans who spent 119.95 on such short notice.

Please consider my proposal, and please respond with your thoughts on this matter, thank you very much.

A Very Loyal Capcom Fan,
    Chris O'Sullivan (e-mail address here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessChris
    Ding Ding.

Nothing "Exclusive" save for the shirt. I mention the shirt just because i'm not 100% positive if that's for sale somewhere else.

But OMG numbared boxes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

I ordered mine at 11:30 pm on the 2nd. I think you're receipt is proof enough that they're part of the LE set

They wont be charging our cards until the orders ship, they just gave us a temp charge to make sure there was $ left on our cards.

I would love the certificate though, since I'd probably have a pretty low number.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

Quote Originally Posted by walrusmonger
    They wont be charging our cards until the orders ship, they just gave us a temp charge to make sure there was $ left on our cards.
    Sweet cuppin' cakes, I was worried about that one.
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by walrusmonger
    I ordered mine at 11:30 pm on the 2nd. I think you're receipt is proof enough that they're part of the LE set

I would love the certificate though, since I'd probably have a pretty low number.
    That annoys me, because I have the money NOW and want them to take it, in 2 months...I may not have the money to spare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by briskbc
    Yikes. UPS Ground to Canada is $110 just for shipping bringing the total to $229.95. I thought some eBay sellers were bad.
    When you ship something into canada they apparently charge you the value of the item.
    A friend of mine is moving into canada and she said if customs opened her stuff up and saw all her GCN stuff in their the shipping would have skyrocketed because they carge you for the value of the games being shipped.

I am not 100% certain on this though as i have niot shipped to canada.
    R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.com