Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hardest game /levels you had beaten

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hardest game /levels you had beaten

what are some of outrageously hard games you have played through? final doom is like damn man you cant even get everything right even in god mode that game is mofoing hard.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The original Grand Theft Auto without cheats... bascially, you could only save after completeing a set of missions and if you messed up a mission once, you couldn't do it over again. GTA2 was also pretty tough, but at least you could save after every missions, but you had to pay to do so. The 3D GTA games have been pretty easy for me for the most part after cutting my teeth on the first two.

The Driver games aren't outrageously hard, but there's always one or two missions on each of them that are a total pain in the ass (ie, the final mission in part 1 or the Catalina chases in 3) from both difficulty and cheapness (lightpoles that never fall down -- they're finally fixing that in the new game).

For older games, I only beat Thunder Force II a couple of times -- the last part of the final side-scrolling level where everything speeds up always took most of my lives and then the boss would use the rest up. The times I did get to the final stage, I don't think I even died.

A lot of Konami's NES games were/are pretty tough for me. I've never beaten several of them, such as Castlevania or Rush N Attack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll have to second the final mission in Driver 1. Insane!

FOr current gen, i'm also thinking the Arnhelm level of MOH:Frontline. Ever try that one on the hardest setting? Ugh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

For the X-box, that would be Gunvalkrye. I still dont know how I finished it, but I not only finished it, but did so without cheats. Brigindine on the PS1 beat me though. Even with cheats, I still couldnt beat it. On the NES, Zanac was a game I could never beat. RushN'Attack is a good pick. I havent even got off the second level.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gun Valyrie was a game that I dearly wanted to complete....same with Panzer Dragoon Orta, but no way.

There have been plenty of RPG bosses over the years that have left me standing as the victor while my life bar is beeping with a sliver of health left.

One bitch that I never DID take down is the endboss of Final Fantasy 8. I lasted 2 hours and 40 minutes with JUST Squall left until she killed me. I'll remember that time duration until the day I die. 2 hours and 40 minutes.......and then Squall died and I got the "game over" screen. I've been told afterwards that THE only way that you can kill her is if you have Squall's final weapon, which seems highly unfair IMO. Needless to say that although my entire party was maxed in every skill, I didn't have it.

Nearly 3 hours of gaming.....all for nothing. Incidentally, I still have my game saved on my memory card at the spot outside her door.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It took me what seemed like dozens and dozens of attempts to topple Chakan: The Foreverman. Eventually, I mastered the right set of patterns for the tougher enemies and just got lucky...

More recently, PS2 Shinobi and XBOX Ninja Gaiden seemed fairly difficult to me.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Chapter 7 in Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox. Hard level, hardest boss. I dread what it will be like in the new NG Black.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let's see, Steel Batallion deletes your save if you don't press the eject button right before you die. Its got the highest learning curve ever and is crazy tough on top of that. I beat it a few days ago and I still don't know how.

Battletoads took me weeks if not months to beat. That game was crazy.

Snake Rattle and Roll had some insane jumps and was tough as nails, IMHO. I never did beat that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

More recently, PS2 Shinobi and XBOX Ninja Gaiden seemed fairly difficult to me.
    I gave up on Shinobi after a few levels -- it wasn't "hard", but some of the flying enemies were cheap and the camera sucked IMO.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jet Grind Radio

some of the tags were a real bitch to get(i know i spent atleast 5-6 hours on certain stages)
    great game though and still one of my favorites
    12 US SMS games to go
    74 US DC games to go

Now Playing:
    Guild Wars:
    (W/Me Furby Slayer)
    (Mo/R Goat Herder Teo)
    Riviera: the promised land

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Rush N Attack I used to think was impossible... but here's a strategy that will allow everyone to win. Yes, it's a bit sketchy, but it works.

Use a game genie for unlimited lives. Go through the game 10 times like this. Then, play the game without game genie. You will probably beat the game on first or second try. It works for almost everyone I've offered this starategy to.

Another thing you can do (I did this pre-game genie), is set the game to 2-player. Take two rapidfire controllers and put the players back-to-back. Put a c clamp over the B button on both controllers. Come back in two days. You will have the maximum amount of lives for both players because you knived so many soldiers that ran into you. Plus, with a buddy, you can now see the two-player ending where both players show up on the last screen (yeah, big deal heh heh). This strategy works in many games, including Contra III for SNES (on about half the levels).

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slimedog
    Let's see, Steel Batallion deletes your save if you don't press the eject button right before you die. Its got the highest learning curve ever and is crazy tough on top of that. I beat it a few days ago and I still don't know how.
    Yeah, missions 4 and 23 are super-hard to beat until you figure them out. Then they're only pretty tough and easy to screw up. So...now try Veteran Mode! And then Desperado! And then Magnum Force! And then Armageddon! You've only scratched the surface at this point. :P

But the hardest thing I did was beat Mission 13 (including destroying every stinkin' enemy) in Armageddon using a Falchion.

I'd agree about Driver's final mission, but I never beat it without using a cheat.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerOfFurbies
    Jet Grind Radio

some of the tags were a real bitch to get(i know i spent atleast 5-6 hours on certain stages)
    I'll Second that one. The funny thing is that the end boss of the game is not very hard at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Level 5 on Metal Slug 3 for Xbox. Try beating that without any continues. I honestly thought for a while that it was impossible to beat. Took me a little over 1 week of playing 2-3 hours a night until I finished it, and thats not counting the time I spent on the 4 previous levels (I remember Level 3 being a real bitch too).

Thank god 4 & 5 lets you continue from the last place you died. x_x

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ha! New games nowadays are weak compared to these:

Ghosts N GOBLINS for NES
    You have to finish it TWICE. Good luck on that. Took me 6 months and I wanted to cry)

Deadly Towers for NES
    I never beat the last guy! And this is WITHOUT using that code to switch the letters and start with two swords.

Adventures of Batman and Robin for Genesis
    HAHAHHAHAHHAHAH! Yeah.

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for NES
    This is VERY VERY VERY difficult.

R-Type Arcade
    I still think this game is silly on difficulty. Try dying at the end of level 7 and passing that bottom area without weapons. Go on. I dare you.

most of the other NES games are much easier. I used to think Dr. Chaos was pretty hard, but I know a few people that have mastered it pretty well now, that is, only after YEARS of playing it!

I know Battletoads IS a very hard game as well. Probably the hardest of the popular NES titles to try and complete.

Hardest games in this day and age IMO...
    Ninja Gaiden for Xbox
    Nightshade for PS2
    Shinobi for PS2
    and any of the Metal Slug games without continuing and completing them the RIGHT WAY.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GTA2, without a doubt, had the world's hardest level. You had to bust into a prison and shoot eight gaurds while all the prisoners rioted and tried to kill you! It was SO NOT FUN!
    Adventure of Link doesn't really suck...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also agree with Jet Grind Radio that game was really Hard

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

I can beat tekken 5 on the hardest difficulty.

I can also beat KI Gold on the hardest with the speed all the way up and blindfolded.

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It took something like 2 weeks of 3 hour sessions per night to finally beat the final level in Driver (It is still one of my favorite games and I can't understand why they can't get thee sequels right!). I still remember literally screaming the time I ended up on my roof, right outside of the parking garage!

I still pop in that final level from time to time, and have now beaten it a total of 3 times...gotta love those crazy black sedans!

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Insert Coin (Level 0) The Plucky Little Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One bitch that I never DID take down is the endboss of Final Fantasy 8.
    I would have a damn heart attack if I lost to an RPG boss after wailing on it that long.

I was actually pretty underpowered when I fought her, but someone told me that you just had to haste squall and cast whatever spell it was that doubled or tripled your chance of getting a limit break (is that what they were called in part eight? It's been awhile). If you didn't get the limit just keep hitting triangle to skip his turn until it shows up. Once you've nailed her various forms with that 16 hit move of his a few times she's history. I had no idea how the level up system worked the first time I played that game so my party just sucked, but I was able to beat it this way.

Jet Grind Radio

I just love that game. I still haven't played the X-box version. As hard as it could be, I found the learning curve to be pretty steep. Once you got over that stupid hump even the hardest tags seemed like a breeze, but I know where you're coming from. There were tags in that game that I swore were impossible to nail.