Thread: Official Rebelstar Tactical Command Thread!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Official Rebelstar Tactical Command Thread!

"Developed by the team behind 'X-Com' and 'Laser Squad Nemesis,' 'Rebelstar Tactical Command' has an unmatched turn-based strategy pedigree," said Jeff Lujan, business director at Namco Hometek Inc. "The game expands upon traditional strategy gameplay with true character development, fully destructible environments and a compelling science fiction premise, delivering the most full-featured handheld strategy experience for gamers everywhere."

In the year 2117, the Earth has been overrun by a terrible alien scourge known as the Arelian Empire. Controlling mankind through fear and intimidation, the Arelians have brought countless suffering to mankind, abducting all humans once they reach the age of 30. A new recruit named Jorel joins a group of rebels in their struggle to reclaim the world for humans, driving the Arelians back into the deepest, darkest reaches of space.

"Rebelstar: Tactical Command" lets players control their own squad of rebels. Using a turn-based combat system, players will be able to devise unique strategies to achieve victory, such as flanking opponents, utilizing the game's fully destructible environments to destroy cover and using lines of sight to their advantage to perform sneak attacks. As they fight their way to freedom, players will be able to develop their characters, outfitting them with new weapons while cultivating unique skills. Players can also battle head-to-head against their friends with a single cartridge in competitive hot seat multiplayer mode.

Ships tomorrow.

Anyone else picking this one up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DTJAAAAM
    PSN
    DTJAAAAM

I am. I also noticed that the price at GameStop dropped from $29.99 to $19.99, hurray!

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Yep have ordered it seeing as I'm a huge Gollop fan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It ships TOMORROW???
    SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT

I've gotta preorder...fast! Think it's too late? I NEED that game.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

GBA Sleeper of the year here people. A game just like X-com but for GBA? Screenshots that look as pretty as that? $19.99? SOLD to me.
    #vbender

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Okay time to revive this thread.

I just got this. Incredible! A turn-based strategy person's cream dream! They took X-Com + RPG elements = Rebelstar Tactical Command. It starts out with basic training missions and then throws you into a combat sim that feels exactly like X-Com. The cut scenes are cool too, reminds me of Advance Wars & F-Zero GP legend. Graphics are great, and with all the different things you can do, this game really pushes a GBA cart to the limit.

At $19.99 this is a steal. If you were or are a turn-based strategy player, go buy this NOW!!

More to come as I play it. Could be my favorite GBA game of the year so far....
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

guys do you think this one will still be available in a few weeks? i consider buying it, but i don't have the money right now. With the $-€ conversion rate this is a steal though
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's VERY available most places here. I got it today at my local supermarket. I haven't had time to play it yet tho. Game stores got limited quantities, but like Sigma Star Saga, it seems Namco made sure it had at least decent initial distribution. I wouldn't wait like 3 months or anything, but yeah, it should be around.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well i was thinking about 3 month

mh well, i'll ask again in 2-3 weeks i guess
    -Jan

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hydr0x,

I know for a fact that my GameStop that does a decent amount of volume, got 2 copies of this in this week. As I am sure it is not a priority title, I am not sure how much they will receive in the coming months. I am sure you will be able to find it used as I don't think there was an extremely low print run. Anyways, get it ASAP just to play it! It's great!

-chris
    #vbender

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My initial impression is that it's okay. X-Com rivals Starflight as my favorite game of all time, and I'm a huge fan of this genre, but this title is a bit too bare bones for me to call fantastic. I guess I was hoping for something deeper. Still, the basic mechanics of the X-Com squad battles are present. It doesn't engage me like X-Com did, but it's fun enough to justify the cost. The only thing I absolutely hate about this game is the main character. I just want to smack that smirk off his face. I'm still in the early stage, so my opinion may change.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I got it today, it's pretty fun. It's not the best game out there, but it's definetely worth it.

Strawberry (Level 2) ChronoTriggaFoo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just picked this up yesterday NEW at Gamestop.

Of note: The Rebelstar box I brought up to the counter ended up being the box I was to take home. That STINKS. My NEW game was already opened and the box, while still in ok condition, was not minty like I like them.

Anyhow, I played for a little a while and I definitely liked the look of it. The cursor I'm not too fond of in isometric view, but I'll get used to it. The characters move a bit slow on the field, but this game is a little bit about stealth, NO!? Anyhow, this game should keep me entertained for a while. It's no Advance Wars or Fire Emblem, but it will definitely do.

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, Sigma Star Saga and Racing Gears Advance are next on my list to acquire!
    ***If you have any Transformers toys or Three Investigators books, let me know.***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had mine since it came out but I guess I missed this thread. I've had this in my DS since I got it and I've had alot of fun with it. I played X-Com on the Playstation and really liked it so I picked this one up right away. Best GBA game I've picked up in awhile.

I like the cutscenes and RPG elements they have going in this one.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Heh, here's some good info for you:

Clicky!!

BTW, that game really does look pretty cool! I was checking it out yesterday at EB.